2011-01-07 16:23:17

Hi,

I just noticed that it says my Karma is 1 below my name. I've never noticed this before, maybe it's because I'm posting more.. Anyways, what does Karma mean? I know what the word means, but not in reguard to this website.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

Thumbs up −1

2011-01-07 16:35:59

Hello,

You may have a look at an old discussion about carma from here.

Hope this helps.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

Thumbs up +1

2011-01-07 17:07:31

Hey, thanks for that.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

Thumbs up

2011-01-07 18:22:12 (edited by sid512 2011-01-08 15:49:20)

hi,
i think the karma system is fine.
well, most of the people have there karma in singles,
on the other hand, there are karma extremists as well!
for example,
on the positive side, aprone, with user karma +63,
on the negative side, connor142, with user karma -101! (may be  he deserves that).
regards,
sid.
neutral

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

Thumbs up 0

2011-01-07 19:35:58

Hi,
I am not the moderator, but I'd like to speek my mind here. In my opinion, you actually deserve a thumbs down. Not to sound rude. Its really unfare, Conner doesn't no propper English, maybe he's in a different country, or his spellings are not good, that is unfare, besides unfare, that can be extremely rude. Conner is an audio gamer, he wants to get into the world of audio gaming, he's in, and your trying to send him out of the way by a rude way! If you don't like his posts, just ignore it. I am sure he's aware of it, and I'm sure he's not happy about it. So, in other words, don't thumbs down his posts or don't reply to his messages. Its really unfare about what your doing just because he doesn't have good english. And the way you wrote it, it looks like you are an archer enemy of Conner. I am sorry if this message is harsh, but I thought I'd speek up my mind. Sorry if its a bit rude. I am standing up to what I say, which is don't thumbs down peoples posts just because they don't have good english. Please stop right here. Anyone agree?

Thumbs up −2

2011-01-07 19:43:47 (edited by robla 2011-01-07 19:49:23)

yeah sid, that was out of order!
saying he  deserves it.  in my honest opinion the carma system is a load of rubbish!
it adds nothing to the forum, and just brings  unnecessary upset or hurt on people like connah who have minus carma.
We should be praising people for at least learning  some english, not give him thumbs down all the time because he's not the greatest!
my first language is welsh, but i bet no one on the forum can speak it, and if you tried and failed, i wouldn't go, o that's horrible and thums down to you until you get below -100, because that's unfair and cruel!
that's why i think the karma system should be scrapped!
what do we gain from it?
nothing!

2011-01-07 20:32:02

Hi Robla,
Yes, I agree with you on that point. The carma system should go. Its just some people in the blind community are so immature that they even bother to voat down people just because their spelling isn't good. How ever, not to be mean to you, your punctuation isn't perfect, nor mine, I just except it and leave it just as it is, I don't do thumbs down.

Thumbs up −1

2011-01-07 21:37:25

I would never have expected the karma system which seemed to be a nice feature at first to turn out into such rubbish because of missuse, or abuse. In this community, it only seems to create exactly the same kind of crap we can see on social networks and other generic discussion places nowadays. Just my thoughts.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

Thumbs up

2011-01-08 09:52:24

Moderation!

Please stop the attacking people, it's really not nice. for the karma system, it's simply public opinion nothing more. I freely admit Conner is one of the people I've thumbs downed myself, but not for his English, only for when he complained about paying for audio games, and I've only done it twice. The karma decisions of people should be private and not open to public insult.

also, remember there is actually no general effect Karma has, we're not going to ban people simply because they have a big negative karma, nor will they be stopped from advancing.

Myself, I simply view it as an extra bit of fun and a way for people to show their opinion anonymously nothing more.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-01-08 12:53:08

that's where i dissagree with you dark!
karma does have an effect, connah might think, gosh, their thumbing me down all the time, and not bother posting any more.
he's got -101 karma, that means everyones thumbing him down, or people are constantly doing it, and i can safely say 50 people didn't do it for complaining about  paying for audio games!
i can imagine that he may get low moralle because of this, and its just a way to bully IMO!

2011-01-08 15:47:19

hi,
muhammed deniz, (including his followers), stop being so rude at once
the way you've written it,

yes i admit that a lot of people thumbs down his posts not because of his english spelling,
but almost half of his posts are senseless.
by the way, have you read all his posts? if you've not, just do it now!
just. now!

and i don't mean to be so rude and harsh, i apologize for the last post

if you want to know the reason behind it, please have a look at his posts rather.
neutral
regards,
sid.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

Thumbs up

2011-01-08 16:23:16

Don't talk to us as though we are an army trying to build up followers to take you down. Please don't post any messages if you are trying to be rude to people. Dark, I want the carma system to go! We think it should be scrapped!  Sid and your followers, I don't know how many followers you have in stor, please stop thumbing down his posts.

Thumbs up −1

2011-01-08 16:32:31

ok sid, that was just a silly post!
we're just expressing our opinions

2011-01-08 16:34:15

Robla, have to agree with you. Every one has a right to have an opinion, everyone could discuss their opinions.

Thumbs up −2

2011-01-08 16:42:37

Moderation!

sid, Muhammed, robler, and anyone else. This is getting ridiculous. Fighting on the forums is bad enough, but fighting about an opinion of another member is even more so.

Karma is a way for you to show your opinion without hurting someone's feelings, this is down right unpleasant.

You are all getting a warning over this, ---- yes, you as well muhammed, the correct response if you have an issue with someone being rude is to report their post, or to contact myself or Cx2 privately via E-mail, not start a massive arguement.

This topic is being closed now, and I hope all of you will behave better in future!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)