2011-01-02 03:37:27

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering what is some good (preferably free) software that can be used to record out of your microphone and what you here at the same time?
or maybee this is something totaly different.
But what I am really asking is what is some good software for recording game reviews?
Allso, is there some type of microphone any of you would recomend?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-01-02 10:50:10

Hi,
Sound forge is good I think.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-01-02 19:47:29

Myself, i'd not advise software, at least I've never found any I liked.

I'd recommend getting a hardware recorder such as a rowland or olympus, and then just using your external speakers, that's what I've done for mine.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-01-02 20:35:32

ok thanks Dark and Burak for your help.
Thanks again,

Daniel

2011-01-02 20:48:16

dark,
that probably works. problems start though when you want to review q9 or some other game requiring  stereo.
A free program to record? audacity or wavepad. as for recording your voice and the pc sound you may have to use an audio repeater to put your voice through your soundcard so then stereo mix can  pick it up.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2011-01-02 23:19:28

Well, Q9 I can just about manage on external speakers but I do take your point, something like shades or sarah would be very difficult.

If I could find a way to have my voice actually come out of the computer at the same time as the sound, i could just plug my r09 into the headphone sockit with a wire and use headphones to play the game, but i've yet to find a workable way to do this.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-01-02 23:28:40

What i do is this:
1. change default playback device to virtual audio cable. This allows audio to be pushed into your software from sound card. I'm not sure where to get it. It costs $20.
2. Set up an audio repeater to go from virtual audio cable to your speakers or headphones. That way you can hear stuff. Set the delay time from 500 to something like 200. It's the lowest number you can set it to. The lower the number, the less lag time you have. at 200 you have 200 ms of lag.
3. Set up another audio repeater to go from your microphone back into virtual audio cable. This also results in you hearing yourself as you are talking, but that shouldn't bee too bad.
4. Now, make sure your recording software is set to record to virtual audio cable. You can talk and play at the same time. The only bad thing is the lag, and I have to admit that with fast action games this can be somewhat of a problem, but not much in my opinion.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-01-03 00:38:38 (edited by daniel 2011-01-03 02:40:55)

Ok thanksall!
If I may ask, how do I record in wavpad?
Thanks again,

Daniel
Allso, how do I set up an audio repeter?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-01-03 05:45:45

first of all hapy holy days that have finished... I discobered a metod but is... well i think that isn't the correct.
First of all you need to use windows vista or seven i believe
These operating sistems has a feature. The ability to listen watever dispositive or hardware. So, i was exploring what are the things that i can do with it, and...
I went to the start menu, and then in control panel. Then i went to hardware and sound. On this i set my recording hardware to stereo mix, and enabled the microfone to listen it. So i started recording, and it works! i was talking and playing at the same time. But i don't know, maybe is more easy or isn't the correct thing.

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2011-01-03 08:04:37

Wavepad, you press f5 to record. In wavepad's record control window, you can select from different audio devices, including stereo mix (most of the time, anyway). I haven't figured out how to record voice and output at the same time, though. sad

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-01-03 15:14:00

ok thanks all!
Just a quick question about recording again...
What button do I press to begin recording or do I just press enter?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-01-03 17:09:14

If you have a file open, it will start recording as soon as you press f5, and stop when you press escape.
If you don't already have a file open, it will open a new one and ask you for sample rate and channels before it starts.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-01-03 23:18:11

ok thanks.
is there a way to record a thing over a nother without erasing?
Like for example if you were going to use music and record voice over it or something.
Also,
How do you select multiple tracks from A CD?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-01-04 01:55:30

sorry I could not get voice to record.
do I have to click on an ok button or something?
are you maybee talking about an older virtion?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-01-04 07:43:00 (edited by CAE_Jones 2011-01-04 07:59:08)

To record your voice, you have to have the input device set to something like microphone, and have to have a microphone plugged in and active and such. If you've changed the input device to stereo mix or wave out mix, it will only record the sound coming from the speakers. It's possible that you have something muted or the microphone volume is too low... but I wouldn't know how to check that.

Recording without replacing what's there is a problem I have, too. I think it can be done if you make sure that the recording isn't selected before you try to record again. (Use ctrl + G to change what's selected).

[edit] Oh, if you mean to record things on top of each other... the only way I know to do that would be to record them separately and mix them. If the timing is difficult, I'd suggest listening to the first with headphones while recording the second. I've done it with different instruments myself... but I'm not great at rhythm, so it's turned out somewhat messy.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-01-04 09:51:39

hi,
I can chooseing to stereo mix on the program like record pad, but I can't chooseing my stereo mix on  xp's settings.  Can I fix it?

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-01-04 10:14:01

I've only ever changed the input device inside a program like wavepad... I don't know if it can be done another way (such as the control panel).

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-01-04 12:58:53

hi,
But it is possable in some machines. Such as in my netbook. But I am using my netbook for my homeworks or like that.

2011-01-04 17:42:10

or, you could use a mixer!