2006-03-19 00:51:44

Well, if anyone's interested in a site with some little games, you might want to check out:
http://www.dragonslayergames.co.nr
or
http://h1.ripway.com/dragonslayer
We have some online games and some downloadable material. We have a comunity for the gamers. We may be releasing some open source in the future, so stay alert!

2006-03-19 17:19:49 (edited by dark empathy 2006-03-19 17:52:22)

Well Sk8kid, I seem to remember you saying something about some game developement, I'm glad that some of it's got done.
i'll try the short battle game soon, but I do have a couple of questions reguarding the online games, particularly Path of doom.

The sequence of steps you have to follow, is it totally random or not.
I memorized a combination that got me to level 16, but now that combination doesn't seem to be working, and sometimes I even fail at the first step.

what's going on?

the interface isn't bad, but perhaps a bit more complexity in the game would be fun as well.

I'll let you know what i think of the combat game soon.

Okay, it's soon, I've just been and played Medaeval Battle. The sound in the game is rather nice ---- I especially like the mighty bellow when you hit a dragon, even though it's a litle distorted, and those dark knights obviously wear verry heavy armour for it to give such a resounding clang!!!!

My only minor cryticism of the game is that it's a litle easy, I finished it with not much trouble on my first try, but I realize it's based on chopper Patrol (which i haven't played), and so you might not be the one responsable for the difficulty.

I'm very much looking forward to Dragon slayer, as I've said before, I'm absolutely desperate to see a real Audio Rpg. You can be certain I'll be keeping a close eye on the site hence forth.

Btw, now you've started in game development, why don't you get your site added to the lists both here, and at Pcs games?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-19 21:06:58

i tried to get on the website using the above links but all it says is:
"Ripway.com - fast, free file hosting and website hosting
Ripway Web Hosting
User Account Exceeded Bandwidth
This user account has exceeded their daily bandwidth limit. If this is your account,
you might consider upgrading to a premium plan, or reduce the number or size of files
you're sharing online. As soon as the total downloads from this account over a 24
hour period drops below the accounts limit, downloads will be restored.
All artwork, content, and programming, with the exception of content uploaded by"

but this is all news to me, i don't share any files online, so what's gone wrong
thx

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-03-20 00:10:52 (edited by dark empathy 2006-03-20 00:14:38)

this is extremely strange, good luck with sorting the trouble out Sk8kid.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-20 03:19:58

No, nothing strange. I'm such a cheapo. I should really pay for some more space. My topspeed stuff doesn't help. It gets downloaded a lot.
For Path Of Doom, I know. I should really update it. I am probably going to make a second game where the story line will be continued and actually told. Suprises...
Midievil battle was the first release. It is really kinda newbish, but I like the sounds. I may update that as well.
Dragon slayer needs to be redone, but that is sort of positive because I know how to make it good. The first try really sucked.

2006-03-20 10:27:21

I don't know a lot about such things, but maybe if your strapped for space, your top speed 2 stuff could go here on Audiogames? You'd stil get the creddit, and would have the space free for more games.

Path of doom deffinately does need some story, so I'm glad your considdering that. Medeval battle is okay, but it does need a bit more to it Imho.

good luck with Dragonslayer.

2006-03-21 01:52:25 (edited by sk8kid1 2006-03-21 01:53:19)

I have the story. I just haven't released it... Whahahahahahaha.
Good idea, I should talk to Richard about hosting.
Also, DSG may be looking for beta testers.

2006-03-21 09:28:42

aha, well, if you need beta testors, i have been one in the past for two different companies, so i'm experienced, and dragon slayer sounds like my kinda thing, medeivel, rpg, it's a marraige of my two favorite types of games.
if you want to take me up on this, send me an e-mail to
[email protected].
best regards

2006-03-21 15:23:52

Thank  you archer, I'll keep you in mind when the time comes around. The beta testers for most of the online games will probably be giving mostly suggestions because it's not too hard to find the bugs so I usually do it.

2006-03-21 15:57:41

I would also like to be a Beta tester, if you need one.
I can't boast any previous experience, but on the pluss side I've played a lot of online and tabletop Rpg's (my brother is a national gm), and I know a fare amount about main stream rpg's as well (through sitting and watching others play them).
I'm willing to do almost anything to try and get an at least half way decent audio Rpg developed ---- online games are also fun though.

Send me a mail on [email protected] if you think I could be vaguely useful.

2006-03-21 17:47:55

You could be very useful. Your insight is great. All your posts are, well, full of knowledge.

2006-03-22 08:28:38

Thanks, I aim to please.

2006-03-22 15:16:22

Dragon Slayer will not be releasing any games for a while because I'm goin on Spring Break! However, I have many games in mind...

2006-03-22 15:55:25

sk8kid
will i be able to access your website now?
or will i still get that message,
i'm dying to play on path of doom, but i can't unless that problem goes away.
thx
archer

2006-03-24 23:37:29

Have a good time on your holidays Sk8kid, see you ----- and hopefully some of your game ideas, soon.

archer, the Dragonslayer website is up and seems to be running fine ---- including path of doom, have a nice drop (though I'm very much looking forward to the version with story).

2006-03-26 23:25:44

I'm back for a day and decided to post.
Archer, it's usually up. Just depends on how many people download. Just try it every once in a while. This is a huge problem I want to fix.