2010-12-28 12:59:09

hello all!
i recently launched a new
forum
and am using pun bb to administrate it!
problem is, i'm not quite sure how to do  certain things,
well, one thing,
how do i bann  people, or remove them?
i'm getting a bit of spam and need to deal with it!
much apriciated!

2010-12-28 15:53:45

If it works the same way as this forum, you'll find those things in the "administration" section.

There is a list saying bans where you can add the username to ban, then hitting "ban" will give you more options such as setting an expirey date for the ban.

As to removing, to do that you need to use the search members feature in admin, find the account and remove it.

i'd recommend using ban instead of remove for spambots though, sinse banning them also banns their ip and e-mail address, meaning they can't register again with the same details.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-12-28 16:39:04

thanks dark!

2010-12-28 20:10:01

Your welcome.

As a rather random fact, removing accounts is something only the administrator of the board, and not moderators can do, but it's not actually something which needs doing much at all.

I only found out recently that I as a moderator couldn't remove accounts because Sander and I were creating test account to see why the forum wasn't sending subscription E-mails to people.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)