2010-11-21 13:01:43

robla you have done a great job posting that audio descriptions on your website.

i have some questions for you because i am a beginer in movies with audio descriptions.
do i need to have the movies them selves not only the description?
and do i need to play both the description and the movie simultaneous?
and the most important. if i have the subtitle to the movie in my language can i listen it? it didn't intercept with the description? because i have v player and i put jaws to read my subtitles. and i would like to have also audio description in english and to listen the subtitle in romanian. can i do this?

thanks a lot..

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2010-11-21 13:45:31

Hello, Nin,

Most of the movies with audio description that are in some web sites are in audio format, such as MPEG Layer-3 or OGG. Therefore, you can listen to them, but you cannot watch them. In other words, you cannot load any subtitle with most of the audio descriptive movies.

I know that some audio formats support syncronised lyrics, but I am afraid that there is no way to get advantage of that feature.

By the way, you can find lots of movies that have audio description at Blind Mice Movie Vault.

Hope this helps.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2010-11-21 14:45:14

very true,
and that's the case with my website, audio-only!

2010-11-25 20:49:59

i found an accessible method to play the moovies with subtitles. if some one is interested i can tell it here. do you know other web sites with moovies with audio description?

Stephen King

2010-11-26 01:30:37

yes.
http://www.blindmicemart.com
and a mailing list, called blind movie buff!

2010-11-26 07:01:04

Ooo yes! I'm curious as to  how Jaws can read Subtitles

2010-11-26 12:06:23

well nin, sure, why not. could be something to mess with. although I do understand english I could just play around with that sometimes.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2010-11-26 14:38:41

Yeah that'd be cool.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2010-11-27 12:14:09

for jaws to read subtitles you need to download vplayer a free player for moovies and to press ctrl p for preferences and put subtitles tipe if i remember correctly put solid background. you open the movie with ctrl o and the subtitle with ctrl shift o. to play the audio described movies with subtitle i download the version with vidio of the film because the film hasn't been modified. the descriptions are in the pauses between speech. i sincronise v player and winamp, and i give the volume of v player to mute, so jaws reads only the subtitle and the sound comes from winamp.

i hope that you understood my english.

Stephen King

2010-12-01 12:22:33

robla where did you get that moovies with the ogg format? because on the blind micemart there are only mp3 from which i have seen.

Stephen King

2010-12-03 19:31:06

where can i subscribe to blind movie buff? because i am realy interested in that mailing list.

Stephen King

2010-12-04 07:00:39

I tryed to search for it on google,but couldn't find it.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2010-12-18 08:53:22

hei robla i can find many interesting movies on your web site but i ca´n't find only the movies that begin with number and the movies that begin with a. can i see the others also?

Stephen King