2018-10-18 00:15:54

Hi, Phoenix here. I cannot for the life of me figure out where I need to find Wanda's missing ring. Where should I look for it? Thank you!

Phoenix

2018-10-18 02:01:59

I don't want to give out spoilers but there are some hints people have given out on this topic already. but if you read the first post rocky made in this off topic thread there's rather a large clue.

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=26059

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-18 11:28:35

getting better and better at this game, made it all the way to day 41, finally had my first encounter with the dragon.....I'm thinking back on exactly what was the turning point in my civilization, what went wrong....things were going so ddamn good, had food, gold, good number of peasants, damn I made a couple wrong decisions and boom things changed so quick.....welp time to learn from my mistakes and dive back in, see yall in the next few hours lol

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-10-19 16:38:18

so I finally finished the game on day70....once I got the hang of things, it was pretty much smoov sailing from there. once again very good game, hope to see updates to the game in the near future

2018-10-20 04:07:49 (edited by SirBadger 2018-10-20 04:08:39)

@129 well done. 70 days isn't bad. on average I can do it in 60 but I've been with it from the ground up. you haven't exactly finished though, that's just one dragon. there are 5 different kinds. fun is starting over and beating all 5 of them.

2018-10-20 06:48:12

Beat the game on stressful difficulty today... black dragon and about 130 days because the damn thing kept burning the church. I honestly sometimes wonder if the favor requirement shouldn't be lowered a bit, like 800-900. That, and outlaws and wolves regenerate like 40 at a time, so if your luck is bad, well...

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-10-20 07:34:14

wow 130 days on stressful? that's impressive. well done.

2018-10-20 08:01:08

o there's 5dragons??? wow......I think we should have been forced to fight all of them before the message comes up that we have completed the game

2018-10-20 09:09:39

well every time you start a new game it picks one so there are 5 kinds you can face. but you never know which one it will be until it turns up. hope that makes sence.

2018-10-20 15:27:21

ahhh didn't even realize that......well I plan to play it on the difficulty above interesting, so lets see what dragon I get.....has the dev talked about any updates to the game??? he really has something special on his hands

2018-10-20 22:23:51

Dragon Village 1.3, a small update, is now on my website.  It has a bug fix where the player could previously  wipe a saved game by accidentally double launching the game.  It also has some shortened game messages as suggested for several of those upgrades.  Ran out of time today, otherwise I may have rejigged the merchant menu after a purchase has been made. 
smoothgunner, thanks for all the positive feedback, this game took me 4 months of hard work to write, so I probably have to move on from it.  The good news though is that I would like to make a game with a much, much bigger map.  Not sure yet whether to go with building stuff, or with RPG as the main theme.  It will definitely be less strategy though, as DV ended up mostly strategy.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2018-10-20 22:33:49

BlindNinja well done indeed.  Yeah I think I overcooked stressful a bit, I got killed on day 88 by the black dragon burning everything food related.  I spent a lot of time trying to get the balance right for each dragon and each difficulty level, eventually I had to publish and be damned, smiles. I do agree 800 or 900 would balance the black dragon a bit better, I will put this in the next small update if another little bug surfaces.

2018-10-21 00:04:38

I like the idea of beating all five Dragons before the game is finished as well. Maybe this could be made as an optional game mode where the game continues untill all dragons are dead. The game would be much longer and so everyone can choose wich variant he or she wants to play.

2018-10-21 04:32:41

Welp, beat my last score by 8 days... got a silver dragon this time. Would've been more if I didn't get 2 flood days back to back and the dike was broken both times despite me having 10 workers on it both days, then the dragon ate all my food and cost me like 40 people, which on stressful is quite a few. lol

2018-10-21 04:37:19

@139 you kick ass. seriously. although I find the black dragon harder than the silver.

2018-10-21 05:03:55

Oh of course, that was never in question. lol The silver isn't so bad if you actually have a decent food stock.
I may have found a bug though, not sure what causes it but during my last game, my wheat upgrade disappeared like twice, both times it was the 60 gold one, and I could rebuy it but the previous attempts were still in the list of what I'd upgraded, so not sure what's up with that.

2018-10-21 05:10:07 (edited by SirBadger 2018-10-21 05:10:59)

I haven't noticed that. i'll have to try to replicate it.

2018-10-21 12:32:24

Thank you BlindNinja, nicely described,got that bug.  It was the wheat2Bonus being a global, but being called wheat2bonus with a small b, during a game save, hence you would lose your upgrade.  As this is a small bug , I will wait a week or 2, to see if anything else surfaces, and I'll put it in DV1.4.  cheers.

2018-10-26 18:05:19

I have noticed a bug
There isn't any informations about farming food in the day events.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-10-27 15:13:21

Thankyou Giovani, I must have broken that while tidying up the upgrade messages, I will put the fix in and release DV1.4 over the weekend.  Cheers.

2018-10-28 06:51:07

I wish plague and madness wouldn't always happen together... And maybe you'd get some better hints about where to find the toad, ring, and goat, it's not that intuitive.
I finished the game though and it was pretty great!
Oh and I also noticed, and it may have been mentioned already, if you start a new game and you look at the merchant, than the bought status of various upgrades carries over from the last game, at least in text, but you can still buy it just fine.
Also the millstone was supposed to be 30? but I think it's 40.
I wish the upgrades had a description of what they did in the menu, like they do after the fact, so you know what your paying for.
I also wish that their was no 10 enemy increase event in relaxed mode, and that you couldn't get so much drought at once, maybe lower prices for things as well?

2018-10-28 14:05:33

Defender, you're right, its not so intuitive.  But if people look everywhere, they will find everthing, its not actually an easy game.  About the menu, are you on DV1.3? I did put a fix in for that merchant menu bug.

2018-10-28 14:53:46

Yep, I am now on 1.3 and it's fixed, thanks!
Here are some more observations, I've now beat the game on challenging, and I love how the quest order, visitor order, and dragon types are randomized between games, it really adds some replayability.

The currently playing music track changes when you start a new day instead of staying where you set it.
The game says villages instead of villagers for any of the cottage reports
I suggest smaller potential attack force sizes for relaxing mode.
Rain is supposed to be "dodgy" for crops, but it never seems to effect them badly.
Metalware goods appearing in the church seems to be pretty common considering how valuable they are.
The minimum fish catch is insanely low, either that or the maximum is insanely high LOL.
It'd be nice if you could buy gems from the merchant for like 100 gold to speed things up when your collecting for the red dragon, or maybe you could buy them off wanda and the oracle, a color from each, that'd be neat...
Their is a spelling error in the wanda's cure plague status. It says "some folks had (mushrrom) soup".

I realized that getting rid of the entire new wolves/new outlaws system for relaxing mode entirely would be a bit much, so instead I suggest just reducing the potential numbers.
And, as a suggestion that I know isn't super easy but could add even more to the game, I think it'd be cool if the quest items could be found in multiple locations instead of just the same one every time.
Spoilers!
E.G. The toad could be found in the flooded fields, but also in the river or hopping around the dike sometimes, with hints that follow that.
Or, the staff could be found in the woods near Wanda's house, in her house it's self with some amusing dialog, in the market place, in the store, or maybe in the Oracle's house with an amusing suggestion about how it got there... wink
Maybe the goat could be found on either the east or west road, or wandering around in the fields grazing.
Just stuff like that.
End spoilers!
I think it would be cool if their were also some production quests, like give her some food or some wood or something...

Oh and, weird question, but how much is a decent meal where you live, like if you go out to eat, like here where I live, a cheese burger and fries and a drink at a mid tier restaurant is gonna cost like 12 CAD.
Just wondering how much I should donate when I get my cash, as I want to show my appreciation for this game.

2018-10-28 14:56:47

Dragon Village 1.4 is up on my website.  It has bug fixes for the weather resistant wheat upgrade and for the farm messages that I broke in DV1.3.  I also checked the merchant menu and that little fix is working fine.  I'm still searching for cheese that goes missing, reckon my fridge is bugged.  Wondering what to do next, now I have some spare time.

2018-10-28 17:51:44

@Rocky Water!

Maybe my understanding of the english language is not sufficient enough, but I really can't get out any clue in the "cheese-Thread" that helped me to find out where both toad and ring are hidden. You stated in one of your last Posts that these things can be easily found by looking everywhere. For me this is absolutely not true. I have placed the Maximum amount of workers in EVERY place, but nothing happened so far.

Apart from that, its really a funny game. Thanks for it.

Kind regards from Daniel.

-------------

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
If you shake my hand better count your fingers  (Megadeth)