2018-10-12 17:18:05

I'm glad this is still a thing, but you know, if someone were to buy komplete kontrol 11 and a mac with Logic, they could use Addictive Drums with speech because it has NKS support.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-10-12 18:32:22

Has this been tested?  If so, where can I find a demo?

It's nice to knwo it works and there's a workabout for Mac users, but the project here is focusing on Windows. and SIBIAC will also implement many other functions and features as well.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-12 23:55:14

Komplete Kontrol S series keyboards and speech work on windows as well, so this would also be an option. And the DAW doesn't really matter, in any case.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-10-13 00:37:52

so if I want to try and use these, do I get ReaCWP? I'm slightly confused on what to download.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-10-13 00:40:52

REA-CWP is an addon that allows Reaper to open Cakewalk Sonar projects.      You'd just download and install SIBIAC.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-13 04:05:09

I can't seem to find SIBIAC but I'll look again

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-10-13 04:44:52

ANd on a related note, Addictive Drums 2 is not NKS supported.  I looked and couldn't find anything anywhere, and even was visible on some purchasers homepages that NKS was not supported with AD2, but no matter.

Look on azslow.com under the Accessibility category forums for SIBIAC. it should be there, but not sure if it's a public thread or not.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-13 14:17:07

I also have not noticed NKS announcement from XLN. Note that is case some user just added it to the list, NKS will be unable to do anything useful. That should be done properly by XLN. Even in case they do, I doubt they add presets tuning. They use complicated hierarchical graphics for that, not so easy map that to several knobs in NKS. Sibiac give access to that part, except EQ tuning and FX sections.
In particular: you can select kit peaces, route all mics, modify all parameters of kitpieces (response, pitch, pitch envelope, volume envelope),   route to sends and inserts, partially control sends and inserts (at least switch on/off processing modules). Mixing parameters are already available throw REAPER UI.
Link to the page: http://www.azslow.com/index.php?topic=372.0
Everything is open and open source (NVDA is GPL).

With one developer (me) and one user (Gerard) it is obviously rather hard to drive such project. Please do not expect pro-grade quality and fluent integration with NVDA. But everyone is welcome to help us, with ideas and suggestions. Especially welcome are NVDA and/or other accessibility systems programmers. I still have to find proper way to implement the idea and without deep  experience in the topic, without even simple "yes man, that is a good idea", it probably will never happened.

I want to repeat what I write on my site: ANY program can be accessible, even in case it is an image initially. But strait OCR can not do the trick. Huge work is required to implement that, even in case a sighted person will prepare required accessibility overlay. Gigantic work is required to automate the process.  Auto industry works in that direction for years, how do you think self driving autos can recognize roads, sights, other autos and people? But they invest money into that and have pro personal for the development. All accessibility software is just begging for special support in programs and I think that such approach is hopeless. Majority wants fancy graphics and the software industry delivers it, that is the reality and fighting with that is not going to work. Adopting to that can work.

2018-10-13 16:26:18

There you go guys.  It'd be nice to take what we have to the next level, for sure.    My videos are mostly for testing and as a demonstration, which now you can   download and try for yourself.  Hopefully you guys  will be willing to help, and remember, AZSlow is the only programmer here, so it may take a while to develop some new things.  He has many other projects he works on all at once, so  even I have to learn to be patient.

#UltraLeetJ, you can add this to the Reaper Access, so that way maybe someone out there can see it and  hop on board with us.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-15 11:08:58

So how to actually use this?
I installed the NVDA Addon and opened up the AD2 plugin in seperate plugin process mode in reaper but nothing was changed.
According to the addon help I should use "tab" and such but... nothing as of yet.
Could someone clarify a bit?

2018-10-15 14:06:49

you don't open it in separate plugin process, you just simply float the window.  I made a video showing how to do all this.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3jaJVWrYMw

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-15 18:15:31

With the latest uploaded version 0.14, it should work more natural. Floating the window is no longer required, focus and tab should work smoother.
Please note that we have tested in the following environment only: Windows10, 1920x1080 with 100% magnification (that influence the picture of plug-ins, note that AD2 does not fit into 1024x768) and NVDA. Windows and NVDA are strict requirements, Sibiac will not work under OSX. We also use the latest NVDA and the latest REAPER.

In case it does not work, I can check remotely. We use Skype/TeamViewer but I can install other software if required.

2018-10-15 20:27:17

ON that note, I want to ask any jaws user what is the native resolution for Jaws in this day and age.  Also if there's a WIndows 7 user who wants to test this, be my guest.

BTW What is being meant here is that  windows is working with SIBIAC at 1080p in default mode, no additional imaging required to make it happen. but I want to test something now that this was mentioned.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-15 20:37:11

I just tested in 1280x768 and 1024x768 and AD2 worked  in WIndows 10 with SIBIAC.  I didn't test everything but I was able to do a lot of the controlling. so I would have to say  that  since it loads, that's nice, but use at your own risk, just like with anything, since  I cannot guarantee that it will be   100% functioning .

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-16 07:52:16

I've got windows 10 64bit with the latest updates with the 1920x1080 resolution (Dunnow about that magnification part).
I open up the AD2 in the reaper itself but SIBIAC doesn't do well as shown in the demonstration video.
In particular:
-gives utter rubbish as text smile (I noticed that in the video it is fairly accurate).
-Doesn't detect the status of the play button (but I am able to use that).
-Doesn't detect tabs and their contents. I mean when press left or right arrow on the tab section, the screen changes but the plugin can't detect the tabs and kit pieces and such.
-Not able to use the menu button. Don't know if it opens the menu or not but it is not obvious.
-Lastly, Preset browser is totally unusable.
In short, I'm able to change presets with up and down arrow and play and stop.
I haven't tested on white's laptop (I'm black by the way big_smile ). I should test there and see how it works there.
Allow me to also thank you for this masterpiece.
Even if I'm only able to change presets with the up and down arrow (and change the mix through the "P" key in reaper) it is still a huge improovment to what I've been using before.

2018-10-16 13:27:34

That can be scaling problem. Magnification factor is the first in the display settings. It is labeled as "Scale and layout, change the size of text, apps and other items". It should be set to "100%".

2018-10-16 16:27:33

It's wroth noting that 100% is the default setting for this, and it doesn't seem like magnifier is being effective i the use of this application. but I just did a quick test.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-17 06:50:35

Just curious, how much does AD 2 actually cost?

2018-10-17 12:30:49

For thous who got strange feedback in attempt to use Sibiac:
Sibiac is a screen based tool. The interface of the program in question should fit into the screen, image information can not be parsed and mouse clicking miss the point otherwise.
In the REAPER preferences, section "Plug-ins", make sure the following options are set:
* Automatically resize FX window Up and Down
* Auto-position new floating FX windows
* Auto-position new FX chain windows

If that options was not set before or you have problems with Sibiac, maximize FX chain and floating FX windows using WinKey+Up arrow. REAPER remembers the position and size, you will need to do this only one per track/plug-in instance. Also maximize REAPER itself with WinKey+Up arrow, that will position new windows better. REAPER remembers own position between restarts.

In case the resolution of your monitor is lower then 1920x1080, some plug-ins will have hard time to fit. Addictive Drums is one of them, it was designed for big monitors only.
It is still can be possible to work with lower resolutions. Make Windows task bar auto hiding. Control such plug-in from floating Window (not from FX chain), after explicit maximizing every time.

2018-10-17 12:47:30

assault_freak wrote:

Just curious, how much does AD 2 actually cost?

Initial price is around $150 for 3 AddPacks, around $300 for 6 and around $700 for the complete collection. Note that once you have the first bundle, you can not buy extra packs in bundles on XLN site. Only single AddPacks for around $80 each.

XLN periodically has sales, down to 50% on everything.

Discounter shops, for example https://www.jrrshop.com , usually follows sales, with some extra reduced price. It is possible to buy extra bundles in this case (at least it was).

In case you want to know the best prices for any music software, historical and up to date, visit http://forum.cakewalk.com/Deals-f85.aspx or search that site with Google. Larry will keep you informed wink

2018-10-17 17:32:28

Whew that's expensive! I like what I hear though.. Native Instrument's Abby Road collection is about $500 for all the individual instruments.

2018-10-17 18:30:29 (edited by black and white 2018-10-17 18:40:16)

Thanks!
My Windows 10 had decided I'd be better off with 125% of magnification level neutral As soon as I set it to 100% it is working flawlessly! smile smile smile
Thanks for the great work you've done on this.

azslow3 wrote:

For thous who got strange feedback in attempt to use Sibiac:
Sibiac is a screen based tool. The interface of the program in question should fit into the screen, image information can not be parsed and mouse clicking miss the point otherwise.
In the REAPER preferences, section "Plug-ins", make sure the following options are set:
* Automatically resize FX window Up and Down
* Auto-position new floating FX windows
* Auto-position new FX chain windows

If that options was not set before or you have problems with Sibiac, maximize FX chain and floating FX windows using WinKey+Up arrow. REAPER remembers the position and size, you will need to do this only one per track/plug-in instance. Also maximize REAPER itself with WinKey+Up arrow, that will position new windows better. REAPER remembers own position between restarts.

In case the resolution of your monitor is lower then 1920x1080, some plug-ins will have hard time to fit. Addictive Drums is one of them, it was designed for big monitors only.
It is still can be possible to work with lower resolutions. Make Windows task bar auto hiding. Control such plug-in from floating Window (not from FX chain), after explicit maximizing every time.

Thanks for this also I was gonna ask 'bout this just now!
white's laptop (white is my brother) was behaving weerdly with SIBIAC which was fixed by floating and maximizing the fx window. 'cause that laptop has got a lower resolution.

2018-10-17 20:34:04

assault_freak wrote:

Whew that's expensive! I like what I hear though.. Native Instrument's Abby Road collection is about $500 for all the individual instruments.

I heard samples of the Abbey Roads drums and have to admit they sound alright, and I'm sure there are plenty of presets and pre-defined kits, but I feel like I get  better sounds out of the AD2 library.    Plus I believe there's much more for them to offer.  the complete package has 32 kit expansions and 15 additional kit piece expansions.  and believe me they are every bit amazing.
https://www.xlnaudio.com/products/addic … collection

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-17 21:06:13

Well I suppose it's a matter of taste. All the NI stuff would have everything for the three or four genres I play. All the instruments total 10 kits plus mic settings and configurations create more than I would personally need. AD2 seems like a little overkill with the complete collection. lol But I think again, that's a matter of preference.

2018-10-17 21:22:20

True.  Hopefully you can do what you need with the   Kontrol board.  I listened to some demos and will eventually get one myself hopefully before the end of th eyear, but I just feel like there's more for AD2 to offer me since i play pretty much whatever I can get my hands on haha.

That vintage dry kit that I used for your recording was a very nice expansion, I think.  It sounded nearly identical to what was used in the original audio.  I was actually kinda surprised I could find that in a preset right off the bat.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel