2018-10-15 16:35:04

Hey Guys,

Although this thread was originally just gonna be an "offshoot" of this sapi 5 voices thread that seems to be popular, I might as well talk about the voices which Serotek's got, which you can't "easily" get anywhere else.

Starting off with the page for

Serotek Voices

These aren't  sapi of course, though Serotek is the only place where you now can officially  get many of the "classic" ones for 25 USD. Such as
1. Ivonna Erik, Jenifer and Kendra.
2. Real Speak Jill and Jennifer.
3.  Eloquents 

The above list was only a sample of how many voices there are, plenty of others ya can see when visiting the "My Account" section of Seero.

Since Neo Speech voices were mentioned in that other thread,
ya can get Kate, Paul, and Julie still for 74 USD, from Sero themselves.

Now that the above is out of the way, what do yall think of the company in general, and its platform?

In case folks do not remember, you can get the "Accessibility Anywhere Package" from them for 21.99 USD and with Neo Speech voices alongside for 39.99 USD, both monthly pricing. (They do have "yearly" pricing too, if ya wish to go that route.)

Also, Sero is now a skill on the 'Alexa' platform, and you can get most of the sero content now for only 6 USD if you are deep in to the platform.

This thread is not meant for "bashing" the company nor their products. I simply want to know your thoughts about them over the years (even during the "Freedombox" days.

2018-10-16 07:10:54

I've been dipping in and out on occasion ever since they introduced their platform specific plans.

There's a few things on there that I don't like, but that's probably my preference more than anything else.

One of them is threads are sorted by creation rather than topics being posted to getting bumped up to the top like most places.

Sure you can subscribe to a forum, but one might not want to read every single thread in a particular forum, I certainly don't read each and every thread on these forums, I only read the ones that I find interesting.

The other is TV shows don't have a summary, at least they didn't the last time I looked, and that was about 3 months ago.

They also took their sweet time updating the content, in other words, you could easily access what you wanted on the blind mice movie vault before they got their act together, come to think of it, it looks like that's where they've been getting their movies and TV Shows lately.

The app on ios also hasn't been updated in about a year, and that update was to fix some bugs.

I think I've covered everything, I never tried the chat rooms, since they always seemed to be empty.

2018-10-16 13:15:25

No bashing on them right? Well, ok here we go. I personally think that they are slowly dieing as a platform. I have been dipping in and out myself sense about 2014, and listened to their podcast before then. There is not really much if any thing going on on their forms and or chat rooms. matter of fact, I would say that I use NVDA more then system access as a screen reader now days.  Of course JAWS v15 is my most used screenreader still. They still update somewhat when it comes to windows, but those are mainly bug fixes. I also find that I often am able to buy a new movie that I may want a lot sooner than I can listen on sero, and yes, it would be audio described the vary first day. The ready player one would be a good example in this case. Another example would be the last jedi. I may end the service in the next few years if not sooner. I am personally mixed about the service myself.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral