2018-03-23 02:07:30

that's where I got truevoice, by the way. also available is an installer that installs anna and lilly (the ladder being chinese) and another with the xp voices, all for windows10.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2018-03-23 03:06:28

Yeah, I found the Infovox pack with US English, I also found Mike and Mary SAPI 5.1 voices but if I recall correctly those voices only work with Windows XP, and finally I found a Windows 7 SAPI voices version 1.1, not sure what's in it but since I'm running Windows 7 I grabbed it.

I will wait until after I've done my weekly back up on Saturday before I try these out, so I have a way back should something go south.

Unfortunately, I suspect that I will not find a TTS synthesizer that I like as much as I like Eloquence, but as much as I like the product, I will not reinstall the Code Factory version, the gawd damned Themedia DRM causes too many problems with other software and I've had enough of the nonsense.

2018-03-23 03:53:29

I had three NeoSpeech voices on my hard drive. If I know their voices are abandon, I would be happy to share it.

2018-03-23 12:38:33

I will see what I can find out about them.

2018-03-23 17:22:46

does anyone have the voices jane, david and Deborah from real speak. they were among the first voices, along with jenifer (which I do have) to be nutralised after scansoft bought Speech Works, replaced by Tom and jill from Speechify (from which some of the current voices originated, including tom)

-id software, 1995

2018-03-24 00:30:44

Hi.
@Orko: The packages for Infovox are only for SAPI4 only, and they will not work with newer operating systems past Windows XP.
The Mike and Mary SAPI 5.1 packages are only for Windows XP, as you said. However, the packages called Win7_TTS_Voices_1.1 installs the Windows 7 voices under newer operating systems like Windows 10. This means that you'll get Microsoft Anna and Microsoft Lili in the list of SAPI5 voices. There is another package called WinXP TTS Voices, which installs the SAPI5 versions of Microsoft Sam, Mike, and Mary on newer operating systems past Windows XP. Both of these packages will add listing for the 32-bit and the 64-bit Text-to-speech options in Control Panel.

@ammericandad2005: I know which voices you're talking about. Those would be the RealSpeak voices that came with previous versions of OpenBook, which used a version of RealSpeak called RealSpeak PCMM. As for where you can even get them for SAPI, I have no idea.

2018-03-24 03:57:28

does anyone have the old infovox desctop that included the diphone based voices (larrie, rodger, jon)?

-id software, 1995

2018-03-24 12:46:16

@FamilyMario

Thanks for that, I won't mess with those then, but will go back and get the XP voices file.

2018-03-24 16:48:21 (edited by Chris 2018-03-24 16:49:39)

Hello,

I wonder how it's possible that those voices are able to function on Windows Vista and newer? I thought they used an incompatible version of SAPI. How are the voices 64 bit? I thought they only came in 32 bit editions. You can also get the LH Michael and Michelle voices for SAPI 5 from that page. Again, I'm not sure how those are working if they are installed standalone. I thought they required Microsoft Office 2003 or Microsoft Reader to be installed.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-03-24 18:34:33

@socheat

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, the Neospeech voices are still being sold.

http://www.neospeech.com/

2018-03-24 22:28:49

Hi.
@Chris: When you went to install Office 2003 or MSReader,'s TTS package, all it did was register some DLL files and add some registry keys where needed. So, Jake was able to find the DLL and registry keys and pack them into an installer.
As for MS Sam and the others, similar story here. As far as I was aware, there were three registry keys, MSSam.reg, MSMike.reg, and MSMary.reg, the latter two were installed if you went to install the Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 package, which you can still find on Microsoft's website.
So, long story short, the voices were mearly just registry keys and DLL files.

@Orko: Interesting that NeoSpeech is still selling their voices. Someone said that, according to an email, that they weren't selling them, but that could be just the fact that he mentioned TextAloud from NextUp, a commercial TTS conversion software. You used to be able to purchase NeoSpeech voices from NextUp's site, but last I checked, you cannot anymore.

2018-03-25 04:01:36

@Orco, thanks for your confirmation about the Neospeech voices being sold. I wasn't sure about it, though. Because like Family Mario said, I heard that their voices is not purchasable anymore last time.

2018-03-25 12:06:19

@socheat

I saw that, I think the original message way back when was probably something on the order of Next Up is no longer reselling Neospeech voices, and it got misinterpreted to Neospeech voices are no longer available for purchase.

Oh well, so it goes.

Onward and upward... oh, I meant sideways, so, onward and sideways.

2018-10-15 05:24:54

i can confirm that neospeech sells to private customers. i bought the swedish voice 1 year ago. but the voices are only 16k so stay away from them

2018-10-15 05:26:22

ava is a good TTS   you can install it in sapi

2018-10-15 05:39:42

yes you can install vocalizer ava sapi if you bought vocalizer from codefactory the windows version

2018-10-15 13:02:39

I think the microsoft voice you get with Win 10 is fine, but on my Win 7 PC, I'm using one of the AT&T voices.

2018-10-16 02:49:14

I personally hate the AT&T voices, the unit selection is rather shitty and the intonation is all fucked up. One voice I do rather like is VW James, neospeech, if you can still buy James from them I would definitely get it. This forum doesn't like cracks and such. I got it from a bt sync folder a while back, which came with the installer, a cracked dll, and an extra data folder that was bigger than the one the installer gave which gave it a bit more intonation. I'd imagine neospeech has updated it though so if you are willing to buy it, don't know what the price is, do that. It takes a sec to get started but can be relatively responsive after that, though because of the way SAPI works the longer the string the longer the delay. I wouldn't personally use it for games that aren't roleplay, but I don't do rp. I used it to read some articles. Not half bad. Like I said if you're willing to buy it from neospeech do that because I'm sure they have an even newer version of the data that makes it more pleasant.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-10-16 02:50:59 (edited by jack 2018-10-16 02:51:29)

Can you still even buy voices from Neospeech anyway? I thought they had gone to just serving businesses but I could be very wrong on that. The version I use has always come with Kurzweil trials.