hey mason, I just had a good idea! you have a timer in the server and after 55 minutes of running the server will notify, the server will restart in 5 minutes. then you have a timeed serverkiller, that destroys the server at 60 minutes, and then restarts it again. this means that even if it was destroyed, the serverkill program will still be able to restart it! good idea? thumb me up if it works. thanks, regards, and have a great day everyone! rory.

blindness is an ability. not a disability.

Thumbs up

that would get annoying if you were playing really long maps or building and it just nuked you.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

Thumbs up

yeah you'd still be on the map though. but that is true. also moving sound sources are an idea.

Thumbs up

So...get this. In short, one of the features in the SBYW game is the ability for people to voicechat in real-time or send tts messages. I guess because the developer of the game got tired of hearing tts messages which no one really complains about, he made it available to paid users. I was making jokes about how other items will be made paid and I wasn't happy about the entire thing anyway. Why should we have to pay $5 to have that ability. Whatever, right? So what does the dev do? He goes off and bans my account, all for saying things about how it was dumb to make the feature paid. Here's the log of today. If you would like more logs, let me know.
SBYW_player came online.
Version 3.3.0. Type /changes for what's new. Currently there are 10 paid accounts, thanks so much for the support! Message of the day: Due to constant spam and abuse of the voice chat and tts systems, I have disabled the voice chat system for free users. If I notice spam on the paid side, it will be disabled completely and eventually removed. Good day!
This connection sponsored by masonasons
Blanky McBlankerton came online.
neutron_foxbox came online.
ns came online.
monkey999 came online.
Blanky McBlankerton: 2 online. 2 here. SBYW_player (ivan20) at 4, 0, and Blanky McBlankerton (Patrick) at 0, 80,.
manny came online.
monkey999: rofl
KingCat came online.
nihan05 came online.
breakster came online.
monkey999: What is that server updater doing
Blanky McBlankerton: Updating the server?
oldren came online.
breakster: stop shutting down
manny: he's crazy
rodrigo came online.
abuelo-pphonográffico came online.
monkey999: Are that crash words or something
fireflamedragon came online.
acer came online.
Radionahyadj came online.
douglas came online.
Pm from Blanky McBlankerton (Patrick): <My IP is 75.87.178.49. I don't know why but IP is banned from your ttat my dads
zach came online.
evanator came online.
oldren committed suicide on random_platforms1
oldren is now trying the unofficial map newbright_city!
manny: just saying, but if this keeps up, the player base could drop
zach just took a 200 tile fall on jump_test, losing 4200 health!
zach has died on jump_test at 69, 0. 1 deaths so far.
abuelo-pphonográffico has died on building_of_doom at 201, 13. 1 deaths so far.
monkey999: keeps what up
zach is now trying the-mystery-of-the-cars!
pm to Patrick: unbanned
Version 3.3.0. Up for , 1 minute48 seconds. Total recorded uptime: , 4 days, 21 hours, 43 minutes15 seconds. Stats: Received: 408.92 KB. Sent: 2.31 MB. Total: 2.71 MB. Total archived usage: 2.34 GB. Peak: 23 players, on 10/13/2018 at 2:30:52 PM
breakster has finished stairzerdspart2 in 59 seconds, dying 0 times! They have finished 18 maps so far and have 234 total deaths!
Mason came online.
breakster: finally my map is finished
ns: manny: just saying, but if this keeps up, the player base could drop
Mason has changed their nickname to Snufflehog
Blanky McBlankerton: They should drop at least of Ararona Preston lovers
Blanky McBlankerton went offline.
SBYW_player: can you make spyglass only usable to paid users too?
SBYW_player (ivan20) has been banned!

Ivan

Thumbs up

People who are actually on the game and who play it regularly will get why that happened. If you wanna go off and assume because of this guy, be my guest. In short, I probably won't be back to this forum or this topic. Such a toxic waste of my time. Everything is negative here, nothing positive, why do i have to pay $5 for something a developer worked on for 2+ years, why do features I spam and abuse get disabled, wah wah wah.

Bye, it's been nice knowing ya!

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up

Sorry for double posting, but seriously guys. Why should we have to deal with a developer who keeps his server up every 2.5 minutes and then crashes and takes a week to boot it up. I guess if the dev has a bad day his players gotta deal with his anger, huh? Real nice bro

Ivan

Thumbs up

Really? What is the problem.
When SBYW is up, I can play it, come up with fun maps and play things.
When its down, I can go lay crazy party. Its annoying but that's all.
Maybe even a bgt app could moniter the status of the server and launch it if it dies.

First, here are my Tactical Battle scripts. https://www.dropbox.com/s/64iuyqnju9csv … h.zip?dl=1
Second, hmm I might put a website address or new game here if I ever make one.
Third...
Whaaaaaat! There is nothing here.

Thumbs up

I will get a paid account very happily. this is a great game, to support it, I will get a paid account. I don't even use voicechat, but onto the point. what is so bad about getting a paid account? it's not like you can't get coins on free accounts, you can. you can play freely. the game is still free, almost everything is free. I will happily get a paid account. now, branching away from paid accounts, I made a map recently on this, called ball catch. it is very fun. you have to catch the doors, avoiding the obstacles, and also trying to catch the boosters... well that is to say, if you dare. a booster could zoom you down to almost the finishpoint. or it could whoosh you right back up to the start! it's randomized by the way.

Thumbs up

Lol @306 that made me realize that we have to pay for a server which is unstable. Well, don't have to pay, but players do if they want the stuff they get. So yep. Agree with that.

signature? Ok here goes:
WOTD is experiencing bug fixes. To be released once they are squashed and spray lovely technology everywhere. Um, that made no sense.

Thumbs up

a new note. The version doesn't work because of the minimum version and version on top of the downloader on the updater, and the website. oops?

Thumbs up

311 (edited by seb2314 2018-10-14 17:27:20)

This is a pretty cool game. The problem I am having is definitely not about getting a paid account. It's about the fact that the server is not stable at the moment, so there's no way I would get a paid account due to this. However if things get stabilized then you can count me in. Take Swamp for example. Aprone decided not to make the game free due to people cheating, and his reasoning makes sense, however you hardly see a problem with his server. If it goes down it's mostly due to the weather. So if things get fixed I'm definitely going to support the project.

Thumbs up +1

I can't play SBYW on my computer running win 7, or on my other computer running win10.
The game will not launch, and my antivirus says that the game is a virus. how do I fix this??

Remi.

If anyone wants to add me on skype, it's remikh04

Thumbs up

I read the read me on how to build a map, but I actually do not know awht I'm doing. I want to let's say make a map of my house and submit it to the dev. Or not, anyway, is there a clearer read me I can just read for maing maps that is not in game?

Agreed about the server. Swamp's server is more stable than this one. This one is just about as stable as the titanic. Lol!

Anyway be blessed all and have a happy Sunday.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

Thumbs up

well you dont have to submit maps to the dev. you can type, /newmap mapname max_x defaulttile(a_platform_that_goes_across_the_whole_map_before_you_name_new_ones), and then you can go to the builder menu with key p. then, it will be easy enough.

Thumbs up

@309, not the point. my point is the developer acts childish and bans someone over an oppinion.

Ivan

Thumbs up

I like this game, you can create your own maps, walk around, this is just awesome! Hope the server will be up soon.

I’m half monkey, half human.
When in the forest, I grab everything that gets in my way, At school I watch videos or do something else,
It’s monkey business.
Business monkey’s here!

Thumbs up

Did someone say "Maps Guide?"

See this thread for a detailed walkthrough! I forgot who created that.

Thumbs up

@posts 307, 8, 14, 16, 17, you guys have made positive comments and contributions, but don't waste your time. The developer says (in the post below) that everything here is negative and he'll no longer be viewing the topic. So guys, since what you say about his game is such a toxic waste of time and he's sick of reading it, will you really hand over money?
See, Ivan showed proof of what happened on his side of the situation. Mason gave a vague defense of "oh, anyone playing knows what happened and why, but go ahead and assume. I'm done."
I don't care what Ivan or Mason's reputation for anything is.... I'm just looking at the facts presented and saying that the one side is more credible than the other. This type of public relations done by any developer or other public service person is just deplorable, and demonstrates prominent social and or emotional issues. If you have to verbally list what you've done for this game instead of the proof being there, it's probably because those you're opposing see it as not as good as you do and you're not going to convince them by sticking "2 years" to the back of it. Second of all, you accuse community members of wining, right? "why do i have to pay $5 for something a developer worked on for 2+ years, why do features I spam and abuse get disabled, wah wah wah.". First of all, extremely unprofessional and the last part is profoundly childish. Second though, you just "wined" in the previous sentence: "Everything is negative here, nothing positive,". yet I can cite 6 of the last 17 that were positive; and in fact none of them were yours, so Imho you're just contributing to the negativity you condemn everyone else for. 303, 307, 308, 314, 316, 317.
So by your logic: it's not okay to criticize a developer negatively who (you say) has worked really hard for 2 years and is just deprecating features so they don't get spammed. It is, however, okay to demean, condescend, and actively state you won't be listening to your players on a common platform due to the negativity shown by the few? Like watch. I'm going to back all three of those up, from your one... post.
Demean: "Everything is negative here, nothing positive"
condescend, hell even mock: "why do i have to pay $5 for something a developer worked on for 2+ years, why do features I spam and abuse get disabled, wah wah wah."
State you probably won't be listening to the people on a common platform: "I probably won't be back to this forum or this topic. Such a toxic waste of my time."
Do you care about your reputation? Do you care whether or not people appreciate your work? Your attitude shows you really don't, even if your words hint or state that you do. I don't know. Maybe you do actually care and just fly off the handle in unwarranted fits and bursts of anger, or maybe you really... don't. Those are the conclusions I was able to gather, though I'll not state they're definitive because truth be told? I don't know. I mean people can continue to play this game all they want, but I refuse to play any more than I already have until this developer's behavior gets sorted out. Hell, I could care less about the server crashing once in a while if there had been active and sufficient plans implemented prior to a week before last Saturday, and if the developer didn't blame his players for being a bit upset when things go wrong and write them all off as toxic wastes of his time. Meh, that sounds way too degrading and demeaning to me for any game.

masonian wrote:

People who are actually on the game and who play it regularly will get why that happened. If you wanna go off and assume because of this guy, be my guest. In short, I probably won't be back to this forum or this topic. Such a toxic waste of my time. Everything is negative here, nothing positive, why do i have to pay $5 for something a developer worked on for 2+ years, why do features I spam and abuse get disabled, wah wah wah.

Bye, it's been nice knowing ya!

Twitter: stevo399
Have a nice day!

Thumbs up +2

Granted I was not there when what ever happened happened. I was playing dj for a gig. But I do have to agree. The server is just about as stable as quicksand. I would also not mind paying, if the server would not go down once a day some point in my afternoon. Granted I have a life outside computer games, I have a job and I teach, but still once in a while I'd love to just play this game and relax. I cannot if the server  is down. By the way thanks for the map building thread. I'll take a look and when the server goes up I'll take a look and try this out.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

Thumbs up