2018-10-13 12:17:27

Hello everyone.
This topic had been posted here, on augost 16 2018, but it has been removed due to the server crash, like some other topics, and I haven't seen a replacement for it, so I bring it back,
Here is the original text of the first post of this topic by one of the users of this forum called "skylord":

Hello everyone! Today, i'm excited that finally, the blood rain was released! It's a 2d sidescroller, but don't let this fool you, and before you say it's a bad one, go check out this trailer for those who don't visit anyaudio!
http://anyaudio.net/listen?audio=xZIXR7XeEX
Oh, also, we'd very glad if those who have an account on anyaudio would post there recordings of there gameplay with there opinion, and also, please write here, should we continue the developement, and write down if you have any problems with the translation, i'll fixx this as soon as possible and update a lang pack, witch your game will automaticly detect, and download. Have fun blasting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------And here is the download link:
https://ch-games.ru/tbr.zip

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2018-10-13 13:04:53

Hi,

Yeah I also love this game as well. its a definet obsticle to get over as far as game play, but its very adicting to say the least. I have yet to get up to the point where I can actually get to the level to craft and stay alive long enough to see the advanced weapons, but of course that's the cool thing about challenging but awesome games like the Blood Rain. Plus the trailer is awesome. Keey up the good work guies!

2018-10-13 13:06:21

I am agree with post 2, the final level that i could reach so far is level 9.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2018-10-13 14:29:16

i said this game needs save feature.

Yours kindly

2018-10-13 15:29:09

Downloaded this game yesterday after hearing a demo on anyaudio, i love it. It's pretty challenging, but addicting.

2018-10-13 16:36:37

Yeah I do agree about the save feature. Would make things a bit easier as far as game play, but if its just a level oriented game, I can understand why its not implemented. But yeah just the same I agree if its going to be more than just a level oriented game there needs to be a save feature. I would love to see this game have more stuff added like vehicles and the like. its already cool that you have all types of enemies, but it would be awesome to hear like either a tank or a copter rolling up or flying over head and especially get to drive one. I know that may be a while off, but I think its possible, especially in a side scroller.

2018-10-13 18:56:40

Windows defender detects this game as virus\ I cannot be bothered to allow those virus like games from defender settings\

2018-10-13 21:17:22

Why does windows defender have to do this. I like using windows defender, but it removes the game every time I try to download the thing.

2018-10-13 23:05:58

Windows defender, I think, loves to gobble those more likely than not innocent bgt apps. Its a pain, create a games folder, exclude it from scans and plunk all your games down in there

2018-10-14 09:36:22

Hey guys!!!

I have a question. I just finished downloading "The blood rain." When I extract TBR folder all I have just one folder and 3 files. Here are the files name NVDA.dll, readme en, readme ru and folder call lang.

But when I open the the folder that I didnt extract they all there. It's very strange. Somehow my files disappear. Weird!!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2018-10-14 10:05:06

aa windows deffender or something antivirus program delete they.

Yours kindly

2018-10-20 01:35:02

Hey guys, been liking this game so far, seems interesting. what's the trick to surviving so long though. i've managed only level 3 i think, and that by the skin of my teeth. there has to be something i'm missing. lol. and yes, a save feature would be good. then i'd have a chance to really understand where i'm going wrong after a certain point and so on.

2018-10-21 01:27:41

Awesome game thankrhrhrhrhrhrhs

2018-10-21 04:21:05

Loving it so far, great job. The main thing this game needs now is a save feature. Not to hard to imploment, and you’ll be saving me a world of frustration and keyboard mashing, which, of corse, is the main thing you’ll want to focus on when developing a game.
Lol just kidding, or am i? wink

2018-10-29 23:57:28

so I broke something, and picked the wrong language when running, but their's nothing in the readme to tell me how to reset it.
Can someone provide help?

2018-10-30 08:36:08

Hi.
run the game,
press shift+o,
press Home key and press enter,
Press Home key again and press enter,
the english language will be selected.

stickbear wrote:

so I broke something, and picked the wrong language when running, but their's nothing in the readme to tell me how to reset it.
Can someone provide help?

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2019-01-28 02:10:04

What a damn shame it is that this game's development was discontinued.

2019-01-28 08:16:48

@defender i agree with you. I really like the blood rain, and a lot of good things could be done with it. maybe make enemies attack each other instead of just you?

2019-01-28 15:11:43

An RPG of our own wouldn't go a miss either.
I know we have the rockets from the turrets, but it really isn't the same as having a launcher as a weapon you can just crush enemies with :xd

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-01-28 17:24:22

i agree, lol! i got up to like level 11 people have probably made it farther, and i could if i didn't have to step away from the computer. I did pause the game, however, my computer crashed so mleh.

2019-01-28 18:00:22

anyone know how to get money for the store?
I always have 0 dollars... even when I raise levels
this game is very cool, but also very unbalanced.
I can't get better weapons than the starter pistol

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-01-28 18:15:21

Hmmm, intresting to try this one, but yee gods I don't know what is wrong. I had to turn off windows defender, download the game, move it into one of my exception folders then turn windows defender back on again.
No other Bgt game has been that extreme! even those that need to be run in exception folders.

Again, I like the game, but the balance is getting a bit problematic, since essentially there is no way to avoid getting shot. While i like the fact you can jump incoming bullets, since anyone has a longer range than you and the footsteps are so quiet that the only way you know someone is behind you is when they shoot you, also your jump takes you past the enemy, meaning that basically you always tend to lose at least 100 health per kill.

Either your fists need to be more powerful at the start, or enemies need to move behind you less, or you need giving a gun of your  to get some degree of distance.

it'd also be nice if there wasn't so much by way of shenanigans to run the game, since I don't think Bgt is the only issue here as I've never had that  trouble with an audiogame before.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-28 18:55:52

just put your downloads folder in exceptions
or better yet your entire user folder
i never have any problems if I do this. Of course things won't be checked, but I'm of the opinion that most of the time if you know what you're doing you don't really need an antivirus. I've only had 2 bad accidents and I've used computers for more than 15 years.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-01-28 20:09:58

I did consider making downloads an exception, but I thought it was a bad idea in case I came across something potentially harmful, and usually with previous games things have been okay if I move things into exception folders while the game's folder itself is zipped, this has been the first time something has refused to download but if it happens too often again I'll reconsider.

I haven't had many really bad virus issues either, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-29 07:53:17

ogomez92 wrote:

anyone know how to get money for the store?
I always have 0 dollars... even when I raise levels
this game is very cool, but also very unbalanced.
I can't get better weapons than the starter pistol

Hi.
You should find bank chips. these are like other items like ammos and shields and others. bank chips sound like a pack of coins.
after you find them, go to the place of shop, I forgot it's name in English, press tab and find bank chips and then press enter on shop posission. it will add money. then press Y key, press enter on shop, and buy.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.