2018-10-11 22:17:44

Hello,
Could a direct link to one's inbox be added near the top of each page, with perhaps a count of one's unread messages as well?
I have to go directly to my inbox to check if I've received a message, and the easiest way other than using history seems to be to first click to PM someone, and then go to private messages from there. If I'm not expecting a message I won't be checking it, and that means if someone does send one then how long will it take before I realize I have one?
I use myself as an example here, but this can apply to anyone. A link to one's messages as well as an unread messages counter would only be a benefit to us.

2018-10-11 22:27:59

There is already a link to your private messages on every page, it's in the main menu which  starts with index, then new, and so on.

2018-10-11 22:41:01 (edited by ShadowMamba 2018-10-11 22:44:20)

Orko wrote:

There is already a link to your private messages on every page, it's in the main menu which  starts with index, then new, and so on.

Here's what the top of the page for this topic looks like, just before sending this post:

AudioGames.net Forum
Logged in as ShadowMamba.
AudioGames.net Forum → Site and forum feedback → Personal Messages
Pages1
Topic RSS feedUnsubscribe

Now unless it's related to the very first "AudioGames.net Forum" link at the top, which doesn't seem to do anything if I click on it, then it's not showing up on here.

EDIT:
Unless it's a browser thing, I'm using the latest version of IE at the moment.

2018-10-11 22:54:09 (edited by Slender 2018-10-11 22:54:41)

Yes, it is that first audiogames.net link. It opens a navigation menu below it.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2018-10-11 22:54:27

Click on the first item on the page, the "audiogames.net forum", which should have something like "identical to" before it. This should expand a menu with your profile, private messages, etc. There's another such menu on the PM page that can take you to your outbox, which is for some reason labeled "profile menu".

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-10-11 22:59:31 (edited by Destranis 2018-10-11 23:00:15)

Or just put your browser to full screen and you'll see it as expected.

2018-10-11 23:29:16

I've never had to worry about the size of my browser window, , the menu has always been there. Maybe it's because of how JAWS interacts with Internet Explorer. I just know that it doesn't seem to make any difference at all what the size of the browser window is.

2018-10-12 00:06:43

Clicking on the first Audiogames.net link doesn't work as it should, as I stated above. No clue why this is, it's happened on other websites as well.
Full screen mode did solve it though, thank you. That's an odd fix.

2018-10-12 00:36:56

Hi,
When a site is minimiazed it seems to think you are using a mobile browser, maximizing usually does the trick and fixes it. I do wonder what causes this in the firstplace.