2018-10-10 03:24:35 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2018-10-10 13:24:32)

Hi Folks,

I recently got a new SD Card for my BrailleNote Touch, which fixed many of the issues i've had with the unit over the past year. However, the BrailleNote Touch Acapela engine still has noticeable lag especially when the system is under load.

My question is what are my options when it comes to lightweight TTS engines that are intelligible at high rate settings? I know there are several ports of eSpeak, but have heard that some don't work. I know of ETI-Eloquence TTS however would rather avoid that if I can.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: If possible, please include Google Play links.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2018-10-10 18:18:28

There's Vocalizer, but the commercial driver is underwhelming and has lower quality voices, when I know for a fact that the full premium quality voices run on the unit with an impressive response rate. Not worth the 4 bucks per voice if I can say so myself, not if there's gonna be quality issues. There's Vestec Mobile TTS which is not available anymore, but used to be for sale. I purchased it years ago, and it still works. Pico is another option but I have yet to get that to work on the Touch! SVox classic is abandoned without a trace, and the voice data servers are down indefinitely; for those who haven't been around the Android scene for very long, they used to be extremely awesome voices for responsiveness and quality, but after ice cream sandwich they pretty much grew unresponsive and crashed. They do, however, work well on the Braillenote Touch, provided you have the voice data. And unless someone has archived their voice data or has a backup, no one's getting those voices back any time soon, sadly.

2018-10-10 19:21:18

Here's the espeak port I personally prefer. It's based off a distribution I bought for my Samsung tablet years ago, but since that was based off of gpl code so an updated distribution was made. This is guaranteed to work.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … p;hl=pt_BR

2018-10-11 02:39:43 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2018-10-11 03:23:48)

jack wrote:

Here's the espeak port I personally prefer. It's based off a distribution I bought for my Samsung tablet years ago, but since that was based off of gpl code so an updated distribution was made. This is guaranteed to work.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … p;hl=pt_BR

Unfortunately the link does not work. Can you resend it?

Thanks for your help.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.

2018-10-11 05:46:31

Say, you're right! Ahh what the hell, it was a free app after all so try this instead.

2018-10-11 13:35:46

jack wrote:

Say, you're right! Ahh what the hell, it was a free app after all so try this instead.

Is it possible to download the APK from there? I'm not seeing the link.

2018-10-11 14:10:34

I uploaded it myself, no sense dealing with a mirror anyhow, may be an outdated version even if you got it to download. All yours.
download it here