2018-09-26 23:38:45

Hello guys!
I started working with java on my course, and I have some questions:
I'm trying to see which editor is best to use. Visual studio code, with either the extensions enabled or the eclipse, both with the NvDA.
In eclipse, my problem is that I can not navigate between the error screen in the program and the code editor easily. Control tab is quite inconsistent, so I would like shortcut keys to quickly navigate between these parts, if any.
So I installed visual studio code because it has better accessibility.
The problem is that I do not know how to create a new project and files for the same.
can anybody help me?

2018-09-27 00:06:19

Hi.
Being a java developer for many years now, I would recomendt Eclipse.
It works with Java, including all mature build frameworks (ant, maven, gradle an so on)
To view some of the shortcuts in eclipse, you can visit this handy little list or just google "eclipse keyboard shortcuts", like I did.
https://dzone.com/articles/effective-ec … ortcut-key

Hope that helps any.
- NicklasMCHD

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2018-09-27 02:31:12

I would also recommend Eclipse. Or, if you really like the command line, it is also possible to build java projects on the command line. It's just that, if you are working with anything other than the standard libraries, expect to have to type very long commands as you attempt to make sure all of the libraries get included correctly. It was because of Slick2D that I stopped using command line and just went with eclipse. Now, whenever programming with Java, I use Eclipse. I suppose you  could also use one of those build systems as well. By that I mean, Gradle or Maven, but I have never tried working with them directly, so I have no idea how that would work.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-09-27 15:10:48

Hello guys!
I'm using eclipse, but when I create some program that requires user input, NVDA speaks only input and not text on the screen.
What can I do?
I have java access bridge enabled on windows 7 64 bit, with NVDA 2018.2.1

2018-09-28 13:41:40

I have one more question: Is eclipse accessible in Linux?

2018-10-01 00:58:24

Hello,

Diego wrote:

Hello guys!
I started working with java on my course, and I have some questions:
I'm trying to see which editor is best to use. Visual studio code, with either the extensions enabled or the eclipse, both with the NvDA.
In eclipse, my problem is that I can not navigate between the error screen in the program and the code editor easily. Control tab is quite inconsistent, so I would like shortcut keys to quickly navigate between these parts, if any.
So I installed visual studio code because it has better accessibility.
The problem is that I do not know how to create a new project and files for the same.
can anybody help me?

Visual Studio Code cannot create projects or entire projects by itself. You need an external tool to do this like yeoman generator. When you have the fresh project folder you can open it with Visual Studio Code.

Cheers,

2018-10-08 16:53:49

Hello guys!
Using ShowInputDialog and ShowMessageDialog, NVDA speaks only input and not the contents of the window.
Is it possible to fix this?
Using eclipse.

2018-10-09 06:45:55

You need the Java Access Bridge, which is getting harder to setup since Oracle no longer offers 32-bit versions of the JAB.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-09 12:46:35

Or if you want a fully accessible ui framework in java, check out SWT.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2018-10-09 14:30:08

Hello guys!
The java access bridge is enabled.
I activated in the Ease of Access.
What to do to solve?

2018-10-09 20:25:05

Java Accessibility, especially with Swing and AWT, has always been a mixed bag. If you must use JOptionPane, you probably want something to output to screen reader or TTS to speak the contents of the dialog.
I always had difficulty getting Java to speak effectively, but I haven't tried since, like, 2011 at the latest. Universal Speech somehow broke everything in the same directory. I have a TTS class that can speak through SAPI5, but it blocks everything until it's done speaking. I know there are better ways to do these things, but I never found them before switching languages.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-10-10 08:06:02

Hi.
Again for gui creation in Java I would go with SWT.
If you must use swing you can output through a screen reader with help of the tolk library ( https://github.com/dkager/tolk )
- NicklasMCHD

2018-10-10 23:25:23

Hello guys!
I am trying to make my program show the text on the screen, and at the same time the screen reader to speak, through the library tolk.
The library is already configured in the project, and the file tolk.jar is already inside the folder bin, located in the java folder.
Below is a sample code for that, if you can, can help me.

package classes;
import javax.swing.JOptionPane;

import com.davykager.tolk.Tolk;
public class teste1 {
    public static void main(String[] args) {
Tolk.load();
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,"Hello world!!");
Tolk.output("Hello world!");
        //class main end
    }
//end of the method
}

What should I do?
Sorry for my english.

2018-10-11 10:54:22

Hi.
You need to make sure, that the required screen reader dlls are in the same directory as your script.
- NicklasMCHD

2018-10-12 17:55:33

Hello guys!
I'm trying to find a solution for NVDA to be able to read the screens of the java programs, using tolk or java 32-bit, recommended by some friends of a list of programmers in Portuguese.
So, below are a few questions:
1: How to enable the java access bridge 32-bit using the cmd?
I tried following the tutorial on the oracle web site, but without results.
2: I put inside the bin folder of my project, the dlls of the NVDA and sapi, but the program does not open when I put in the code tolk.load.

2018-10-13 23:50:56

@15, 32-bit versions of the java access bridge no longer work as of Java 9. And you'll need o give us a bit more info on point 2: does it give you a traceback? Does it give you an error?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-14 21:08:43

Hello guys!
Nothing happens, no error, nor window open. Absolutely nothing.
Any idea?

2018-10-16 16:35:58

Hello guys!
I was able to run successfully, but NVDA still does not read the messages.
I've enabled java access bridge through the control panel, including
I rebooted the computer, but it still keeps talking only message
What can I do?
I'm with 32-bit eclipse and 32-bit jdk.

2018-10-17 19:55:40

Hello guys!
I am having several problems with the eclipse and NVDA.
I am programming in java language, and when I open the program, NVDA is unable to put the focus in the program.
When I go with alt+tab and I press NvDA+t, he speaks only explorer.
It's as if NvDA is not able to interact with it, but in fact, if I type something still works.
Another problem I have are the on-screen messages and dialogs question NVDA can't read.
Any idea?
I have already enabled the java access bridge by painéu control, and I'm
using the jdk 8 32-bit, along with the eclipse 32-bit, NVDA 2018.3.2 and windows 10 64-bit.
What do you do?
Sorry for my english.