2018-10-08 21:23:46

Well I sure don't, MMO's can stay where they are, draining people's bank accounts with micro transactions and pay to enjoy mechanics.
What's the point of this game simulating something it will never be anyway? If you want to play an online game, go do it, their are allot of muds to choose from.

2018-10-08 22:00:08

I myself will never play an online game for sure. I just thought there would be mechanics an MMO has wich could be interesting for warsim, that's why i wrote elements, but on the other side, it has already things which are a bit like this. And I surely don't mean micro transactions, to be clear. But I like the single player concept the game follows.

2018-10-08 22:49:34

Oh I see, I thought you were agreeing with RTT on the hole account system thing and such, which was just weird.

2018-10-09 00:32:27

Yeah, didn't get a word of RTT or what he is trying to say about accounts and MMO either, sounded like something out of a split personality. Let's get back to regular Warsim shall we? The word MMO makes me puke.

On the topic of mini-rpgs and dungeon crawling; I will expand on my idea: Just have your player character or a random knight delve into a dungeon, maybe the dungeons of goblins (I forgot the name), for like 10 rooms with random encounters ranging from treasure room, enemy fight room, and silly humorous events room.

2018-10-09 07:33:03

sounds nice to me.

2018-10-09 08:54:28 (edited by defender 2018-10-09 08:59:37)

Agreed, I would love more complex mini games, the knight's climbing the mountain and canyon ones are fun, but something with more depth would be cool, where you can choose paths and such kinda like the maze in the vampire city, or make decisions on which units to use and how to keep your troops alive in a giant battle, an alchemy game where you try to find the right recipe in time with clues for good ingredients, a game where you drive a caravan and try to make good decisions to avoid various bad outcomes like raiders, lack of food/water, and dust storms, the same thing but in a ship and with pirates, ETC.
Where can I find caverns and cave trolls anyway? I want to try it.

2018-10-09 09:50:48

wow, that are cool ideas for games.

2018-10-09 14:56:32 (edited by Vylcount 2018-10-09 14:56:42)

@defender: Top notch concepts for games defender. You can play caverns and cave trolls by leveling up your game master, I think to max.

2018-10-09 18:19:24

Well I hope it wouldn't be a nightmare to code that kind of thing into the preexisting structure is all...
And thanks Vylcount I'll do that.

2018-10-20 09:37:03

Umm, it's been a long time since last we heard from Huw...

2018-10-20 14:19:59

No, let me explain. Basically, I was thinking that the game could exist in the story as a multiplayer experience. You would start the game and an intro sequence will be displayed explaining about a new game that had been released. Then, you would create a, fake, account which your character will then use to log into the game.  You will then play as your character, who is then playing as the king of this kingdom. The other procedurally generated kingdoms could be controlled by players with procedurally generated names. I know this sounds hard to understand, but I’ve always wanted the simulation of a multiplayer game that is found in books such as ready player one or a send online. I really think you guys should read those books, they are pretty good.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-10-20 16:49:46

The login process  should only be done when starting a game for the first time.  And when I say login process, I mean character creation.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-10-24 10:22:46

I think warsim is still worked on, since Huw posted on redit still. But redit seems to be down for the Moment, but I saw Posts from him not too Long ago.

2018-10-24 17:32:51

Huw you better not be dead, or I'm gonna kill you.

2018-10-24 23:02:24

You think he is in one of those roof-breaking adventures of his?

2018-10-30 08:59:37

Hmm, I tryed to contact huw via Mail but had heared nothing till yet. Has anybody contact with him and knows something? On redit nothing happened for a relatively Long time as well. I hope nothing bad has happened to him.

2018-10-30 11:48:16

Maybe the money issues made it so he had to go without internet for a bit.
Or maybe the lone sharks got to him.

2018-11-06 14:13:52

Sorry dudes, I've been figuring some stuff out on my end, I will never abandon warsim but I definitely need to communicate a bit better with the community when I go afk for a bit haha

I'm in a pickle at the moment because I am slowly running through my savings, so I'm looking at getting back into my old businesses or getting a job somewhere, I sort of ignored this for a while when I was working on warsim 24/7 a month or so ago but after a while it caught up with me for a bit so I've been sorting things out since then and been a little stressed truth be told, but don't worry, as I've said before, I will never abandon warsim! just sometimes take brief hiatuses

Sorry for the lack of communication though, Hope everyone is good smile

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2018-11-06 14:37:21

Yeah no worries, take your time Huw. Nice to know you are fine and well.

2018-11-06 18:43:58

thanks for the update, and big rl stuff and your own welfare is far more important than the game, so if you need to slow down and work on your finances and stuff, please do that.

2018-11-06 18:57:05

So inputting a bit of the wastes into the game with it's mini-dungeon format with random events as I'm seeing that.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2018-11-06 22:02:17

wow, good to hear that you are fine Huw. I was a bit worried that something bad had happened. But good to hear from you again.

2018-11-07 17:40:06

Thanks guys, sorry for the lack of communication though, it's just been a bit of stressful one haha

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2018-11-07 22:56:28

wo, look at this, the oldest waistlander is back tongue
bye the way i have played whaists today, and it brought lol of memarys big_smile
bye thhe way rl stuff is more importent then the game life so, take your time man

2018-11-08 02:06:35

Hello Wastelander. No hurry or anything and again, RL comes first but a couple more ideas on races, of a theme I haven't seen yet, though you might have done it already. (plants.)

new race ideas
trrants
blights
dryads
shamblers
Mossies
carnivorous vines
creepers
weeds
fungusmen
moldmen
mushroommen
toadstoolmen
stranglervines
ivies
orchidfolk
flytraps
mantraps
baobobs
Ziniafolk
rosies
thornies
bramblers
shrubbles
algaens
kelpies/kelpers.
Tubers
Rooters
Guordians
mandragoras
mandrakes.
mistletoes. (Mistletoe kills a god in Norse myth.)
Connifers.
Oaken
Grassans
Arboreans

perhaps  you could also have a couple of race prefixes.

Floral/horticultural/photosynthetic/ Botanical: these creatures are plant versions of whatever creatures they are and their numbers grow based on how many peasant (tier 1:)  people the nation has. The idea is that they reproduce like plants and grow more members of their population as one would grow crops. High numbers of lands and peasants would really increase that. number and make them a threat.

For non-botanical options, fertile/verile/fruitful would represent a high rate of population growth among a race's numbers.

Just a little stuff  I thought of.

But love to hear from you Wastelander and take care of your RL stuff.

a bit weird but a lot of fantasy has some weird plant monsters so thought I'd suggest a few.