2018-10-06 03:35:59

Skype would probably work.. my id is haruki151. I was fiddling within reaper's fx window, after loading the gtr tool rack stereo vst3 plugin.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-10-06 04:23:04

okay, I'm gadeuvall2000 on skype, I sent you a message.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-07 01:01:59 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-10-07 01:02:15)

wow. interesting findings you have here! as soon as you have something, I will publish it, with your due permission, of course, on the reaper access wiki. So I am following this one closely.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-10-07 01:22:37

Well for the simplest part, if you load the waves plugins in VST3 mode,  everything is labeled and accessible in the parameters list, with the exception of waves GTR3 stomps and tool rack, only because the stomp boxes are positional and can change.  SO for what it's worth, waves plugins are accessible and  in my honest opinion, really good.    As mentioned in a previous post,  you can find out what stomps do what by simple fiddling.  so as faras I'm concerned, I'd say waves plugins have a green light for go   and for me speaking, I'd say  provide this information as follows:

Waves plugins:
Waves plugins, when loaded in VST3 mode are accessible and parameters are labeled correctly.  The only exceptions are in waves GTR3 stomps and GTR3 Tool Rack plugin, where the stomp boxes are not labeled because they are interchangable.  The only  labeled parameter is the on/off switch for each box, so that will help you find out which box is which.  The GTR3 Tool Rack requires a golden cursor location to load presets properly, but is doable with no problems, which when loaded will prompt an accessible context menu.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-07 01:31:35

Now that I'm getting a grasp of it, I'm wanting to do a demo of the way these are used... just have to figure out how to route my screen reader to a separate track in Reaper!

2018-10-07 01:55:08 (edited by flackers 2018-10-07 01:58:14)

If you figure out how to route the screen reader through reaper, let me know because I tried to make a little demo myself the other day when we first started talking about this, but I couldn't do that. I just ended up having it down the mic along with my voice, which wasn't ideal. I don't want to record a demo anymore, I'd just like to know how to get system sounds like the screen reader into a track. Probably would have been a piece of cake back in the stereo mix days of XP, but since 7 came along, MS seem to have made it very awkward to record anything from the system. I know about virtual recorder, but that would mean having two separte recordings for system, voice and guitar. Also, I couldn't get it to record the changing FX as I adjusted things like delay time during the recording while playing guitar. I tried enabling one of the automation modes, but for some reason GTR went to shit whenever I did, and in the end I thought screw this, the guys will figure it out anyway, so who gives. Maybe I picked the wrong mode or something. The names for the modes like latch and trim and stuff don't mean a thing to me, so I have no idea what the difference is.

2018-10-07 04:03:23

The procedure will differ if you're using an audio interface, which, from the sounds of it, you aren't. I believe Rea Route will do it if you're simply on the computer soundcard, bt for an audio interface you need to use something like virtual audio cable to send system audio to one of your inputs and then feed that into the desired track.

2018-10-07 04:11:43 (edited by G-Rad 2018-10-07 04:14:06)

Route your PC sound card to your audio interface on it's own channel, make sure you arm and monitor input so you can hear it through your  interface headphones,  easiest way.  You can use a physical cable.  it won't hurt anything unless you have the interface returning back to the PC which I hope y ou don't.

Here's my setup.  PC, phone, and audio interface all go to a Behringer Xenyx 802 and as does a microphone, which is aux sent to my pc for skype or whatever, unless it's needed elsewhere, then I could use the aux send to my interface using a trs cable, and that will send whatever goes to the aux out to the interface, which in my setup, the interface cannot do, so that keeps it from looping back into it's self.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-07 11:58:01 (edited by flackers 2018-10-07 12:35:17)

I am using an interface, but the screen reader is using the pc soundcard. I only use the interface for instruments and mics not system sounds. I'll try your suggestions.
Edit. physical cable to the interface works. I didn't think of that because I'm an idiot, lol.

2018-10-07 14:31:22

Yeah, the physical cable route is essentially what I also had in mind... it's the same thing as virtual audio cable, it's just... not virtual audio cable that's doing it. It's a real audio cable. lol

2018-10-07 14:37:35

so, the information has been updated. Thanks a bunch!

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-10-07 15:47:56 (edited by flackers 2018-10-07 15:53:43)

Have an update if you were wanting to do golden cursors for the slot menus. There are two menus associated with each slot. One lets you enter, delete, and move  stomps, the other gives you access to the individual presets for whatever stomp is in the slot. If you wanted to do golden cursors to access these 12 menus, there's a snag. The amp occupies a position somewhere in the row of slots, and is movable, so it screws up the golden cursor positions because it's half the size of the stomp slots. With my screen res for instance, the slots are 140 pixels wide, but the amp is only 76. So as the amp moves around, it drags every slot to the right of it by 64 pixels. It might still be possible to pick a point at which the movement wouldn't affect things. It depends how wide the menus are. I'll check it out later tonight if I get time, and let you know. There is also a save menu to the right of the load menu, and an HD toggle which is off by default. On mine, the save menu is 30 pixels to the right of the load menu, and the HD button is 60 to the right of load. You might be able to find both of these just by moving the mouse 10 pixels at a time to the right of the load menu, and clicking. If you hit the save menu, it'll be obvious, but unless you could check the color under where the mouse is positioned, the HD button won't be as obvious. The only tell is if you're monitoring the sound of the plugin, there's a slight disruption in the sound as you switch HD on and off. The other useful spot you might want to click is the tempo edit field. This is an accessible edit field and let's you enter the tempo manually. This is useful if you want to turn sync on for say the delay, then the repeats will be in subdivisions. Good for taking advantage of the dotted eighth note effect, which can be a bit tricky to set just right by ear.

2018-10-07 16:02:12

Luckily, sync ties together with Reaper's project bpm, so you can set it from within the project settings and then adjust the subdivisions for the delay. I discovered this while playing with it yesterday. And thanks for all the other tips... now to find GC coordinates!

2018-10-07 17:58:14 (edited by flackers 2018-10-07 17:59:07)

Oh yeah, lol. Also, I imagine the HD switch is in the parameters list to. As long as you know it's off by default. Turning it on is always the first thing I do when I load GTR, though I can't pretend I notice a huge difference..

2018-10-08 03:32:50 (edited by flackers 2018-10-08 03:41:11)

By the way, there's another delay stomp I forgot to mention. It's called the LayD, and it works slightly differently to the normal delay. As well as having the same controls as the regular delay, it also has a pitch control, and a reverse toggle switch. In the parameters list, controls 1 through 4 work the same as the other delay, in that 1 is mix, 2 is time in ms, 3 is time in subdivisions, and 4 is the sync on off toggle. 5 is the reverse on off toggle. Unlike sync, it's on by default, so 0% is on, 100% is off. When reverse is on, the repeats play as if being played backwards, though it's quite subtle. 6 is a pitch control that progressively changes the pitch of each repeat up or down. 50% will match the sound of the guitar's pitch, and so is essentially the off position. less than 50 will drop the pitch of the repeats, and above 50 will raise it. It's a weird effect that I personally can't see any use for other than to create strange sounds. 7 is feedback, and 8 is stereo width. Think 9 is the tap tempo switch, which obviously you can't access. Just thought I'd let you know as it would be easy to confuse this effect with the standard delay, and you'd wonder what the hell had happened to it.
Also I thought I'd mention that the list I wrote out earlier with all the stomps and their controls: the numbers of the controls won't always match how they are in the parameters list, and I think with some effects there are more controls than I scripted. Maybe the stomps have under the hood controls that I didn't know about. Anyway, best to treat that list as a rough guide, or disregard it altogether.

2018-10-08 12:44:36

I think it would be great if someone will demo about this plug-in, especially talking about how to navigate the plug-in. I would be glad. It's easy for me to follow if there's a demo. What do you think? I haven't use golden curser and this will be the first time using it.

2018-10-08 15:27:26

okay I will make an audio recording of that for you if you guys wnat.  I  don't mind.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-08 16:00:18

Yes please. That would help the newbs a lot. Thanks @G-rad

2018-10-08 19:13:51

yere ya go, it's a youtube video I did this morning fresh out of bed, so yeah.  Hope it works for you guys and gives you an idea of how it's possible to use.

https://youtu.be/Ez490lJaFX8

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-08 20:05:17 (edited by flackers 2018-10-08 20:20:36)

That was interesting. I was using jaws scripts to access GTR, but when you go into the parameters list using jaws, it doesn't announce anything the way NVDA does. It just announces everything as a percentage. There's no on off or anything. If I'd read the parameters list using NVDA it would have been a lot less confusing trying to work out why controls 2 and 3 of the delay seemed to work sometimes and not others. Using NVDA, control 3 has the beat values announced, but with jaws it's just percentages, so doesn't tell you anything useful about what you might be dealing with. I knew reaper worked much smoother with NVDA than jaws, but it didn't occur to me that I might be missing stuff like that. Nice demo. There's just a couple of things to mention. You mentioned this yourself when you loaded just the stomps. Best to load the mono/stereo toolrack if you're just using your guitar into a mono input. You still get a stereo sound output. Think the toolrack stereo option is for those who are inputting in stereo. If you load the toolrack stereo, with a mono input, you can get some not-so-good results. And there are often empty slots in the middle of the pedal board. Like slots 2, 3 and 4 can be empty, and only slots 1, 5 and 6 have stuff in. You'd think they'd leave all the empty slots at the end, but they don't.

2018-10-08 22:31:14

The reason that some slots are empty on the board is purely because that's what you would emulate on a real peddle board as well. I don't know how much you know about guitar and gear, but it's pretty comon whole experiment to disconect a peddle from the chain and link the ones on either side of it together to get different combinations which is why the slots aren't all at the end of the signal flow. And the demo was good as well! I haven't tried mono yet, but so far doin the same thing with plugging my guitar in and running a stereo instance of the plugin have produced the same results, I think. Nothing bad has happened yet at any rate.

2018-10-08 23:03:04

This is great! Thanks for the demo, the accessibility is cool man!

2018-10-08 23:28:36

well the mono/stereo option is for those who have to input from one of two only inputs.  for me, when I select a mono input on the track, it doesn't matter if I pick mono/stereo or just  stereo.    However, if I pick a stereo pair input and use only the left side, it will input the left channel or bridge them together., never really tried that.   NOnetheless, it's more about yoru input that makes the difference and the option is there to   compensate for the alternatives you may have to make.   Thanks guys.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-08 23:31:32

I'll do a demo in regards to how I use addictive drums 2 with golden cursor.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-09 00:50:29

It probably doesn't make any difference to use a mono input into the stereo version. It was so long ago I can't even remeber what the problem was. I was probably doing something stupid anyway.