2018-09-21 23:52:37 (edited by archer 2018-09-22 00:22:05)

Hi guys

I've been playing tomb hunter for the last two weeks work permitting, and so far have been enjoying it thoroughly.

I've encountered a few problems with the challenges faced in tomb 7, level 20.

S-P-O-I-L-E-R-S B-E-L-O-W

First, I struggled to figure out how to get past the spikes, as i was unsure whether they operated on MOTA or battlezone mechanics. I flushed a couple of lives trying to jump over them, as we used to in Mysteries of the ancients, only to discover they actually work as battlezones did, where you have to walk past them inbetween the sounds to survive.

This problem solved i approached the check point token and snaffled it, before stepping onto the maglift which lead me to the drop into the void filled with birds and objects.

This area of the game appeared to be a puzzler, as i had no idea how to fall and survive. At one point, i drank every potion i had on me, all 42 of them, and my health reached the imortal level (the game's literal term) and was still killed on impact far below.

Only when i checked the store did i see the option to buy a parachute. This new problem figured out I donned my parachute and dove into the void.

Even before finding the parachute, It struck me how similar this area was to the Judgement day minigame, parachute jump.

Many of tomb hunter's features seem to be referencing other games with the similar mechanics, which i thought was a quite nice way to pay omage to some of the other games out there.

I did have a mental list of games referenced when playing through some of the levels prior to this one, but can't remember them off the top of my head.

Figuring my problems were over, i fell down the chute, snaffling up every item i could and nailing those pesky birds with my rocks, and landed safely at the bottom only to grab the second check point token.

From this point on, i am totally lost as to how to proceed.

Once reaching the bottom of the chute, there is no way back up as far as i can see, and the next room to the right of the check point is devoid of anything, from objects to staircases.

There aren't even any deathtraps within that can allow you to end your current playthrough, meaning you are essentially stuck unless you wish to relaunch the level and start again.

I also checked the store, and didn't see any grappling hooks for sale, and nothing else in my inventory seems to bestow the power of flight.

After getting stuck down there for the first time, I restarted the level totally from scratch, in order to see if the scroll was hiding amongst the white noise of screaching birds and objects, but couldn't hear it on the second or third drop.

I've naturally scoped the area out with the spyglass functions, and can see behind the far right wall after the second checkpoint that there is a gap, with, what i believe sounds like a staircase, but as each wall on either side is too tall to jump, even while aided by the parachute, i am at a loss as to how to proceed.

I was even considering the possibility that there was a tunnel, or secret ledge concealed down the drop, but saw no evidence to support this.

I have also resorted to attacking the walls with my levels. I have heard of sighted games where a tunnel may be hidden behind a hidden wall, and so i've happily tossed molotov cocktails rocks, swords and arrows at the walls to no avail.

Hopefully i'm not missing something really obvious again, like i did with the parachute incident mentioned above.

Might give the level another run through to see if there aren't any hidden staircases amongst the spikes.

I must confess; that the hidden staircases in previous levels, have foxed me before now.

If anyone can inform me how to escape this area i'd be most appreciative.

Thanks very much

Captain chase, Signing off.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2018-09-23 00:27:28

Hmm, even though I havn't got this far yet? Is it possible you need to drop into the right position with your parachute?
Since the wall blocking the staircase is too tall, there might be an opening at the top?
Also try dropping time bombs near a wall to maybe destroy it.

2018-09-23 01:09:46

Hi

I did check out the two opposite walls for openings, hugging them both on separate drops down the void.

Unfortunately, i've not come across any time bombs as of yet. Hoping that doesn't mean i have to restart all over again, having made it to level 20, i'm not eager to depart from it so soon.

I did recently update tomb hunter with the latest version released, and found that the robot level had been completely rewritten, so it is possible that things that were not there in the first play through may be there now, meaning a complete restart is in order. (God i hope not)

Thanks

2018-09-23 01:41:46

oh yes, you need to blow up the walls with time bombs, I believe you need from 6 to 10 time bombs for that.

2018-09-23 14:32:37

Aw shucks. Don't seem to have any time bombs in my inventory.

Guess that means a restart is in order. man that stings. got so far with this.

Cheers for the assist guys, guess i'm going time bomb hunting

2018-09-23 19:40:20 (edited by kaigoku 2018-09-23 19:53:32)

Yes, I had to find out the hard way too. Just as a hint, the time bombs are found in level 10. It's tricky trying to disarm them before they explode. Speaking of TombHunter, does anybody have a hint as to how I may be able to proceed in level 23? I get so close to the end with the scroll, but there is a force field of some sort before getting to the portal. How do I get past it, or turn it off? Help would be appreciated.

2018-09-23 21:42:11

kaigoku wrote:

Yes, I had to find out the hard way too. Just as a hint, the time bombs are found in level 10. It's tricky trying to disarm them before they explode. Speaking of TombHunter, does anybody have a hint as to how I may be able to proceed in level 23? I get so close to the end with the scroll, but there is a force field of some sort before getting to the portal. How do I get past it, or turn it off? Help would be appreciated.

Hi.

As it happens, i'm currently trying to wend my way through level 10.

For an early on level, this one has got to be one of the hardest. The amount of mobs is off the charts compared with weaponry available, and the challenges that come on after the first checkpoint are brutal to say the least.

In your post, you mention disarming the timebombs, but i'm once more at a loss as to how i should go about doing this. Once i poke my head over the top of the first fence staircase, the timb bombs begin counting down whether i move towards them or not, and even while standing near them i see no way to disarm them so i can collect them. Does it have something to do with the paper with the codes on it? if so how can this be, i've tried with 5 lives to recover some timebombs, only for them to go off too soon for me to try anything to stop them.

If you can give me any advice on how i should collect them, that'd be appreciated.

Also, ***spoilers*** is it normal for the level portal to withhold access to the next level if you haven't collected the timebombs? i've gone through this three times now, avoiding the bombs at the first stage of the level, gaining the scroll from the second fence staircase, dodging falling bombs after the second checkpoint and jumping over the staircase hazzards only to be told the level portal is not functioning, and throw me back down to the third checkpoint.

Thanks

Archer

2018-09-23 22:17:43

My advice for level 10 is to try your best to strategize the use of your available weaponry so as to not waste the time needed to disarm the bombs. In other words, jump like hell to avoid enemies, while pressing T to disarm repeatedly. Disarming them will automatically collect them for future use. Oh, and you have to be like one step to one side of them in order for the T thing to work. I think it was fixed so that you can't proceed without collecting a few of them, as well as the scroll. It would have been nice if that was the case in the first release, but it was worth going back. Also, disregard my question about level 23. I've figured it out. I'm now on 25.

2018-09-24 10:27:32 (edited by arturminyazev 2018-09-24 10:32:29)

hi.
I can't complete level 20
how to blow up all the walls?
i have only 10 timebombs, but 1 bomb destroy only 1 wall, and after i used all bombs i have more 5 square with walls.

let's rock!

2018-09-24 12:58:10

so what do you do at lvl 23?

2018-09-27 00:58:26

Hi,
It seems you can now buy timebombs with gems. I beieve they cost 2 or 3 each, and it is interesting how there are no gems in the void. This could possibly mean that if you don't have any gems or timebombs, you are in an unwinnable situation.

2018-09-27 16:13:54

i am new to the toom hunter. I cant play the bolder level. And i am hav sum truble at level 6 toom 2

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2018-10-06 00:27:23

Hi guys

Back again with another issue.

I'm currently on level 29 of tomb hunter, unsure how to proceed.

For those who aren't at this level, naturally, there are spoilers.

I've realized that first of all you must successfully navigate the unstable planks and make it to the first check point.

Once there, the only successful way i have found to take on the 14 snakes that then come at you, is to litter the field with mines, and take pot shots with arrows at those who get through.

This is simple enough to do.

Once the snakes are dead, they drop a key, which you can collect, along with the magical item freebies littered across your path.

After that, you reach the bears/birds. I've got the fact that you must stand beside the bear trap and press D to snare a bear. Once this is done, the bear you snare remains still and ultimately becomes a kind of death trap. However, after successfully locking up all the bears, i find the level dead ends at the far right, and for some reason, one bear trap remains empty.

After that, you can ultimately only go back left, to where the unstable planks where, only to find they have now disappeared. I'm hoping there's a staircase hidden somewhere, or a teleporter perhaps, as the only way otherwise to proceed is to drop off the edge into a 100 foot drop onto flint. 4 potions plus full health seems to be enough, but this leaves you collecting more freebies and dodging a boulder that moves like greased lightning.

I'm wondering if i'm missing something with this level. i've even tried parachuting down, but as with the scuba gear, after the level it was designed for, it can no longer be implemented. As this is the case, i find the fact that it's 30 gold pieces for a 1 use 1 level device extremely steep.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction again, while i carry on retrying the level solo.

Cheers for the assist

Archer

2018-10-06 03:13:34

Hi

Obvious spoilers:
The way I got past that level is by trapping all the bears and killing each one of them. I think you have to trap them all though. Kill them with mines and other weapons. At least, that's how I got past it. Once bears are defeated, the portal will open up. Although, someone told me you can open up the portal with solely trapping the bears. I guess I'm just cruel. Good luck, and hope this helps.

2018-10-06 09:46:41

Thanks, i'll give it a try. Just wondering what the freebies at the bottom of the drop are for, maybe there to lure you in to getting squished by the boulder? just seems like there'd be no point for them to be there unless there's a way down somehow to collect them safely. shrugs. I'll give the bears another try.

I did try killing them before, using molotov cocktails, and they kept standing. even monsters went down with molotovs.

tried swords and arrows and mines, but they still kept coming. i'll give it another go around and see what happens. cheers!