2018-10-04 19:05:44

We aren't talking specifically about manamon, it's just the spring board for a bigger issue especially in the audiogames market. There were other ways it could've been a monster capturing / training game that made it feel different. Pokemon and Monster Hunter are both monster capturing and training games, but are radically different from one another. As I've said, the words ripoff, clone, etc seem to be thrown a little too loosely in this topic.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-10-04 19:09:16

I think Apples and Pears are more similar to each other than Psycho Strike is to Grand Theft Auto. I mean, I've had pears that were basically just Apples with a twist.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-10-04 19:11:14

Fair enough... lol. I was just trying to find a good enough analogy and apples to oranges was a little far. tongue

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-10-05 03:21:28

Regarding coppying game concepts, look at the first game I really developed, The Blank Game. That, was a copy. Same sounds, same music, same weapons and item names, same skills, mostly same locations, different character names and different story. Some of the things I didn't even modify. Pine Attack witch is a game I'm currently working on does copy some parts of other games, (Manamon included) but it's not like I took someone's source code and just decided, I'll make a game out of this and say it's mine, keeping pretty much all the other parts of the game that the source was for. All Pine Attack coppies from Manamon is creature names and attacks, and one or 2 of the songs. That's it. And as I've said before, if people want that removed I'll take it out. About 95% of the sounds have been used in a lot of games, so I didn't think I'd get in trouble or something for using lower quality sounds like them. Same with the music, accept a couple of the mp3 music files are from video games or are just regular songs used in life. The only thing that's keeping me from posting it is making skills for bosses, and balancing out the difficulty. For example, Leefox uses Earthquake and does no damage, then he uses an 8 6 7 5 3 O 9 bomb and does 3500 damage, killing all your party members. I'm guessing people don't want bosses to become impossible, witch is how they are as of now.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2018-10-05 08:01:22

haven't read all posts, but here we go. as long as code in question is not copied, I don't care. the more copy, the more the competition. the more of a competition there is, the more devs and games there is. only the best survives. I could give thousands of examples, where concepts are ripped off each other, whether that be on this forum, or whether that be in the sighted world. if sound libraries, and or code is copied, especially without permission, then I have an issue.