2018-10-03 01:42:57

if you press o you can scroll down the ongoing stories. it'll be in there.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-03 01:48:36 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-10-03 01:49:09)

Oh! Thanks, didn't even know about that key. lol But I can't believe that actually worked... it's a weird leap of logic that wouldn't really work outside of a game. The wording is also kinda misleading.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-10-03 01:54:20

lol. told you it's trixy. I kicked myself when I worked it out though.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-03 11:11:15

question may contain spoiler
ok I already send worker to the king next I got special event building a house for the king
but lumber is required so where do I get these in such a special event I can't put worker in building task

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2018-10-03 11:21:51

i'm downloading dv

2018-10-03 11:32:17

Guys, how do I handle dragon. I mean I was able to hold up till 60th day and the black nasty dragon ended up screwing my population from 166 to 0 in just three days. Any tips?

2018-10-03 11:59:36

Wworkers grew 29 bags of grain in the barley fields

workers has double w here

2018-10-03 12:12:48

I dont understood how game is, someone explane me please

2018-10-03 12:16:17

Hello! smile Rocky, many thanks for this awsome game, you and folk who were in the credits did a really great one, keep it up!
I got defeted twice, or even three times... big_smile But I am slowly improving, I hope. big_smile I only got confused with one thing:
The question may contain spoilers
Who can upgrade the ring and the staff? Not sure if it can be found out in the tavern, but I am not able to buy those two even if I have enough rubies. And don't know if this ring has something to do with the witch's. tongue
Not asking for a full explanation, just wondering if I am going in the right direction if thinking that it'll be found out in the tavern.
And again, thanks much! smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2018-10-03 16:09:36

high rocky thanks for your game, i downloaded the game but i don't know how to play.
so guys if you can please make an audio revew for it.
thanks

2018-10-03 17:37:50

If someone could make an audio tutorial for me that would be fantastic.  Not a walk through, just a how to get started and basic things to keep an eye on perhaps.  Its a great idea and I may get it together in a couple of weeks if there are no volunteers.  In the meantime, I hope a few starter tips might help.  These I hope do not contain spoilers, just getting started and a bit of general guidance. 
Firstly, you will enter the main menu and simply choose - play the game.  There is a help file which you can launch with the F1 key and keep referring to it as you need.  However, you begin on the village map and you can move around with the arrow keys.  On each tile you can press the "a" key and it tells you what the building does.  For example you can grow wheat in the wheat fields.  The game is turn based and on each turn you place workers on the tiles, by pressing the Enter key.  when you are done, end your turn by pressing the "e" key.  You will then get a report of the days results in a long list and you can start your new day by going down the list to the bottom, or by pressing escape at any point.  So the question becomes, where should I put my workers?  After a game or two, you will get better, but to start off, keep your eye on food.  The "f" key will let you know how your food is going.  Your choice will be growing grain in the fields, fishing, or gathering nuts in the woods.  Grain is then used in the mill, or to feed animals on the farm.  You will quickly find that you need to work the fields, as fishing is unpredictable and nuts are a low food source.  However fishing and gathering nuts are a good backup, especially in times of drought or floods.  You also have the choice, whether to defend your fields against floods, or to predict tomorrows weather and place your workers differently according to the weather.  So food is pretty complex but if it is dropping below 100, then you need to grow some more.  After a number of quiet days, you will find outlaws and wolves appear.  The game tells you that these should be defended against and a mixture of lookouts in the watchtower and defenders in the guardhouse is an absolute must.  At some point, you will need to take the fight to the wolves and outlaws, its part of your game mission after all.  All the other buildings do various things for you, but your first play through will probably consist of discovering what they do.  there is a range of probabilities and while in general more workers are better, the relationship of benefit to workers in a building is not always a straight line.  It is up to the player to find out whether say, 10 workers in the church is twice as good as 5, or whether 10 workers in the tavern is twice as good as 5, or whether 10 workers in the cottages is twice as good as 5, etc.  Should I get more than 100 villagers?  yes, but this does take time, press "a" on the east road and see what it says.  So after you have took charge of your food production and defended against attack, you can put some workers to drive your economy, or to unlock game content.  Brings us to the question of how to find stone and lumber.  The answer, cryptically, is there is NPC characters in the game who know where these things are.  Once you find the characters, they will unlock extra game tiles that you can then visit.  The game intro refers to doing quests for the witch, she is one of those characters.  There was a question about a staff and a ring, and the question was well asked,  clearly a staff or a ring must be found, before you can upgrade such a magic item.  Sometimes you have to unlock part of the story to know what to look for.  There are deliberate hints in the game, but clearly, you must put workers in the right location, but sometimes they also need to know they are looking for something.  Your second or third game will be easier than your first, You will most definitely have to move your workers around somewhat to minimise bad events and maximise opportunities.  if I have got the game balance right, the knowledge you gain will help you to progress through the difficulty levels.  The river merchant sells a book on village management and another on dragon lore.  Hope this helps getting started.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2018-10-03 18:24:14

spoilers

anyone knows where to get the ring and the staff of that witch? please pm me  or  post it here if you know, thanks

2018-10-03 18:26:24

@61 i could do that, but my english is a little, you know what.

2018-10-03 18:29:10

hi, I also think this would be a great game for a translation. Is it possible to add such a feature?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-10-03 20:22:52

Dragon village 1.1 a small update, is now on my website.  It has 2 bug fixes, one with the merchant menu, and one with the z key.  It has several typos correctorised.  It also has a hotkey for quickly resetting your workforce, thankyou IronCross for this suggestion.  Unfortunately at this point, I don't think translations are possible.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2018-10-04 07:39:31

Is it possible to update the game without downloading it again, also can you make an online multiplayer mode available so that we can raid other villages and make clans?

2018-10-04 08:32:35

Hi Rocky Waters!
Realy very nice game!
I got a little sugestion for a better control.
I think i would be useful to use tab to circle through all the places where you have workers. And if you press delete or backspace you could get back the workforce of them.
I think, this would speed up the management a little cause you can transfer a little faster with a better overview. And you dont have to create everything from scratch.

2018-10-04 08:50:41

yes, an online version would be nice for this game

2018-10-04 14:39:47

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
where do you find  the ring and the goat of that which?
end
of
spilers

2018-10-04 15:56:57

high guys, please if you can make a walk through for this game. rocky i can't understand what are you saying but i can play this game if it has walk through

2018-10-04 16:30:35

If you go in the game and press F1, a notepad window will open up with the instructions on how to play in it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-04 17:10:18

Ugh, the last thing we need is yet another single player game with a tacked on multiplayer system who's sole point is to grief other players.  Why does everyone here always suggest a random multiplayer thing put onto a bunch of projects.  Most likely the game was not entirely designed with multiplayer in mind, and things would go odd.  As well, this is a turned base game, how would an attack even go through if you had to wait on your opponent to finish their turn?  If your suggestion that one should have their game interrupted to protect their village, than congrats, you made the game more annoying then fun for people trying to lay out workers as they might need to start over right after winning their defense.

Just go play Lords and Knights if you want to raid other people, don't ruin a fun little story game with tacked on garbage like that, there are others that can scratch that empire raiding thing, and were designed for that format exclusively.

Anyway, going to try to give this thing a shot.  Fully expect for my population to combust into flames by day 7 knowing how I tend to do in these things... which is really badly.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2018-10-04 18:43:23

Vazbol, head nailed! Thumbs up! :-)
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2018-10-04 19:07:37 (edited by stewie 2018-10-04 19:11:16)

Spoilery problems
I'm getting to day 50 or so on the easiest difficulty and still struggling. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong. I think the main thing that frustrates me is how many people the wolves can just take from your village without you able to do anything about it, even if I have 20 villagers guarding. Also I don't find jewels either in the woods or river unless I have at least 10 people assigned to them and often that's not an option given the wolves and food problems. I wish the weather had more of a pattern to it also, I managed to get three days of flood in the last game that got through even with 10 workers at the dike.
end spoilers

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-10-04 20:10:44

The sounds them selves are nice and unique from each other, and aren't reused from other audio games thank god, but I do wish they were better quality.
Some of the ambience for instance sound like they were recorded on an early 2000s cellphone or camcorder.
Check out the list of sound sites in the off topic room, and you'll find plenty of easy to use, good resources.
Even freesound in this case is full of quality content, you just need to cut out a good loop.
I notice that space invaders suffers from bad sound quality as well, and it's kinda sad. I mean I'm all for those home made ship sounds to make things unique and to give your game it's own flavor, but the explosions, weapon sounds especially the reloads (I still don't get that, using a metal step from swamp for a reload sound?  ROFL!) ETC could be improved massively with a couple hours of searching and basic editing, if not less.
Good gameplay is obviously more important, but when it can be done, in audio games especially, it should be, the time spent doing that pails in comparison to the time spent coding, and it just seems silly to handycap your game like that with all the great free resources available.