2018-10-02 13:08:53

2 minor bugs.  If you scrub your game without exiting, the merchant menu is not refreshed, simply save and exit and come back into the game.  Secondly, there is a keyboard helper on function key F4 that tells you what each key does in the game, for some reason while in the keyboard helper the z key is broken and will give a fatal error.  Let me know any other bugs and I will do a dragon village 1.1 update. The screen resolution can be changed for the game, if you change your screen resolution and relaunch the game, it will automatically pick this up.  I always go for a full screen approach, but if folks want an option to resize the window, I will consider this for the future.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2018-10-02 13:14:48

another rocky water game?very good
i'll try it

2018-10-02 13:25:56

interesting. This time another window titled themida came up with a dialog saying can not locate common.dll, please reinstall this program. Very strange.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-10-02 13:47:08

so how to talk to the witch. and how would i get stones and beams. there must be something I'm missing. but I really do enjoy this game.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2018-10-02 13:47:24

glad people are liking the game. I got a brief sneak peak at it last week (hay that rhymes), and its awesome!

One thing I will say is that the difficulties change quite a bit. I began playing on relaxing and was finding it too easy, so then went to interesting and found it, mmmmm  interesting big_smile.

For merchant names, jolly Roger is fun but it makes him sound more like a pirate than a tradesman big_smile.

The old Eamon games used to have a merchant called Sam slicker, so how about something like that? Maybe Simon Shyster, Garry Gouger or Sam Swindles.

Alternatively you could have a name based on a pun such as Bill o'sale, Robin good, or Jim damony big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-10-02 15:28:48

hi is this is a long or short game? does it also have music? be interested to hear someone playing it. is it a small area to explore or quite a large world?

2018-10-02 16:26:59

ausumn game! congrats and good luck.

Yours kindly

2018-10-02 17:00:55

regarding speaking to the witch/etc, spoilers
after a certain number of days you get events, such as people showing up and other story events. The witch, wood cutting and quarrying options open up over time.
end spoilers

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-10-02 17:06:46 (edited by stewie 2018-10-02 17:08:34)

I'm liking the game so far, though there are a
few bugs.

• If you select play game from the menu while a game is paused, it will often ask you to select a difficulty and restart your game. I feel like this should resume the game if you already have one.

• If you lose the game, it takes you to the main menu. If you hit escape, you can still resume playing on the next day.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-10-02 17:15:11

@stewie I'm pretty sure the story events like new people coming to town aren't actually just based off time... in my experience it only happens if there are people hanging out at the tavern. But, maybe I'm wrong. The game hasn't even been out a day, after all.
One thing I will say though is a spelling thing that's really bothering me... lol villages when it should say villagers, especially in the status reports.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-10-02 17:35:44

@26  my monitor is  720p but my gpu   supports higher than that, so that means if i don't change the resolution to 720p  my pc freezes a bit when i alt tab.  issue is for every game. usually games like this have a way to change your resolution but i can't see any options menu here

2018-10-02 18:16:34

Stewie, the program assumes you are starting a fresh game if you do not have any workers assigned and are on day 1.  This was put in so that a totally new player who hit escape on the main menu would still get a game, rather than just a map.  Has the consequence for a player who hits escape straight away to get back to the main menu, programming seems to do this sort of quirky thing to me, fix one issue and a logic puzzle attacks me.  Similarly after you die, you can relaunch the same game, and die all over again.  I left this in so folks could check the ongoing story, or the previous days events, but logically it makes little sense.  Hopefully the explanation helps, as I am going to leave these quirks as they are until my brain recovers, which could be a while.

2018-10-02 18:20:47

Ah, makes sense.

How is the outlaw attacking calculated? Even with 20 guards outlaws often break through my defenses starting out, even on the relaxing difficulty. Yet I've fended off large numbers with 2 to 1 ods.

2018-10-02 18:30:40

150th day, and i finished the game, dont know how it is but, i recovered so many times, my last recover from the 40 peasants and 0 food lol

2018-10-02 18:31:23

So one thing I find extremely annoying is that you have to unallocate everyone from things you want to change things around. So I'm doing twice the things I would normally have to do if I got a clean slate and had to assign everything from scratch. I can understand people not liking to have to reassign everything all the time, especially if they basically want to do the same thing, but ecould we get a key press that would clear all the workers' assignments and let you redo them?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-02 18:44:28

Stewie, the attacks, like everything else, has a range of probabilities.  It is sort of up to the player to figure out the risk.  Not all tiles work the same of course.  The watchtower has up to 4 workers, and 4 will give a more accurate estimate than 3 or 2 or 1 watcher.  The text will give you a good indication, for example 4 will tell you they are almost certain x number of outlaws will attack tomorrow.  the game gives many textual hints to the maths, which is why I am not going to answer exactly how the calculation is done.  The weather forecasters on the other hand, know exactly how good they are, and even tell you their probability of being right or wrong.  Smiles, wondering why I find that amusing.

2018-10-02 18:51:26

So yeah, one thing that seems to happen every time I launch the game is that another window pops up in edition to the dragon village window, called themida. It will sometimes generate an error about the common.dll I mentioned earlier, then after clicking that the dragon village window displays fatal error. Very, very strange. This is after running as adminastrator as well.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-10-02 19:18:10

I think themida is like some sort of DRM package.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-02 20:01:49

Hello folks! Rocky, congrats on the title, I managed to beat the game today and can safely say that even the relaxed difficulty offers a descent chanllenge for those not acquainted to this kind of game. Best title I've played of this genry.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-10-02 21:15:05

Hi!
Please, how to get rubies and gems in this game?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-10-02 21:56:28

Stirlock, The common.dll file is part of your operating system, and it is not one I have supplied.  Doing a check on-line this file is likely to be corrupted and possibly corrupted by malware on your system.  MalwareBytes is good at this sort of thing, its free and accessible, also I have been recommended a free 30 day trial of HitManPro.  Also do a virus check.  After that it is possible to repair the file with a system file check.  Put the following line into a command line prompt, exactly as shown:
sfc /scannow

2018-10-03 00:51:07

@45 have you unlocked the gems and rubies?

if so then the story gives you a pretty strong clue where to find them.

if not I really don't want to give out spoilers especially so soon but somebody in this topic has already kind of touched on it.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-03 01:05:13

Does anyone know where one would find the witch's toad? If it actually has anything to do with the river at all I'm coming up empty, lol I've left people everywhere on the map and just spammed like 10 days, no dice.

2018-10-03 01:25:02 (edited by SirBadger 2018-10-03 01:31:45)

lol that one's trixy.

slight spoiler, think about what she said.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-03 01:35:18 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-10-03 01:43:00)

I already forgot. tongue Can't review quest text either... but I am now out of ideas, I blanketed the entire damn town in people, still no go.