2018-09-29 06:26:28

I personally think that the game is good. I believe that the developers will be doing more with this game.
Remember one of the developers said in a earlier post that they are working on the android version so that it can get release. It was also mention that they will be doing more with the game after the release of the android version.

2018-09-29 06:38:44

I wrote this in a review but I can't honestly tell if it posted or not. I rated it 4 stars and I like the game. Here are a few things I would like to see though. My biggest complaint is that it starts out too slow. My suggestion to combat this is per every 5 levels starting out up to a certain amount, then per 10 past this, have a base speed increase, that means that you start a bit faster. Until the game actually picks up the pace, I am bored, only really feeling that excitement when things are flying at me left and right and I'm running fast.
A second issue I have is that the quests are so simple most of the time, now I"m not high in the game just yet because I honestly haven't played for a long time, but a lot of those goals could be made in a single run and there would be more of a challenge to it. OK, for the first goal that requires a score, it's 6,000 points in total, now that isn't hard, but to do that in the level you are when you get that would be, so make it something like 3,000 or something like that. The jump X amount of times and slide X amount of times, I don't really understand, but OK, just make that in a single run and we're golden.

One gripe I have is that my swipes aren't always being counted and it causes unneeded deaths at stupid points because I make the motion to get out of the way and it just doesn't register. Since I don't have this issue with my phone in general, or in other aps, I am forced to conclude the game is having issues detecting my swipes. I don't really know what to say here other than it does happen and its extremely annoying.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-09-29 08:46:47

we have been testing the Android version the last couple of days and will sent it to google for review.
so hopefully it will be up for our android users on Playstore next week ( as promised).

thx for all your suggestions to make the game better.
Rate us, review us, thats the only way to keep developers at work

all the best Hansjörg from FEER

2018-09-29 14:15:12

While I agree the slowness of the speed at the start of each run is something of a come down, I'm not sure if I'd want an automatic speed increase since eventually you'd always be playing at hyper speed, which you might not want to do all of the time. It might be nicer to have a speed toggle in settings, call it something like "intensity"

You could even have quests tied to that, EG get 3000 points on high intensity, either that or tie speed to something like environment to create different types of game as I said earlieR.

As regards quests, to be honest I personally like the variety in quests and the different things you need to do to complete them.
I will admit some harder quests might be nice, for example quests to get through a certain number of zombies without missing a single light, or quests to change lanes a certain number of times in a single run which force you to play differently, and after all if people could not complete a given quest there would always be the option of collecting enough lights to skip.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-09-29 15:23:32

The switching lanes quests are easy to cheese; when the game is just starting out you can usually switch 40-50 times before it starts getting hairy, sometimes much more.

I agree that an automatic speed increase should, if anything, be a toggle, else you're playing on hyper speed all the time, and that'll essentially mean it's harder to get high scores.

I can also report the same behaviour about swiping. The game appears to lag just the slightest bit even when voice-over is turned off, so if I swipe left when I'm in a zombie's face, I usually die because the game takes an eighth of a second or so to register the input. This doesn't seem to happen with jumping as often though, but ducking and dodging for whatever reason sometimes don't work. I've swiped what felt like straight down, only to die to a raven because I heard the sound of a lane change implying that I swiped left or right instead. A bit of an annoyance.

Good work on the android version though. I'm glad this isn't a one-and-done project.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-09-29 16:27:20

Other than when using weapons, I've not had the issue of one type of swipe being mistaken for another myself accept when the phone isn't quite positioned correctly, but I have noticed a slight lag especially when going from a duck to a swipe left or right, though I am not sure if that lag is due to the game, or just due to the fact that swiping is a slightly longer action to perform than tapping.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-09-29 21:10:41

Well regarding speed, I think a faster speed might be good, not necessarily the fastest you can go, either that or the time it takes to speed up to full is lessened. Running that slow at the start is really boring. As regards the lane changing, jumping and sliding quests, this can be done very very easily at the start as @80 suggests, so they're not really challenging.

I've noticed the swipe lag too and I don't know what that's all about, it's not horrendous, it's just there. It has killed me, but more of what kills me in regards to what I would call touch screen errors are swipes just plain not working at all. Like no sound, no movement, it's almost as if I didn't even swipe when I did. I've experienced this with lane changing, jumping, and sliding.

The weapon I honestly don't use because it's a good way to die foolishly. You go chasing zombies and it doesn't work, which I've honestly seen happen, or it gets to you before the weapon works, or you misjudge the time it takes for them to get to you and you die. If a zombie is in the same lane as me, I'll shoot it, else, I don't bother because I've died more trying to shoot them than I have if I just leave well enough alone. Also I'm not quite sure of shooting them gives a bonus. If so, I'd probably be willing to risk it more often, if not, its not really worth it.

I would estimate my deaths caused by game issues are probably a bit more than a third of my total deaths. It honestly happens a lot for me. I'm pretty good to go, and while I'm not great by any stretch, I can usually survive a box in attempt or something. But when I die of hands or ravens at moderate speed or something like that because I swiped up and my char did not jump or swipe down and he didn't slide, yeah its a bit annoying. The times when I feel the lane changing swipe issues happen worst are when you're moving fast, because you usually don't get another chance. I've taken to repeating the swipe up and down gestures multiple times in quick succession to make sure it works. I can't always do that with lane changing since I might walk into another one while trying to avoid his brother on the left.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-09-29 22:50:09

I haven't actually seen much of swipes not working... my only problem is how if you're say, on the left, a zombie coming from the right lane sounds exactly the same as a zombie in the center. Or at least it did last time I played, but I might be  going crazy.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-09-30 03:58:58

I've never had an issue with swipes literally not working, for me they tend to just be a trifle slow to register, especially when going from a duck to a lane change. I have noticed you need to be fairly precise as per direction of swipe, but that I didn't mind as much, since its usually solvable by putting the phone on a flat surface in front of you. The main problem I have tends to be with those weapons, since it seems the game has trouble distinguishing jumps or ducks from taps, that and the death sound for each zombie is a bit loud and sounds rather too much like the hands.
I do think there is a bonus for killing zombies, but usually I only use the weapon on zombies slap bang in front of me and don't change lanes to kill them unless I'm right at the start of a game and have lots of time since usually by the time I've done a change lane swipe and a  tap the zombie has arrived and I get munched.

One simple solution might be just to have the weapon activated by a two finger tap, that way you'd be less likely to activate it when you didn't want to. yes, this would be harder to activate, but it'd also mean you only used it when you really wanted to.

While I agree  on the slowness at the beginning of each run, as Jayde said that is always a good time to do some of the quest actions like jump in a given lane a set number of times as well as wrack up the lights (since when things get really! crazy you end up having to miss a few), which is another reason I'd prefer some sort of speed toggle or ability to change locations or other way to keep the current speed increase available as an option.

2018-09-30 05:36:32

I agree with post 83, as for all the other problems most of you seem to be having, like I said above, I must be one of the lucky ones.

2018-09-30 05:56:36

As for the weapon that'd be much better if it will be something more like a shotgun so if you'll shoot ahead it will spread and kill things on your left and right

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-09-30 16:53:17

Ah yeah that would be nice actually.

Yeah I don't get the swipe issues either unless its not really able to run effectively on my 7, which I kinda doubt, because the graphics don't look that intense. I can't really tell what's going on on the screen, it kinda looks monochrome. Also peeps with light perception can probably tell that the screen gets darker if you haven't got a light for a while, ten it snaps light again, and if you get a few lights close together, it will stay bright for longer. If you just get one light, it will get bright, but not fully bright and it will get darker faster. I think Smoke from BSG blog had a couple instances of swipes going amiss, we'll know more for sure when he posts his article / audio archive of the stream, which he actually might have already done.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-01 06:12:50

I think the background is supposed to be first person with you running through a forest and stuff  appearing in front of you. The more lights you have  brighter the light is in the centre, thus making it easier to see the enemies for sighted players, though for me I could just about see the light bouncing around, see it change according to changing lanes and see some of the colour changes, such as the lovely blood splatter when you die, but the enemies weren't really visible with my level of sight Still, the mobile phone screen is too small I've never used it for anything graphical anyway, though I am a little curious about what the enemies in the game look like.

As for the shotgun idea, I did think about that, but I'm not sure if it'd make the game too easy since you could just basically sit around and blast.
Maybe  multiple weapons or weapon upgrades or something? though I actually sort of like the idea that rather than going out and slaughtering the zombies you need to just run from them, it makes the atmosphere far more dangerous.

2018-10-01 08:56:07

I am really enjoying this game. Perhaps it's the best accessible casual game out there.

My only complain so far is... I cannot remember what each opwer up is suposed to do. It was explained during the tutorial, but now, while playing, I cannot recognize each power up with its corresponding sound. Perhaps a learn sounds menu category or an optional message saying: shield! or whatever could be the solution...

Any tips?

2018-10-01 10:29:12

Boosts should be fairly easy to identify, since once you pick one up you'll automatically charge forward like an express train mowing anything down in the way.
The four or so notes that play like a short fluting melody are the light doubler, the constant humming sound which occasionally spikes up in pitch is the shield, and the sound of many tones peppering off together, sort of like an electronic crackling is the weapon.

Hth.

2018-10-01 20:25:12 (edited by FEERtheGAME 2018-10-01 20:28:57)

here you find a sound library of the power ups
https://www.feer.at/index.php/en/help/w … -good-for/

@dark when the humming sound pitches up an enemy is in the critical area.

2018-10-02 07:15:50

Maybe the bought upgrades should do specific things (and for all I know, maybe they do).

Examples at the highest level:
Boost: While in boost mode, all enemies you pass by give some sort of further point multiplier bonus (I mean you're already invincible, after all, what else can you get?)
Weapon: Every time you tap, you kill all enemies on screen
Shield: You can take multiple hits (3?) while it is active, and you won't die
Light Doubler: While active, it will collect every light you hear, instead of you having to swerve into other lanes

This would be available only once you'd maxed out buying the upgrades, making them expensive but making power-ups far more worthwhile at the end of the day. I'd love to see something like this. My earlier idea of permanent extra abilities, while not terrible, is probably better adapted to this way.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-10-02 08:51:32

We appreciate you all like FEER.
We appreciate all your suggestions to make it a better game.
but
we appreciate most, if you would rate and comment it on the stores.
( only 5 people have to rate the game, then it shows up in the Appstore, US, UK people did their job, Australians, Canadians and Germans can do better)
best Hansjörg from FEER

2018-10-02 10:05:39

I like your upgrades idea there Jayde, though I would  suggest making the souped up versions have a higher price other than the upgrades to give you something to work for, EG once you'd got a level 5 shield time upgrade, you could then by the ability to take extra hits at an increasing cost, or once you'd got the level five weapon duration, you could pay for the ability to kill  either zombies in the lane beside you, or the lane across from you, ditto with points you might earn for zombies you slay with the boost.

2018-10-03 08:53:49

How do you reset the game without uninstalling and reinstalling game?

2018-10-06 18:27:33

Hi.
I have been extremely busy lately, so I haven't checked the forum for weeks. But I'm now back... smile
@Hansjörg:
Thanks for this totally amazing and crazy addicting game. I have never played such addicting game like this before. I already knew people would love the game then I tested the beta version. big_smile
I'm so excited to see the great improvements to the highscore. However, it seems like it wouldn't load the scoreboard. I look forward to add some friends.
Thanks for telling about the difference it makes when raiding and commenting a game on the stores. I didn't know it makes such big a difference. I will do that tonight, and share the game on Facebook as well.
I'll see if I can get some sighted friends to play the game as well. It would be interesting to hear what kind of visuals the game have when playing.
It would be great if there was an option to replay the tutorial. One of my friends who is not good at english has requested this, because he is having trouble by remembering the sounds and what to do. I might make a podcast about the game in Danish later on. My first goal is to get more players by massively sharing the game. big_smile
Keep up the fantastic development guys.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-10-06 20:47:59

Idea for the game: a 1-on-1 thing against a friend where you both play and the person who lasts the longest wins.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-10-07 10:34:53

Hi.
An idea for the future: Be able to change the theme in the game. The gameplay is extremely addicting, but kids might not like the horror theme, and the same for other people as well. It's not the theme which is cool but the gameplay. So maybe consider more themes in the future to get more people to play the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-10-09 10:14:01

FEER is nominated for "Game of the Year 2018" at the Futurezone Awards.
Big thanx to you all, you made us come that far

2018-10-09 23:24:03

This game kneeds a way to run faster. Tired of doing 10 minute runs just for a score like 200000.