2018-09-26 04:31:40

Hi,
So I just noticed this, actually. The thumbs up link seems to be gone. I do remember this happening in the past, and it came back eventually, but I thought I'd bring attention to it all the same, just to see what's going on there.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-09-26 05:40:50

It's showing up for me on Safari. I know things sometimes disappear if the site tries to save space for a smaller window, but it seems kinda inconsistent about this. If you're on Windows, have you tried maximizing the browser window?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-09-26 12:25:10

I see it on chrome, over here...

2018-09-26 12:35:25

gave you a thumnbs  up, and it worked

2018-09-26 13:07:20

whats safari?

CAE_Jones wrote:

It's showing up for me on Safari. I know things sometimes disappear if the site tries to save space for a smaller window, but it seems kinda inconsistent about this. If you're on Windows, have you tried maximizing the browser window?

2018-09-26 15:27:23

Showing up on latest FF here, too. Oh and for some reason I was apparentlyy able to give thumbs up while not logged in? I swear that used to be hidden from guests? I thought if a guest hit the thumbs up it made them log in?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-09-26 16:42:22

Okay, firstly as regards turtlepower's question about user karma not showing up. I have seen this before and its usually caused by a problem with the browser window, usually either maximising the window or altering your zoom level is enough to fix it.
Its certainly showing up on Chrome.

Secondly, in terms of guests and the thumbs up. I just logged out myself and checked. The thumbs up link does appear to guests, but clicking on it does nothing.
I wonder if this has been an update to the forum version? Either wayy hopefully its not a problem.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-09-26 18:32:15

Yes, Chrome has this annoying habit of occasionally not starting maximized, despite the fact that I try to keep it that way. It's fixed now. Thanks for the responses. If no one has any other problems within the next day or so, I'll probably remove this topic, just to avoid confusion.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-09-26 18:32:57

Shows up here on Internet Explorer.

2018-09-26 19:01:36

@mahdi safari is a web browser