2018-09-22 22:38:21

Hi guys. I need some help. I want to develop a small arcade game, but I was wondering if some people could join and help with the project. I am tired of seeing almost no major releases throughout the entire year. I think together, we might be able to produce something truly great.  I will create a Skype group if that’s fine with you guys. I will not discuss ideas here, but, my goal is to develop something that will be extremely addictive. It’s very simplistic, don’t worry. Also, I have no knowledge of programming. Thanks. Send me a private message if you would like to join, with your Skype name

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-09-22 23:11:55 (edited by pauliyobo 2018-09-22 23:13:43)

post 1.
What will be your role in the game development part? Sound designer, or just the person who would give ideas?
Do you seek for particular requirements?
And I sent you a PM

Paul

2018-09-22 23:16:32 (edited by RTT entertainment 2018-09-22 23:20:45)

Thanks, I would be the guy who develops the lore. I would also give ideas and help with sound design. Basically, I would help where ever I can. Thanks. The only requirements are that you know a little at least about developing games, it doesn’t have to be advance, but at least being able to know how they work would help.

2018-09-23 17:18:02

*sighs*

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-09-23 17:34:37

amen @4......

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2018-09-23 20:57:52

ah man fuck at 4 and 5 what is wrong with post 1?
atleast he is not like the others who says they know how to program or code, and he is honest.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-09-23 23:12:39

Okay guys, what exactly did I do now? I am only asking for a little help, I’m not asking for people to give me an entire lesson on programming.

2018-09-24 08:47:14

@7, you didn't do any thing wrong, these people are just being negative. ignore them
good luck with the game you want to make

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-09-24 08:54:28

@8 yup.

2018-09-24 12:57:57

hi, I can join and help you

2018-09-24 13:08:47

ahahha, totaly agree with you ironcross
tired  of seeing those kinds of things in the dev forum

2018-09-24 17:05:10

No. I'm not. Dudes. Making a game development team shouldn't be done always by a programmer. A game development team consists of a lot of different members, Some being programmers, Some being sound designers, some being graphic designers, Which in hour  case(audio games), that could be the map creators, etc. Of course he can be a map creator if that game's going to be an fps or something that has maps, And of course programmers should teach him how it'll work, Because they'll program the map creator and they determin its sintax. So in y opinion it's not a problem. Maybe he'll get a fiew programmers and sound designers and they'll go ahead and make a good thing.
at RTT entertainment: What i can suggest you is to get the best ones of they type you're gonna get. Like get the best programmers and best sound designers out of the requests you get.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-09-24 17:34:13

Thanks for those people who are supportive. To all the others, at least I’m being honest and trying to get some help. I’m tired of seeing the market being flooded by the same type of game over and over again. I have an original idea. But what ever, your choice.

2018-09-24 19:44:29 (edited by mahdi-abedi 2018-09-24 19:46:00)

i'm sorry, how your title is the tetris Monster master

2018-09-24 19:51:52

Right, depending on the type of game being developed, there is more than just programming involved with making a game.  How many programmers here are actually good with crafting a story around a more RPG or episodic game?  As well, how many programers are also good at managing members of the team, setting schedules for everyone to meet, and organize meetings to discuss future progress of the game?   

If you haven't noticed, some large publishers run the same kind of format.  They provide money and the ideas, and teams follow suit with a game that works.  Teams consist of marketing, programers, sound designers, graphics artists, writers, voice actors, and whatever other role comes to mind.   

The OP is at least not saying he wants to go on full dictatorial manager.  He's willing to write the lore and script of the game, which depending on the type of game, can get involved.  However, I actually suggest the OP to have work done onto the game before asking people on here for help.  You need to have proof on what you are willing to do, and what direction the game should take.  At minimum, having an outline of the lore/story ready to present, along with major details of the game world programers will be working in.  If you have this already done, then start looking for people to help make this idea into a game.  If not, work on that first and see who will be interested afterwards.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2018-09-24 21:27:02 (edited by katil2008 2018-09-24 21:27:40)

I agree with @12 and @15 completely.
and @1, do not give up what are you doing.
I wish good luck to you! and hope to hear from you soon about news.

2018-09-25 04:08:19 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-09-25 04:13:17)

I think you should read the first 10 or so posts in here to have an idea before continuing. That said, I do think this idea is nice on its own but it does need more weight, it could have probably been better if you had put that you needed help with a certain thing like "creating enemies that move randomly across a created map in Python game, help". Or this proposition but worded differntly in the general game discussion room, like "wanting to start a management project for an audio game" and then describe exactly what you hope to achieve. That said, when you have a major plot or the addictive idea in mind, I will be happy to help out with music composing and sound design for any games, when needed, I am a musician.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…