2010-08-18 23:29:51 (edited by Ethin 2010-08-18 23:32:15)

Read this! Its funny. Just for a reminder, I am not a spambot.
Title: Volcanic Eruption Meets Lightning Storm

Two of nature's most spectacular forces produced an incredible brew in the skies of Chile as a volcanic eruption met a lightning storm. Tons of dust and ash from the eruption of the Chait n volcano poured into the night sky just as an electric storm passed overhead. The resulting collision created a spectacular sight as lightning flickered around the dust cloud amid the orange glow of the volcano.  Strange to realize the lightning is following the path of the metal ore dust in the plume making the plume tower conductive .......

The eruption was all the more spectacular because the Chait n volcano, 800 miles (1,290km) south of Santiago , has been dormant for hundreds - if not thousands - of years. The Patagonian volcano began erupting on Friday and the 12-mile-high plume has left vast tracts of land coated with a layer of ash.

[]

[]  

[]  

[]  

[]  

[]  

[]

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2010-08-19 08:08:51

cool

2010-08-20 13:01:34

wo. i hope no one got hurt. that must have been a site, a quite scary ye incredible site at that.