2017-07-31 18:28:47

Hello,
Is it possible to start talkback on bluestack which an android emulator for windows?

2017-07-31 19:49:34

Doubt it. The way I understand it, Bluestacks is like the wine of android. I e, it emulates a single app at a time. Your best bet would honestly be android x86 in a virtual machine.

2017-07-31 21:58:30

This is wrong. You can start talkback with sited help. Bluestacks is like running a fast virtual machine, it does not only emulate single applications.

2017-07-31 22:20:07

Actually, you can activate Talkback, but you must have sighted assistance near you, and what's more, you must install Google text-to-speech first from playstore, and then try turning on Talkback. We managed to activate it on my friend's laptop, and it worked reasonably well.

2017-08-01 06:42:00

My bad. Well, looks like you're in luck, but you'll definitely need sighted help as I doubt there's adb access enabled by default.

2017-08-01 22:06:50

hi,
If I install android on a vm, can I use talkback from start withouth sighted assistance?

2017-08-01 23:11:49

If you install it from scratch? Yes. If you use a preconfigured vm? No.

2017-08-02 05:29:49

How does one install android on their VM?

2017-08-02 08:25:05

Give me some links to the vms please.

2017-08-02 12:22:42

I've used android on virtual machines and I didn't like it. bluestacks Is much better, plus you can setup talkback once and for all and copy  the data folder for later use. you can even give it to others if they want it.

:)

2017-08-02 12:34:24

yes,  you can download  old version of talk back, ESpeak and google keyboard from this link. just install and tell some one to help you activate the talkback.

yon.ir/bluestaks

for me, i installed google text to speach engine and it was crashing all the time.

2017-08-02 15:53:49

That's because google tts generally doesn't work on x86 unless you get an x86 binary of it.

2018-09-17 07:45:56 (edited by Caccio72 2018-09-17 08:14:14)

Referring to post number 4 of this thread:

I have Bluestacks Android player installed, but, of course, so far it is unaccessible.

Could someone please explain step-by-step, what am I supposed to do, (with sighted assistence of course), in order to make it accessible?

What exactly to download, from where, how to install, and what to do next?

Namely, I intend to call a sighted computer-expert friend of mine to assist me, but I will still have to explain to him, what I actually want, intend to do, to perform, and in which way...

2018-09-17 08:04:59

it is, but you'll have to download talkback from another website  or  install it on google play to prevent enabling their stupid accessibility and you also have to install google text to speach   pico tts sucks

2018-09-17 08:06:40

forgot to say, bluestacks 3 doesn't have talkback   which you have to install it yourself, but if you use older versions of bluestacks which is recommended you can activate it without needing to install it

2018-09-17 08:19:26

Wait, is it this simple?
I only need to download, and install some older Bluestacks version, without adding anything to it, and without performing any additional modifications or operations?

Hell, I can do that without a sighted help even...IF it's really this simple...

2018-09-17 08:35:09

no no i was replying to first post only. tell me what version of bluestacks you have

2018-09-17 09:10:32

Well you need a sighted help to enable talk back because you have to go to settings, accessibility as you know. I remember I could install applications on bluestacks just by pressing enter multipal times on the APK file hahah. The bad thing about bluestacks is that it needs a good hardware. Well i didn't have a very good one that time. It might be improved in later versions because it was a long time ago that i was using it.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-09-17 09:30:58

No, I have no experience at working with apps at all, desktop computers were always enough to me, so they are the only ones I have knowledge to handle.

As for my Bluestacks version, it's of course the newest one, which I downloaded directly from the product's home-page, but I doubt finding, and downloading any older version would mean a problem to me, if that will make my job easier.

2018-09-17 10:14:47

well you need to download talkback and google text to speach, install them,  it's easy just press enter on the file, then you need someone to click on settings,  go to accessibility and enable talkback and you are ready to go

2018-09-17 10:34:24 (edited by afrim 2018-09-17 10:37:02)

@Caccio72, I apologise for having not seen your post number 13 where you ask for my help on setting up talkback on Bluestacks.
What you will need to do first is to install bluestacks on your computer. Once installed, you will need a Google account to use with it (sighted assistance is required at this stage).
After having successfully linked your Google account to Bluestacks, open your browser on your computer and search for Playstore on Google. Connect with the Google account you're using on Bluestacks, and then install Google text-to-speech. Make sure the application is installed by keeping Bluestacks open as well as following the installation procedures of Google that appear on your browser. Follow the same procedures with Talkback and remember to keep bluestacks open while instaling the application.
After having installed both Google Text-to-Speech and Google Talkback, open settings and go to language and input where you should check if Google text-to-speech is loaded. Listen to a sample of it as you do on your Android device, and if everything is correct, go to settings> accessibility, and enable talkback. It should speak right away.
If, however, Google Text-to-Speech does not work, consider installing a third-party TTS which will hopefully resolve the problem. The issue is that Talkback might be turned on, but it won't detect a text-to-speech installed. If you face this problem, you might also try selecting Google text-to-speech as the default TTS with Talkback enabled.
Most of the time, you will need to navigate with the four directional keys, namely up and down, left and right arrows whereby left and right are the equivalents of swiping left or right on your touch screen device, and up and down arrows are used to scroll up and down through a list. Tab doesn't work reliably most of the time. Enter is used to activate an item. In addition, you can also try some of the keyboard shortcuts found on Android. They used to work when I had Bluestacks installed on my computer.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

2018-09-17 20:01:18

Woww, many thanks, this last reply is just what I was hoping for!

I already installed, and linked Bluestacks with my Google account, with a minimal sighted help of my mom, who has as little as no computer knowledge, LOL!
The newest version of Bluestacks that is, as I mentioned.

Now the only thing I have to do is, to follow the rest of the instructions!

2018-09-18 05:53:11 (edited by Caccio72 2018-09-18 05:59:03)

Ok, so let's start with the "work".

Again, I hope having the newest Bluestacks version installed won't cause any problems,, your previous posts have confused me a bit regarding that matter, I can still download and install an older version, I even know how to properly uninstall the current one, I have downloaded the uninstall executable for it, and already used it once, since I failed to configure the program right for the 1st time, meaning linking it to my Google account.

2018-09-18 06:11:54

After you got talkback setup, you can copy the configuration files for later use.

2018-09-18 07:31:44 (edited by Caccio72 2018-09-18 07:34:07)

Ok, I reached to the point where you told me to enter my settings, and check if both applications were successfully installed, then activate talkBack.

Which settings do you mean?

Those of my google-account, at the google-play page?

I entered the settings there, but it only lists my old, prehistoric mobile phone, since I have given its number once, way back.
Could not detect any language or accessibility setting there either.

I also entered my account, but there is only my visa-card listed there.

According to the instructions, I did install both the text to speech and the talkBack successfully...but it seems I cannot find them.

Or should I try to enter my settings inside the Bluestacks emulator?
(I still have it running, as you instructed, it was running all the time)

So...what to do now?