Essentially what the title says.  Redownloaded Warsim to play around with the new features, and now my screenreader is not responding to it.  I start the Warsim.exe file, music starts playing, and well, nothing else.   I feel as if I'm missing something important to do to get it working, but I have honestly forgotten, and cannot seem to find instructions on the main topic.

Thumbs up

HM, well you need to be in object navigation mode, and maximizing the window is probably a good idea too.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

any time a console app won't read in NVDA, its because report dynamic content changes is turned off, hit NVDA 5 on the main number row to switch it on and all will be good.

The bipeds think this place belongs to them, how cute.

Thumbs up +4

thumbs up to post 3, i was about to say that

Thumbs up +1

use numpad keys 7 8 9 to  read line by line     and turn report dynamic changes on by pressing insert +5

Thumbs up +1

Thanks everyone, turns out dynamic content changes was off as suggested here.   I probably turned that off by accident a while ago when messing with other things.   A few other applications like Stonesoup also work after seeing if other applications work (Including my stats software, phew).   Now to explore the new changes in this thing.

Thumbs up

7 (edited by defender 2018-09-16 20:51:48)

You can also use insert/caps up and down to read lines.
And thanks Ironcross and Omar, I somehow did not think of that at all.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

only in laptop mode I think those keystrokes work. In the desktop mode, insert up is repeat current, and insert down is say all. Also maybe in the objpad addon, I don't use that thing.

The bipeds think this place belongs to them, how cute.

Thumbs up

it's num 7 and 9 for me

Thumbs up