2018-09-15 09:19:07

I'm talking about the one after all the sensors and electricity hazzards.

Bar, bar, bar...
Bar is my name and to go bar is my aim...
Sometimes I'll go "Bad bar",
But in the end its always bar, ahem beer, ahem bar! beer bar!

Thumbs up

2018-09-15 10:06:23

You get out the way you got in, but you must destroy everything except the electricity hazards. If you're not sure what I'm referring to, stand half way between two hazards and look up.

2018-09-15 11:59:56

Does anybody have any tips for 28? This is the only one so far that I've been attempting over and over again but can't figure it out. There seems to be an impassable wall at the stairs, and if I jump I either end up going down at -1 co-ordinates (which never ends), or falling down and losing a life.

Thanks.

Thumbs up

2018-09-15 12:48:59

Hi
I Don't realy understand the level 20.
I bought the parachute, I get the first checkpoint, I go up, I use the parachut to go down, and I get the both checkpoint. but at the right, there are a wall and left too.
How to do? What Do I do?

Thanks

Thumbs up

2018-09-16 01:47:08

Hey

@connor, you do not need a timebomb to get through the wall. You need to go back the other way.

As for the patch, it's coming very soon. Hopefully today.

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

2018-09-16 01:51:51

The only reason I'm not uploading patches as quickly as we'd like is that my internet connection is not great so I'd like to fix as many bugs as I can before releasing so as  need to upload so many patches.

2018-09-16 01:58:52

i'm suck in level 30,  don't know what to do when i killed the monster can throw rocks.

Thumbs up

2018-09-16 02:39:50

@connor, if you would like I can help you with the walkthrough. I know it's just about completed, but it sounds like you're kinda frustrated with the game so I thought I'd offer to help at least check the walkthrough and add to it if you missed something. PM me if you're interested.

@quasar:
Have to agree with you that level 9 is the best level in the game. 7 is the hardest, 9 is the coolest, with 11 close behind, though I still don't know a safe way to get past the long rope at the end. On Mason's TBRN stream he just drank potions to get to over 1000 hp and jumped up the rope like a madman, but I wonder if there is a calculative approach i.e. know what heights the bolders are, and use swords to kill birds on your way up. It would be a little more fun and less cheap, at any rate. I'll give it a shot later tonight probably. Also, I enjoy the levels with monsters for some reason, especially the puzzle piece level, and level 30 is a real trip. I'll enjoy it even more when you can pass the level smile.

For everyone having problems with level 20:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
You should buy a parachute from the shop when you enter the level. You will also need 15 time bombs. In the shop you should be able to get more but there is supposedly a bug that prevents this; Mason will hopefully be fixing it soon. So that means you need to have gotten 15 time bombs from level 10. Not impossible, but definitely not easy either!
What you need to do in level 20 is take the maglev up to height 1000 and fall off the platform. When you are below height 100, use the parachute to fall and hit the ground safely, or if you have I think 5000 HP you can survive the fall big_smile.
Once you hit the ground, walk right to the wall and plant 15 time bombs. You can do them all at once, you don't have to do them one at a time. Just be sure to back away to I believe 7 squares or more after planting them, or you'll get hurt in the explosions. The time bombs will blow out the wall (the wall is 15 spaces wide and each time bomb will blow out one space, hence why you need 15 of them). And time bombs can't be used to blow out any other walls in the game, so their only purpose is for this level, so far as I know. Once the wall is destroyed, I don't remember the rest of the level being hard but I can't remember specifics at the moment.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

Thumbs up

2018-09-16 03:19:39

Hey guys

You asked, we listened. #TH 1.0.2 released, fixing level 30 among other things. http://masonasons.me/th.php

Not everything is done yet.

2018-09-16 05:41:55

Hey.

I just corrected the link in post 1. It was linking to an outdated demo.

2018-09-16 05:51:33

Hi again.

A lot of people are saying that the game is overpriced. We agree to a point, and as a result, the final price of the game is $17.99! Enjoy and keep hunting!

2018-09-16 08:09:17

Man, just want to say, thanks for the update on level 7. I still keep dying on it so far, but at least it's my own dumbness that's responsible. Fun game, bought it last week and was still trying a couple of times every day to pass lvl 7, even though the farthest I'd ever gotten was the second forcefield in the river, very occasionally. Now I got past all of that to the checkpoint once, but when I went back to hit the checkpoint I got killed.

You might want to tinker with the updater a bit. For me it put up some HTML code with a 404 about a description, and when I hit yes to download, the program went away, but something kept saying "finished". Eventually the zip got downloaded and I unzipped it and all was well, but some kind of dialogue with progress or such might be helpful, unless there is one and my system just isn't displaying it, which is entirely possible.

Good game, I'm really having fun with it in spite of the initial lvl 7 frustrations. I'm really glad to hear you're listening to feedback and taking that into account too, it seems like it's making it an even better game. I heard about it on Liam's Youtube channel and then came ehre and checked out the demo, and then checked out some of Liam's playthrough. BTW I think my one critique would be about swords.

Sometimes they kill lots of things in the direction you throw them, sometimes they only kill one or two things, and sometimes I hear enemies in range, I'm running towards them and throw it, and it just makes the swishing noise like I threw it in a direction with no enemies. That might be me messing up of course, but just in case, I thought I'd mention it, though I guess others have too.

Thumbs up

2018-09-16 10:04:51

You're almost there with the bolder! It isn't slowed down as much as some people would probably like, but the edge has been taken off. You're at a point in the chase where you can gain considerable ground on it. Jumping can especially help you here, as well as in the earlier parts of the level.

Remember when you use a weapon, be sure you're facing in the direction you want to use it. Your direction changes as you run i.e. if you run right, you'll be facing right and the sword will hit things on the right. I sometimes prefer though to stand still and change my direction to hit enemies. To change direction without moving, use alt with the arrow keys. Later in the game, being aware of the direction you're throwing a weapon can be very important to avoid needlessly wasting weapons.

Thumbs up

2018-09-16 10:21:02

The bug of falling in level 28 has been fixed in the latest update - thanks, Mason. Does anybody have any tips on this? Both left and right sides seem to have walls that can't be jumped over, and if you do you fall and die.

Thumbs up

2018-09-16 15:30:41 (edited by musicalman 2018-09-16 15:31:33)

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
Level 28 is like a big rectangle. GO to the corners of the grid to find wooden stairs that lead to various items. The portal is in the middle, iirc it's around 50, 140, though it is guarded. There is no need to do fancy maneuvering with walls; if you hit one, you're probably in one of the alcoves with items and you just have to find your way out the way you came in.

Thumbs up

2018-09-16 19:16:11

@Musicalman - thanks for this, can't believe I missed it!

Am I right in thinking that the traps in 29 serve some purpose? I've gone down to the ground, but when I go to the portal I'm missing the scrolls... but do have the keys!

Thumbs up

2018-09-16 21:29:33

I've been listening to Liam playing this on his Youtube Channel (Shameless Plug,) so just bought it and am about to download the demo! As a big fan of BK3, I'm looking forward to this one! Long-Live Side-Scrollers!

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

Thumbs up

2018-09-17 00:46:26

Thanks KG4!

2018-09-17 01:16:44 (edited by musicalman 2018-09-17 01:18:32)

@Elliott: Respect the bears' lives and you will be rewarded. Killing them doesn't do you any favors.

Thumbs up

2018-09-17 13:15:12

Ok, so I've completed the game. I think it's just sad we can't save objects after levels when the game is completed. E.G if I buy arrows and rocks with 80 gold, after the level I'm back to 80 gold and no arrows.

Thumbs up

2018-09-17 15:04:43

How do you mean?

2018-09-17 17:29:48

It's similar to how once ya complete a game, like in Super Mario 3, ya start with all that ya had in the previous play through.

2018-09-17 18:22:44

@Musicalman - Thanks for this... but I'm still stuck! sad So... I get through the dropping platforms, kill the snakes and grab the keys. I then got through the bears without opening any traps... but there wasn't anything at the other end! Then, I came back and dropped through the gap, dashing to the other side. But again... nothing there! I noticed that the level portal was missing this time. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Thumbs up

2018-09-17 21:53:59

masonian wrote:

How do you mean?

If you use play level option and finish a level, everything you have picked up will not be saved. I I also tried to replay level 30 with the "continue" option and nothing was keeped too.

Thumbs up

2018-09-18 01:00:20

@elliott, use the traps by pressing d when you're near them. Make sure to get 'em all and just let the bears get trapped.

Thumbs up