2018-09-13 22:09:33

Hello there!

Do any of you own or have used a Kindle Fire? Did you like it? What were your experiences with it? Did you have any trouble with it's version of a screen reader? Or did you like it's version of a screen reader at all?

I'm asking because I found a Kindle Fire on sale and I'm thinking of buying it. While I still have to wait until January until I can get rid of this terrible IPhone and switch to an Android phone, I'd like to go ahead and stop using my phone and switch as much of what I tend to do over to a kindle as much as possible.

2018-09-13 22:36:14

I use a kindle fire but almost exclusively for reading only. do the basic tutorial for voiceover and you'll know how to work it for most things. As far as I kno the built-in stuff largely works but as far as I know I haven't found any games or anything or other apps that actually work well. But if you like to read, the kindle text to speech in the books section is pretty solid and I read on it almost all day every day.

2018-09-13 22:36:38

if anyone knows of any good kindle fire games that actually are accessible, please let me know.

2018-09-13 22:39:27

I don't really care about games. I tend to play most of my games on my computer or on an android phone when I can get it.

I mostly to see if I can do a lot of diffrent things on it. Youtube, etsy, dropbox. Those sort of things.

2018-09-14 04:32:26

then the answer is "yes" takes a little getting used to but the Fire is a pretty good machine for that sort of thing.