2018-09-13 16:40:02 (edited by omer 2018-09-13 16:40:23)

hello there,
i downloaded the itunes from the microsoft store, when i open it, it doesnt show the window or anything, i tryed evrything to show it , tryed maximysing the window, tryed navigating with the curserr, even tryed ocr.
i missed my old pal windows 7 tongue
is tehre anyone have a salution to this?
thanks!

2018-09-13 18:01:28

iTunes for windows is a piece of complete and utter shit. I don't have a solution for your problem unfortunately. For me, it shows the window just fine, but the program is clunky to navigate. It is often slow to respond, and while it doesn't crash, it is quite unfriendly to behold.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-09-13 18:42:14

Omer wrote:

how do you use the itunes with nvda on windows 10?

I don't. I battled with the thing for two solid years, but between the trees of doom, silly headings and Itunes ridiculously stupid system of retags and file transfers it was an uphill struggle.
In the end I just bought a Victor stream  which is my  portable books and music device and leave my Iphone for games and aps, and to be honest that would be my advice to anyone else as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-09-13 21:25:24 (edited by Chris 2018-09-13 21:27:21)

Try to uninstall and reinstall iTunes and all related components. Make sure you delete all the folders from your application data and program data folders. I believe everything is stored under a folder called Apple.

If you're using the Windows 10 store app, just remove and reinstall it. I don't know if the store version is accessible. However, considering that it's just the packaged desktop application, I don't see why it wouldn't be accessible.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-09-13 22:25:59

You might want to instal it from their website instead of the microsoft store? I don't know about nayone else but I find the microsoft store to be a righteous pain in the ass. Could be just my Dell that's causing the problem though.

Personally, I don't use ITunes at all. Heh, I'm more or less anti Apple anything these days but when I did use ITunes, I found the whole thing the worst exercise in frustration imaginable. Especially while using NVDA.

I think the worst part about using ITunes with NVDA is the random bouts of ITunes not wnating to be read by NVDA for a few moments and having to wait for NVDA to catch up so it can read it again.

2018-09-13 22:40:36

You say you got it from Microsoft Store? Is it the same application as the one found on the Apple website? Microsoft Store apps simply won't suit my needs. Nothing can come close to the desktop experience.

2018-09-13 22:59:02

Sadly itunes 12.9 desktop and app use the same interface and its only nvda that does it.
I have however started using itunes business located here
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208079
This is itunes 2.6, you will need to delete your library files and re add your media files which won't be a problem and there are controls to repopulate the menu with things, you can also deploy apps and tones.
The kincher will be what it can do with later oses.
The only reason I upgrade itunes is its compatibility with the latest ios, this version is 12.65 now the business version, the store is clunky and a bit crashy but the interface uses the traditional desktop and not the universal app thing, apple says its nvda's problem, and since narator can sort of work with it and jaws users on the win10 list have no issue its more likely nvda is not seeing the window, the content is there and it all works.
The thing is that with itunes being a universal desktop app its no surprise that eventually they would use the same interface.
I just wish apple went google's root and allow you to buy apps from the brouser if your phone is registered with the store, you will have to update them on the device but still.
A twitter post from someone testing ios 12 says its good and some of the newer expensive units can handle stereo.
Though to be honest I am not sure how good it wwill be.
I have field recorders that do stereo, and as you can expect the quality on the recorder is completely crap!
Its a lot better when you play it off the recorder though unprotected mics and especially if it  is windy I tend not to record in that condition as much as it can overwelm the crappy mics, then again, the same does happen even of hd cameras so any wind directly into a microphone and you will get wind noise.
This is ofcause the raw audio without editing.
I can if I care to and if it wasn't only  just for me the ability to probably adjust it a bit but still.
Filters tend to take out a lot of ambient sound if you are not carefull so whatever.

2018-09-13 23:26:16

yup, get iTunes off the site rather than the store.

2018-09-13 23:34:28

hi there, sadly the windows 10 f--ked almost evry known app.  Anyway thats not the topic.  İ have no probllems with the desktop version of it but the windows one sucks. İ also didnt found a link for the desktop one. İf anyone abels to throw a link, i really
apriciate it

2018-09-14 02:59:47

Well the desktop app is the universal app now they both use the same interface.
Well and nvaccess have fixed the issue quite quickly.
Its in 2018.3 rc3 which you will have to download.
Its not exactly that straight forward to get this right now but if you go to this link.
https://www.nvaccess.org/download/?nvda … =2018.3rc3
You can download and install the file.
For those curious, apple switched from itunes for desktop to itunes universal, this interface is in the windows app but also their desktop version.
And as usual no one was the wizer.
Anyway, some elements like the menus etc use desktop and the main interface is uia now.
And well the itunes module was not setup for this change, now it is.
For users of itunes bar a slightly slower load time, you can use itunes like normal and its the same web layout you know.
Its fortunate that nvda is in its just of release cycle, and its good it was a quick fix.
The issue is solved for now.
For once it wasn't an apple issue though you'd think they would have told everyone ahead so we could have this in the can and not have to wake up to it.
I reported this issue yesterday, to apple but also to nvaccess, and it was fixed today.
Well at least got working.

2018-09-14 14:21:35

edit: this post now has additional info at the end as I've found a temporary workaround to my issue.
Hi,
I've found a bug in the interface. When I go to the store, and search for something, it still does the thing where it doesn't refresh the page. No problem, I thought. Tried pressing NVDA plus f5, then it said, loading document, and then... iTunes has crashed.
Am wondering what the best thing would be to do here.
update: alt tabbing away and back to the window seems to work temporarily.

2018-09-14 18:49:04

the nvda 2018 rc3 solved the problem it seems

2018-09-16 00:09:58 (edited by crashmaster 2018-09-18 07:32:05)

Update.
nvda 2018.3  is now online as well just right now if you read this right now but its out and it works now.
No changes so things work now.

I have a few additions from nvda.
1.  choosing list view from the view menu will give a better experience.
I forgot the post number and user but to the person that had the issue with the store refresh, nvaccess is aware of the nvda f5 key not working and my guess is that it will eventually be fixed.
Right now, to refresh a page, hit f6 once to get to search then hit f6 again.
Or just hit f6 twice.
You may have to tab once or twice to get to the page, its a bit clunky I know but thats the work around for that issue, I assume they will try to fix this, but please remember that we are close to the next version release, and next month the next win10 release, so I suspect they will be wanting to get the next nvda version out just before the next feature update to win10 as I have just had a prelim post on that.
We are still on rc3 of nvda 2018.3 though so there could be another rc with the fix.
At least itunes works enough to use most of it.