2018-09-11 01:00:42

Hello I would like to learn how o program a AI. I would like to build simulations because they interest me very much. I tryed simpy but the code looks too confusing. So I was wondering how you all program your AI's?

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-09-11 06:27:57 (edited by Ethin 2018-09-11 06:28:43)

An AI is not a simple thing to do, at least not an intelligent one. I've never written one myself, but if you want an adaptive AI, you may wish to consider learning about machine learning. If you don't want that, then I'd highly recommend frameworks like the ones listed at  https://github.com/owainlewis/awesome-a … elligence.. (OK, so far as I can find there's only three, but there are some good books and other information on there too.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-09-11 16:30:06

The thing is, if you're still being confused by code, you're no where near ready for this task. Neither am I, nor will I ever be. You may be, depending on your aptitude for programming, but not yet.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-09-11 16:56:39

@3, definitely true.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-09-11 20:30:56

For a simple explanation of the sort of AI mentioned in the other topic, see this link: https://towardsdatascience.com/introduc … 96e98d8bf3

There are some Java code which you can examined,

You then combine it with a simple cellular automaton in which the AI can command the cells.

2018-09-11 20:57:54

I understand if statements and def fuctions but I haven't got to classes and python dicshinarys.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-09-11 23:48:37

At the core of it, you can do just about anything with just the basic statements, ifs, and loops. When it comes to AI, the real trick is understanding how to come up with rules that will get results. FWICT, my college had a Robotics class that was not especially code-heavy, and was mostly "build a robot with this Lego robot kit, and use this IDE to give it instructions". It's the idea of realizing what the AI does not know, what it can know and how, and what combination of logic and actions will lead to the desired behavior. Code is just translating those concepts into something a compiler can translate into something a computer can understand.
The only story from that Robotics class that I remember is the one where the student tried to make a Roomba-type robot, who would go around the room trying to push any objects it found out of its path. It worked fine, so they tried it with two robots. Naturally, the robots could not distinguish each other from random objects, and tried to remove each other. Turns out that real life robot fights are way less interesting than in Transformers, since they mostly just strained against each other and caused their "something's straining the motors" alarms to repeatedly beep. I guess that's the Legobot equivalent of effort grunts/shouts.
I should probably be working on the AI I spent yesterday mapping in pseudo-pseudocode,. It just gives me the "This is not worth the frustration" feeling. sad

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.