2018-09-10 18:19:11

Is there any?
I've been hoping with the new technology that it would have been possible at the very least for the older games.
By the year 2000 I was already struggling cause my sight had already degenerated enough and 5 years later it was too bad for any games.
Ever since I grabbed a copy of Dragon Warrior III when it was released it became my favorite and I just found out "Seeds of Salvation" (Dragon Quest III) was on IOS.
I'd be happy if I were able to play just the original NES version.
Also, looks like the Square Enix support/inquiry form was disabled when I thought about reaching them about accessibility.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2018-09-10 19:10:55

It somewhat works with nvda OCR. Just cause 1 and a little bit just cause2's texts can be read with nvda ocr

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-09-12 14:21:24

i wish we can play the ff series for pc i tryed ff 8 but when i try to read with ocr the menue move up and down

2018-09-12 23:42:01

oh, so not gonna be good on iphone then?
I wonder if I should go emulator on pc

Every day is a good day!

2018-09-17 05:06:40

Sigh, not sure how I got it and put it to run but even if ocr managed to work I don't think it will be good enough.
These old games with tiles should've been mapped and translated long ago, changing known values to something screen readers could use.
I remember using a save state editor to change values, even did a solo sage by changing the hero that way.
Saddly I don't even know how to make scripts.

Every day is a good day!