2018-08-05 11:25:13

hi all, I have a question regarding trading in smugglers 5. Are you supposed to be able to see prices on different planets when checking prices on the galaxy map? For some reason, if I select a system in the map, then go to prices, I only get one price, which seams to be in affect nowhere and still changes from planet to planet. So, is the only way for effective trading to buy the fastest engine available for your ship and then fly to planet a, look at the goods there, fly to planet b, compare the prices, fly back to planet a, buy the most profitable goods, then travel back to planet b to sell them, hoping the prices don't fluctuate too much while you're traveling?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-08-05 14:38:24

You need several trader abilities to show you trading prices around the galaxy, when you have them though, you will be able to see not only the individual prices, but also the price fluctuation for each star system which should give you a better idea of what to do.
I confess Trading is the one activity in s5 I haven't carried through. I've been successful at all the combat activities, and have done a relatively good job at piracy, though I've not yet created my own empire, but trading is something I've not got into as much.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-08-05 16:17:53

@dark thanks for the info, I still wonder though because I still get a price info for other systems, but I don't know what planet it's on, or what that price is based on. E.g. if it's the lowest or highest this cargo will go for, or if it's the average price at this moment etc.

2018-08-05 16:22:30

I believe its the average price for the selected good in each system, though I think you can only see the prices for some systems on the galaxy map without some of the more advanced trader abilities or the price algorithms upgrade for your computer.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-08-15 05:17:27

This doesn't really relate to Connor's question, but I figured why create a new topic? Why can't I upgrade a battleship? The pop-up with the list of available upgrades doesn't seem to want to come up anymore, so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage especially when fighting those pesky starbases. There's also this irritating crash bug. It comes up occasionally when I click continue in a battle and brings up a dialogue with a bunch of gibberish then closes the game. This is disheartening especially when I'm about to win a long fleet battle. Has anyone else experienced this?

2018-08-15 14:38:19

I also have another question, performing war missions while engaged in a system battle. There are missions like recon that require "spy equipment". Is it enough if I purchase the spy sensors for my ship, or do I also need the spy skill?