2018-08-13 12:07:42

Ahem. I liked the sound of m134 minigun and browning 50cal machinegun. Would miss them... Hope you guys don't forget those weapons! big_smile

2018-08-13 19:37:06

I remember being on the beta team  myself, when red spot first launched as was  previously stated there was a suggestions.txt file which kept on getting updated, I just wish that suggestions would have kept on getting implemented, and the bugs getting fixed faster. I do understand how stressful it is to code, but if you have a well-balanced team, then you can succeed. I will admit my favourite red spot, was the one without the bases good luck to the new Python version and see you then

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2018-08-13 19:49:41 (edited by blaze 2018-08-13 21:16:43)

24: How were the admins supposed to do anything about that if we didn't know it was happening and that players didn't like it? We can't be on all the time and read every message and examine every kill. We very much rely  on you guys to take the initiative and tell us what's going on. As for powerful people on kg, we can only do so much to prevent that before it just gets dumb. This game is a competitive one. There are the people that are good and the people that aren't; the people that get lucky and the people that don't. A game isn't unbalanced simply because there's a powerful player on causing problems. The unbalance comes when that powerful player has an unreal amount of items for a very long time and no one can come close to doing any damage, even if several geared up people try at once, a thing which is impossible on KG given that your health and shields have hard caps and you are only allowed to stay for an hour. There have been a lot of complaints about this so i want to stress it. Every fps, every competitive environment is this way. On rtr if I log on and collect items five minutes before you I'll have an advantage, is that unbalanced? On cp if I've been playing minigames longer or have more cards I'll have an advantage, is that unbalanced? In soccer/football there are the teams that dominate and the teams that get dominated, is that unbalanced? Battlefield I agree, was, unbalanced, and we were doing stuff to fix that, but I'm still one for scrapping the whole bf idea and making a match framework with actual goals to pursue like in so many other shooters.
26: Of course we will keep those sounds. They were fun to make and took enough effort for us not to want to scrap them. My gun for one will definitely be returning as I'm sure will most of the others.

2018-08-13 20:05:34

So... How much time do you guys estimate will it take to launched a python-based redspot?

2018-08-13 20:26:42

I don't think they even know when their gonna launch it.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-08-13 22:19:40

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I want to say I told you so. I knew that this was gonna happen sooner or later.  On another, now you're going to get a bunch of people asking for the release date, posting new topics, bringing the game up again and again.  I suppose that is better than the alternative of you getting dozens of emails a day, though.  I don't have much hope for the new red spot. If anything, it will be more and balanced than the old one. However, I could be wrong, especially if Carter remains one of the developers of the game. He seems to keep Sam in check.  Another thing which has me slightly worried is nobody mentioning any balancing ideas. How are you planning to balance out the game? What are you planning to change?  What are you wanting to improve? Etc.  answer those questions and you might convince me to take a look at the new and re-coated redspot.  Otherwise, I don't think I will go back to it. It's probably good that it got taken down, as it probably became an addiction for some people.

2018-08-13 22:34:08

regarding the release date: I don't like making estimations as they usually increase pressure and you never really know what might come up during the course of development. However I wouldn't be expecting it tomorrow. Still, keep an eye out, as we might post occasional updates.

@31
We haven't revealed much about the new game here, as that wasn't the intended purpose of this topic. It was merely to announce the discontinuation of RS.

2018-08-14 00:38:53

This time name it redpool instead of redspot because when you kill someone the blood  pools around! Also in the melee arena do provide the blood flowing sound which can be found from some horror movies. And well this time, don't forget to make revolvers less powerful than rifles and add up shooting up as well! Let's be a bit more realistic this time, shall we?  big_smile big_smile

2018-08-14 08:17:26

also can you make it so sometimes when you;re hit by things there is a small chance that either your weapon breaks, you drop it, or something like that? that'd be a cool feature and make it slightly more  ballanced. it would give new players a bit more of a chance.

2018-08-14 08:19:30

and also make it a bit more fun, because you're like, oh yay, I've got an m134 minigun! then suddenly you get sniped and you're gun breaks. or maybe add like so you can occationally get hit in the eye, which causes you to not be able to track people, the leg, which means, you walk slower, the chest, which doesn't do much but makes it do a truckload more damage, or the hand, which makes you fire you weapons slower.