2018-08-12 16:05:01

high guys i like audio advventure games. i want to try private detective school from coad factory games but i can't find it. can you give me a download link for this game?
any help wil be apritiated

2018-08-12 16:10:56

What did Codefactory ever end up doing with their games anyways? I noticed audiogames archive doesn't have it.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-08-12 17:09:33

I am curious to. I am looking for more audio games myself.

”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 verse 13
If you want to message me, send me a message using the forum email,  since I do not check my private messages that much.  I also have a TeamTalk server. Message me if you would like to have an account on my server

2018-08-12 17:36:13

If I remember correctly that game is no longer sold by code factory thus being abandon ware. A copy of it was available a while ago on this forum but it was pretty impossible to crack because it had the starforce protection. I managed to bypass the starforce protection but I can't remember how. All I know is that it was a very complicated process involving virtual cds and some inaccessible software. Even if someone has the game lying around you wouldn't be able to play it without a reliable way to bypass the protection.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-08-12 20:24:37

@4 give it to voksi, he will  crack it in a minute. just kidding, the guy is busted big_smile

2018-08-12 20:50:44

I have one of the games from code factory.
It is call Santa Clause is back.
If anyone wants it I can upload a link on this thread.
It's the full game.
Someone gave it to me a few years ago.

2018-08-12 20:56:43

well yeah, it was freeware anyway, but it was a cool thing to play around with.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-08-12 23:34:51

I have the playable demo of Detective School if anyone wants it.

Cyco, If you don't mind, I'd like a copy of that Santa Claus game.

Thanks!

2018-08-13 03:03:08

I don't think we ever got an official statement from Code Factory about the games. I could ask them again now that we have the audiogames archive, after all as far as getting permissions from devs we weren't sure of is concerned it's been fortunately pretty successful, but you can never be sure when it comes to Code Factory since they seemed to have distanced themselves from even thinking about their games. Lol.

2018-08-13 04:54:42

The last time I talked to them while looking for a copy of Private Detective School, they said that all they have to do with their old games is that they still had a few discs in stock. I think just Time Adventures and Chillingham was all they had left, and they didn't seem to care if anybody bought them or not. I guess they are all in on selling TTS voices now.

2018-08-13 09:21:30

Hi.
No one have been able to brake the starforce protection on the full game. The game doesn't work in Windows 7 or later anyway as far as I remember.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-08-13 10:28:50

high all
@orco i want the demo playable of private detective school, please if you can, upload it i don't want to miss it.
@cyco i want your game to, please give me a link

2018-08-13 14:20:42

Here it is, https://www.sendspace.com/file/3kl6x8, remember, this is only a playable demo, not the full game.

2018-08-13 16:36:21

Wait a minute, wouldn't you mean pds? I don't remember them being a reseller for Chillingham. Unless you're talking computer room services.

2018-08-13 16:56:17 (edited by Orko 2018-08-13 17:07:58)

It's possible I'm confusing Computer Room Services with Code Factory because both companies are selling Eloquence.

You are right, I just checked their web sites and it is Computer Room Services that is selling the games, my mistake, sorry.

2018-08-13 17:10:35

can you give me information about this game masroor?

2018-08-13 20:03:55

thanks orco for the link, i downloaded the game but i don't know how to play and i don't know where i have to go. are there any audio revews of this game? if there are, please give me a link. but if there aren't any audio revews of this game please give me instructions how to play this game
thanks alot any help wil be appritiated

2018-08-13 21:43:21 (edited by Orko 2018-08-13 21:46:30)

I'm the last person to ask for help with that game because I got nowhere with it and eventually lost interest in it. But I do recall that when I was looking for hints to get started, I couldn't find anything. So I suspect that if there is any help for you anywhere, it will have to come from someone who has played the game.

2018-08-13 22:21:18

To be honest you are not missing much, alien invasion and time adventures have been posted somewhere, they are ok for what they are.
As for the others, There was a descussion about starforce, and yeah at the time there was a way to crack that, in fact the mods do allow cracking this if you ever got it just like bavisoft because they simply never responded to communications and every effort was put in to play to try to contact them.
Saying that, reports ages back put starforce as some sort of malware now and that it could cause a lot of strife on computers.
I actually heard a review once of private detective school and its like time adventures, a simple game written in macromedia projecter.
I do play time adventures a little but to be honest, while these are and were good old games maybe for kids code factory never shon with games to be honest, sfx maybe and voice acting but for the rest I don't know.

2018-08-14 00:39:40

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you as far as Time Adventures goes, it was short, and rather dumb in the end with that food puzzle. I've never run across Alien Invasion so I wouldn't mind finding that someday.

Before I lost my vision I played a game called Dark Star One, it was a space exploration game where you had to trade between worlds to earn enough money to equip your ship. It was one of the better games I've played. It too was protected with StarForce and StarForce was so buggy that the developer eventually released a patch to the game that basically removed the StarForce protection.

I've often said that DRM is not the villan, just as a gun is not a killer, it's the companies that use a draconian approach in their use of the DRM system that is the villan. But StarForce is the exception, in this one case that I know of, and I'm sure there are others, the DRM system is so poorly written that it is in fact the villan this time.

2018-08-14 01:13:10

It's because Starforce gets way too upclose and personal with you cd rom drivers, at least with the disk approach. It's a rootkit. at its finest. As for Alien Invasion I do believe we have the full version of that somewhere on the archive, I definitely have it somewhere. I wish there were still disks around, I wouldn't mind having one to experiment with and break the drm, let alone actually play the full game. Also, to be clear, Time Adventures and PDS weren't exactly for kids, they did have actual games oriented at kids for a time that were less popular and probably not worth phoning home about as these were not their selling-point games. But Time Adventures and PDS are I'd say pg for sure, very mild language use. nothing wrong with that, just for the benefit of new members. I actually have a time adventures disk myself which I eventually copied the files off of as the game was inevitably slower on disk as new scenes loaded.

2018-08-14 01:15:08 (edited by jack 2018-08-14 01:16:38)

Oh, what am I thinking. We never uploaded code factory games anyway! We don't have a directory listing for them because permissions. It's one thing to allow distribution on a public forum, but to have them so plainly available is admittedly a bit risky.

2018-08-14 01:29:43

I don't remember where I originally got Time Adventures, but when Computer Room Services still listed Private Detective School in their online store, I ordered one, but was told that they didn't have any more of them, so I had them send me a Time Adventures disc instead.

I'll have to start a tread to see if anyone has a copy of Alien Invasion they are willing to share.

2018-08-14 01:51:07

I have one on my harddrive somewhere, let me look.

2018-08-14 08:19:03

Hi.
The puzzles in Private Detective School are really, really hard, and extremely annoying sometimes.
There are instructions in the game on how to play the game. If I remember correctly, f12 gives you all the instructions you need.
First you need to go to the headmasters office. Use the magnifiring glass on the window and then the organ.
Pick up everything on the desk and read it carefully.
When all that is done, you can start to talk to people.
It is a great game in my opinion, but the puzzles are sometimes extremely annoying.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen