2018-08-12 23:15:53

missions when introduced were intended to be done in groups and not alone. now that has been fixed and i quite like it to be honest

2018-08-12 23:21:47

Look at it this way. Aprone nerfed shield, making it harder to solo missions, giving you a reason to want friends there to back you up.
He then made it so zombies sync up for everyone, so friends can actually back you up.
I think it's quite obvious how he wants his game to be played lol.

2018-08-12 23:25:31

hey.
I like these new missions, it requires teamplay. There're a few bugs with it though, none which I will discuss here as I'm sure they have been reported earlier.
What I'd like to discuss though is the gain from looting as an hc player. It used to take hours before to gain a decent pool of resources for a mission, now you require more resources. However, it seems like you spend way more resources than you can gather. Sneak is utterly useless given how often you get bloody clothes as a high level, or even in my case, mid level player. As HC there's no convenient way to remove all those bloodies other than forts and that seems like a very cilly idea to rely on those. There're zombies chasing you for each step you take, but only loot every so often. Looting on maps feel more like missions. The number of zombies is incredible.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-08-13 05:16:14

Lots of great posts here, but I don't think I'll form this message to address and reply to each of them.  That would take a while, haha!

As it has been said, the dependency players had on the shield is not how I wanted the game to be played, also I never intended missions to be soloed 90% of the time like how they were being done.  The shield was left how it was for far too long, I 100% agree.  There's actually a load of things I'd love to have changed about the game years ago, but sadly time to make changes has been hard to come by.  There is a plan (which I hope will pan out), and part of this plan was to change the shield only when I could back it up with other important changes.

The link was already noticed on here, which I was happy to see, where changing the shields and melee weapons makes it more important to mission with friends.  Then the next step was to bring in the rewrite of zombie syncing code so that players actually can team up to work together on the missions.  The power outage sort of forced me to release the first part a little sooner than the second part, but both of those changes were meant to compliment one another, and let players more smoothly transition into new valid playing styles.

There are a few more steps to this actually, and I hope to have them ready in another patch soonish.  Not like a few days soonish, but maybe a few weeks soonish.  smile

Players in just about any game will get used to strategies that help them win with the least effort.  That's pretty true anywhere you go, so it's no surprise many players latched onto the shield and melee weapons the way they did.  As much as people weren't wrong for using those, when directly asked, it seems that nearly all of them admit that it always felt cheap and saw it as a problem for the game.

I hope I didn't already use this example on the forum, but it's like playing a fighting game where you find you can win if you just mash the A button super fast for the entire match.  Sure it may work, but deep down you know it's not how the game was meant to be played, and it's just using a cheap strategy that happens to work by removing skill.  Someone who has played said fighting game for years and loves how easily he can beat his friends, would probably be pretty upset if a game patch stopped him from winning by just mashing A repeatedly.  He was never really doing anything "wrong", but he also shouldn't be too surprised that his way of winning was never in the true spirit of the game, and that eventually it would be stopped.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-08-13 05:45:16

It's the same in the sports world actually. For years and years it was okay to use ankle locks in BJJ matches. So most high level BJJ fighters used that to win exclusively. Why not, it works almost every time, and it messes up your opponent for at least 6 months afterward if not longer.

Then most tournaments decided that that kind of damaging moves were too f---ed up and should be banned- after all, we're just here to have fun, enjoy and share each others' skills, we shouldn't be using moves that'd cripple other fighters for good.
Makes sense, right? But when the organizers announced that ankle locks were now banned, alot of the big name, Gracie included, left mainstream tournaments in a huff.

2018-08-13 08:15:49

how to get swamp updates?

2018-08-13 09:31:49

mahdi-abedi wrote:

how to get swamp updates?

Download the latest patch from Aprones website. Read the first post.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-08-13 20:58:01

I get run time error 51 bad file name or number when trying to start this program, also how do I copy over the patch.
Please help me out it is probably a really obvious mistake.
I already ran the checkup utility.
I already tried running it as an admin.
No luck~

2018-08-13 20:59:55

hello. like i've said so many times. the bad filename thing is because of the old version. also, to copy over the patch upi kist extract the zip in to the same folder where you extracted the main thing.
best regards.

2018-08-13 21:06:49

I am having the same problems as you said

2018-08-13 21:56:57

ok so that is how I copy over the patch.
How do I make sure I downloaded the latest version.
What link should I use. Please post on here. Thanks. Yes I will probably have some more obvious anoying questions, LOL!

2018-08-13 22:12:05

alright I got the patch in the patch file there is an application called swamp.
I guess this is another newer version of the game.
However I can not here music or any walking sounds when using this swamp in the patch file.
I can not here the stereo sound test when I select it in the menu.
Please help me out here.
I want to pay for swamp but need to get it setup first.

2018-08-13 22:13:22

Diegogaribay it sounds like you only downloaded the patch, or you downloaded the patch but didn't put it into your main Swamp folder.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-08-13 22:58:09

for anybody that has used the older version of the installer I made I will put up a self installing patch that will fix it rather than downloading the hole thing again.

i'll get rite on that. will make life easier if I make a script for doing that then replace the patch installer every time one comes out.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-08-13 23:32:30 (edited by SirBadger 2018-08-14 04:12:56)

ok while I work on a more professional solution, here's a self extracting archive of the latest patch.

for people using the installer I made this is set to install to the default location the installer used. for people who changed the default or who are using the standard zip version you can browse to your swamp folder and extract it there. it will ask if you want to overwrite some files, just say yes and you should be good to go. I'm going to make a proper patch installer but this'll work for the time being I think.

if you already have 3.8C running you don't need this.

link is:
www.the-badger.co.uk/patch.exe

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-08-14 16:48:12

Hi all,

Due to the changes in using hammer andother handtools, i fall back on my shotguns.
/little sad/

If i may i can workout a scheme for balancing stamina with striking.

Also i would like to suggest more quests to level up.
I have some ideas too.

Please let me know if i can help.

Greetings,

Peter aka player Braillemaster.

2018-08-14 21:37:34

Did swamp just go down? or am I going crazy. lol Its 2:35 CTS here.

2018-08-14 21:49:47

it did for me a couple minutes ago i haven't tried getting back on though. took the oppertunity to sort out the dishwasher lol.

2018-08-14 21:53:29

Yeah I noticed my internet and TV go down a little while ago.  It's quite annoying, and I have a hard time understanding why it would still be having trouble when that storm was days ago.  They're usually good at getting lines fixed fast around here.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-08-14 21:58:13

ah so that's what it is then, wonder how long it will be down for then? ok whilst it's down and am in thinking mode aprone if we're going to get new content can we have what i would term scary zombies? ironically it was when they weren't spawning that gave me the idea. you get quiet spots on any map whether it be map 4 or a mission map although i will admit the smaller the map the less likely it is. how about a zombie is waiting real quiet until you are almost on top of it and it jumps out at you right at the last second? rather loudly as well? right when you least expect it. would certainly stop you from getting complacent lol.

2018-08-15 14:52:45

Hi.  I admit I haven’t played in probably at least a year,  partially due to having a terrible computer within unresponsive mouse pad.  Really excited to try out all the new changes and hopefully not spent ages  at really low levels with no coop play.  Looking forward to seeing the new quest system. smile

2018-08-15 15:48:20

I have a hard core char. and while i've not played since octorber of last year i found hc to be difficult which it's supposed to be but also frustrating I'd like to go back to normal but I'll need help getting to that level to do so.

2018-08-15 16:01:26

Hi guys
I bought a gamer account on Saturday, I had to use my bank account as a funding source since I did not have paypal balance and the payment just cleared from my bank today, however I have not received my activation email.  My question is how long does the email normally take to arrive?

2018-09-13 19:13:58

FYI for those using the voice mod, a new voice has been added- it's Ana Amari from Overwatch. Also there's also a small weapon mod in the folder that'll mod chainsaw to lightsaber, flamethrower to plasma caster and m40 to railgun.
Grab the folder here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9l6rh1n5zn0a … 9lnRa?dl=1

2018-09-13 21:53:44

@3100
I really like this idea. The only problem seems to be the taking damage sound. Some of them are far to long.
Now a suggestion: I would like to see Tracer from Overwatch.
As said, great idea, although it is strange that you don’t hear the same voice as your friends.

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan