I am trying to do a demonstration of "A Blind Legend" for my Youtube channel. The problem is, I need to use headphones for this game, but also want to people hear me talking while I do the demonstration. Does anyone know an accessible way to do this? Basically a video with the audio of the game at the same time. Not sure if I am making any sense right now LOL.

”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 verse 13
If you want to message me, send me a message using the forum email,  since I do not check my private messages that much.  I also have a TeamTalk server. Message me if you would like to have an account on my server

Thumbs up

Note: The following is based on my experience running a youtube channel 5 or so years ago, thus content might not be completely valid/up-to-date.

You've got a couple options here, all depending on how professional you'd like your setup to be.
the first is quicktime. Open the app and press command+control+N, you should be greeted with a new screen recording dialog to configure audio devices blablabla. Click on start, then when your done the stop button in menu_extras>quicktime. By default there's no way of recording your voice and system audio simultaneously, but nothing loopback can't accomplish.
I personally went with an app called screenflow. It's pretty expensive though, $130. If your able to scrape up the cash or crack or whatever, I can't think of anything better. We're talking extremely configurable with keystrokes, you've even got a handy audio-pluggin which records not only microphone but optionally system audio. After recording, you'll be taken to a basic but quite accessible editor. As I said above, it's been a while since I've touched video recording, when in doubt go with the first option since I can confirm it works. Is anyone else able to give insight to screenflow these days?

Thumbs up

You can use Loopback from www.rogueamoeba.com or purchase a hardware mixer and microphone. If you want to use Loopback, you need to create a new audio device that includes your microphone and either your whole system audio or just the application that's producing sound. If you want to use system audio, create a device with your microphone as an input and set the device as your system output under sound preferences.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

Thumbs up

Hi.
I think you can use a combination of Quicktime and Audio Hijack. Audio Hijack is much cheeper than Loopback.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up