2018-08-11 03:11:14

At first glance this thing looked cool, but it held my interest for only about 20 minutes. The main issue is there is absolutely no goal to work toward aside from having everything. Even dumb games like crafting kingdoms at least provide the incentive of resetting and getting bonuses. This is literally just a building game with no direction. Both of the above mentioned problems also happened to me, so in addition to being boring it's also got some quite nasty issues at the moment. The one good thing I can say about this one is the sounds are nice which seems to be rather uncommon on IOS for whatever reason. Even so, I  think I'll put this one on the back burner for now and track update progress until, at bare minimum, the game-breakers are gone.

2018-08-11 06:35:55

so basically we have a crafting kingdom clone

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-08-11 07:19:21

27: I wouldn't call it that. There are some unique concepts, particularly that you have to actually manage a population as opposed to just this abstract item cloning facility churning out numbers. The game has potential, and if it were backed by a rich story, multiplayer functionality, a cool combat campaign system, exploration or any combination of the above, I could see it being insanely addicting. Right now it just feels like a decent framework for a resource game. They have the resource part down, it just needs something else to give the resource collection some purpose.

2018-08-11 08:29:14

I am sure it will develop nicely in the future, this is just the first public version of the game so bugs are expected. The dev said on applevis that an update is comming this weekend that will hopefully fix all the nasty bugs people are having. For some reason I haven't run into battle yet so I can't comment on that part. Equiping weapons doesn't work for me either so I hope it'll be fixed soon.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-08-11 12:03:16

Hi,
There is now an update. However, it just says bugs and fixes. I gave it a quick play, and equipping weapons is now fixed, but there's no alert dialogue, it just pops up when you double tap and hold. I wish the dev would be more detailed in what the update actually fixes.

2018-08-11 12:50:04

Well the good news is equipping weapons is now possible. The bad news is there is still no way to fix the people who are out of time to eat or sleep (god that is a stupid mechanic!), meaning my game is as stuck as ever.

As to the game generally, its certainly not a crafting kingdom clone as the processes are %100 different. Crafting kingdom is an incremental game based on resource timers and continual production, knight commander is closer to castaways 2, with people you assign to do specific tasks, as well as building projects that take multiple parts to acquire. The actual creation and building of items would be interesting in and of itself if it weren't for the stupid time bug I mentionned, assuming of course you find acquiring resources and building items interesting in and of itself in the first place big_smile.

As well as fixing the annoying out of time bug, I would like to see some expantion with more monsters and background etc, but I think that will be coming, this is after all a framework for a longer release, plus of course, remember that nobody has got quite far enough into say warfare to see how things work later.

\My only problem currently is that a game which effectively stalls if you use all your resources, Ie, use a person's work time without leaving them 30 seconds to rest or sleep is simply unfair, especially when its not always clear how long something will take to do.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-08-11 13:57:59

@Dark, have you checked the hospital tab? I thought I saw something in the tutorial about workers who get too low becoming sick and needing to be healed from the hospital tab. If you have enough gold you might also purchase the item that makes everyone sleep from the shop.
I think this one has a lot of potential. I'll be very curious to see how the battle system develops. Right now I'd probably consider this a public beta, so if you're not up for partially missing features or the occasional bug I'd stay away for now.

2018-08-11 16:32:47

I think i’m gonna have to do a new game. I’m stuck at where dark is.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-08-11 17:31:49

Nope nobody in the hospital at all, and yee gods the sleep thing is horribly expensive, plus to be honest I see no guarantee that this very same bug won't occur again, and yes, not being able to sleep or eat when your people run out of time is indeed a bug. That is why I am not restarting until I can find a reliable way around this. It wouldn't be hard, just either reduce time on sleeping or eating to zero time just as its zero energy, or have an option such as @snooze@ which just increases time by enough of an increment so you can sleep or eat.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-08-11 18:09:10

For those who have the bug with people with no time or energy, it would be interesting to see if the "sing lullaby option in the shop will work as a workaround for the bug. In the meantime I haven't experienced this and I suspect being a little conservative with energy and time will avoid it completely.

2018-08-11 20:55:55

hi,

so has the developer of this game actually said there will be additional content put into this game?? i haven't purchased yet but based on what people are saying it does look potentially very interesting.

2018-08-11 20:56:01

Its time that is the problem more than energy, since you can eat or sleep with zero energy, but it still takes thirty seconds time, where as if you get less than thirty seconds time left on the clock with a person you don't have the time to sleep or eat to recover it, which is just plane stupid.

I tried buying a time extension, but while it extended max working time, it didn't give extra time to those with under thirty seconds. I don't know if the lullaby option would work, though given the expense of that one I'd probably be better restarting. Obviously, if youu make sure to sleep or eat with at least an extra thirty seconds in reserve you won't have the problem, but given that you need to double tap and hold to see time/energy requirements for each task that would get rather cumbersome rather quickly.

2018-08-12 03:22:09

you guys are lucky! i can't even start the game when i dubble tap start  its like the action dosn't go through  i need to see if the update is available here in australia yet it wasn't when i checked yesterday

2018-08-12 04:05:23

I find it amusing that you can survive on sleep alone.

There's no need to eat, at least at the moment.

I have all this food, and I don't need to use it.

I think @dark pointed this out on applevis.

The developer seems to be more active there, not sure if he has an account on here, since this thread appears to be more active than the applevis one.

I am glad that we finally have a game that is endless.

Sure, there are a few quircs, luckilly I haven't run into any of them yet.

@liseo, the update should be available, I updated yesterday after all and I'm in the same country as you.

2018-08-12 11:12:08

Well it seems I finally ran into that time bug, and now that I've seen it in action, I'm not sure if it is a bug.

Anyway I managed to solve the time bug, as most of us appear to be calling it.

Unfortunately, it costs gold.

Buying a lullaby should give you enough time for your people to sleep.

Not the ideal solution I know, I was lucky enough to have enough resources to cell off.

Oh and has anyone else noticed that fish and chips is listed twice in the food section?

2018-08-12 12:10:47

I can equip weapons fine. Make the weapons, then double tap and hold on a person's name and count to like 3. It'll appear to have done nothing, but if you then touch the center of your screen you are in the weapon slots menu. Double tap a slot and then you can pick the weapon to put there.
Have not seen any combat yet- not sure how that work.

I had four out of five guys stuck at no energy, so what I did was I had the remaining guy worked until I had enough money to pay for a lullaby at the shop- that got the rest of the guys semi restored- enough so they could then sleep.

2018-08-12 15:42:45

Hi.
I really like the game. None of my people have some health yet, and I wander how you are making this happen. smile I look forward to play the game some more.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-08-12 19:57:11

sounds like castaways and castaways2
in that mined i wana ask something, is castaways2 going to get updates, or no, i meane, the dev saed something about castaways3, so i asked

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2018-08-12 20:16:50

I like this game. I have some things to say about it though. First off the interface is OK, but it could use some improvement. The first thing is that every item is its own item in lists, that means like you have to swipe to every one of them. I get that because it makes the text larger for people who have low vision, but if you do have low vision, and can get away with using zoom on your phone, I doubt you'd accompany it with VoiceOver. Some probably do, others don't. The point being is that the menus could be lists divided into two columns, and so explorers could do that, which is my preferred method, and flickers could do their thing. As for the people screen, I would like the option to three finger swipe through everyone in addition to the next and previous buttons. I personally don't know why those are there. What I'd have done instead is made a row of thumbnails and just labeled them so VoiceOver could read them right, but also, if you did have a bit of vision, you could probably use those. The long pressing thing gets on my nerves to be honest. I can see the need for a way to get more information, but, they could just use 3D touch in that way, just press hard to get that screen, and maintain the long press method for folks on older devices. Also, to spend all that time making an interface, and then using the standard iOS pop up thing feels kind of tacky to me. I would have preferred them to just add a screen with each component, or detail on its own line and then a back button at the top left.

Onto the rest of the game. Time makes no sense to me, I think time should be replaced with hunger, as you really don't have to eat, as already pointed out by others. Also with sleep, it really doesn't take that long, so its no skin off my back to just sleep rather than eat and work and eat and work, then sleep. I haven't got to the combat yet, just finished the tutorial and working on building something, I forgot what though.

I do really like the game though, and hope they continue with it. I hope this isn't a one and done type of release. There's a lot of potential there, and even if I think the interface could be better, its not so bad I feel like I can't deal with it. It's not a game I will probably pick up every day, but when I do, I'll put a few minutes in here and there and see what comes of it. Either way, I feel its well worth the money.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-12 21:21:00

One thing I'd love to see added is the ability to group your people into parties. I have 10 members now and it gets a tad tedious already trying to send all ten to hunt. It'd be nice if I can just have say, 6 of them grouped into a hunting party and send them on their way.

2018-08-13 02:13:11

does any one no how to milk the cows i have cows but it says nothing about milk cows in the list of things to do help please thanks

2018-08-13 02:35:54

Find milk in your food or resources tab, double tab and hold until the info screen comes up. It'll tell you what's all's required to make it.

2018-08-13 04:36:52

first thing I must say this game worth the money it has own potential itself
but at others said above this game need some improvement and fix bugs that occer
for those who ran out of energy before happened did you eat some food for regaining energy yet?
I wasn't  any encounter situation that make people no energy yet
but avoid those plobblem you must eat first since we don't sleep due to a bug
as my plobblem where can I get plank several building require them but I can't find on it
however I manage to built some thing that I already forgotten name description explain they are plank produces from them
still no planks were produce yet
if anyone know where can I find plank please tell me on that tread

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2018-08-13 09:18:16

When do you get to battle in the game?
Is the battle a turn base system?
This game is very easy to get into.

2018-08-13 09:40:50

Haven't seen any battle yet...must be time of peace lol.