2006-02-03 03:57:02 (edited by Mike 2006-02-03 03:57:22)

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to make my own cars and tracks. They say it will be released later, how to do it, but why do we have to wait? I want to make a car! So if anyone has played around with it and figured it out, or if Davy could reply and tell me, thanks.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-03 08:20:22

oh no, not this again...
They, are, probably, programming, it.

2006-02-03 15:36:40

They, are, programming, it! I actually joined their comunity and asked.

2006-02-03 16:14:59

Mike wrote:

Hi,
... why do we have to wait? I want to make a car!

Because they say so.
Calm down -- it's nothing to wet your pants about.  Oh, too late...

James

2006-02-03 17:22:10

Yet again Mike shows his lack of patience. You could use some sort of sedative or something, you're far too impatient. You've admitted before you should whine less, please, please finally take your own advice.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-03 22:19:17

I agree guys, Mike just more patience please!
Probably the game developers dont wanna say anything, before they can show it.
I dont want to go back to the game complaining topic again, but i just can't understand these:
1. If a game doesnt come out in time, then the persons who are inpatient, will cry.
2. If the game comes out, but it is full of bugs, then the problem is that it has bugs (however, the game developer have to hurry)
3. If the game comming out at a later date, then they will cry as well.
Guys, when you will stop that thing?
Notice, that we're losing game companies because that.
And if you dont like to wait, then just ignore the game, and dont play with it. They wont change their mind, if you say that you want some information.

Sorry if i was rude, but this is getting anoying.
I feel sad now, because what happens if you do this with lighttech as well?

Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-03 22:25:23

BlahblahblahblahblahblahblahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblah

...Not the whining about me again...
I was just asking.
And they are not developing it it is in top speed 2 they just haven't told us how to do it yet, from what i understand.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-03 22:51:42 (edited by robjoy 2006-02-03 22:54:37)

yes, you are right, but if you say that you will
need the car, that doesnt mean that they will tell you immediatelly.
And yes, they developing it, a program which you will able to make your own cars and tracks.

I found two addon cars on the community site, and i am copying the first car's vhc file, check it , and experiment with it:
enginesound=roengine.wav
throttlesound=rothrottle.wav
startsound=rostart.wav
hornsound=rohorn.wav
acceleration=20
deceleration=40
topspeed=35000
idlefreq=22050
topfreq=60000
shiftfreq=26000
numberofgears=5
steering=160
steeringfactor=100
haswipers=1

Best regards,
robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-04 07:36:21

mike, do you actually know that the blahblah thing is something that we call spamming? it sounds to me as you are not asking but whining.

2006-02-04 09:07:05

the problem is, i can't acess the community site!

2006-02-04 11:52:22

Agreed. Mike, kindly have consideration for the way your posts sound with a screen reader. The blah blah thing would mean many would be tempted to skip your post since it sounds so awful... Not that's necessarily missing much...

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-04 13:35:12

mike: we are not complaining about you. we are just saying. it sounded as if you were complaining. and going "blahblahblah" will not help you 1 little bit at all. you know that. do i go around doing that on dudenetworks or on this forum? no i do not! i amnot trying to offend you here, i am just saying. it's just that you seem to be annoying some of the other members.

2006-02-04 20:24:05

Maybe we should drop the complaining topic and actually talk about what this topic was originally created for, how to make cars...

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2006-02-05 00:04:41

I couldn't figure out how to get the custom car to work.

2006-02-05 00:10:42

On a more inquisitive note, where do you copy the car files to, if anyone knows?

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2006-02-05 01:43:04

Locutus wrote:

On a more inquisitive note, where do you copy the car files to, if anyone knows?

The 'vehicles' folder.

James

2006-02-05 07:23:20 (edited by arjan 2006-02-05 07:28:39)

well i was messing around with my sound files and managed to create a car on my computer. right, you just have to type those things. download the road ripper for example. there is acceleration, haswipers, topspeed, etc etc. you just have to put that in your car and name it, for example, chaosdes.vhc. and not chaosdes.vhc.txt. then ya have to put in the sounds but remember for the menu option you have to put chaosdes.wav or it will not recognize it. this sound is meant for when you select the option in the menu, and you can record something in like the car of chaos and destruction or whatever.
there will probably be an easier car editor posted at a later date, where you can select the options via checkboxes etc. but again I'm not sure about that. however it would be better if we had such editor for tracks. i remember messing around with topspeed 1.1 tracks and they are more tricky.

2006-02-05 20:56:31

From Davy:

"the instructions for creating cars and tracks for Top Speed 2 are available on the Playing in the Dark community site at

http://community.playinginthedark.net

Apparently somehow some people already figured out how to do this, so the first cars and tracks are also available for download there."

2006-02-06 08:23:44

i probably did something wrong then, i didn't look at it yet but was triyng to create a track but wehen i started a car, my computer locked up.

2006-02-06 13:27:46

Locutus wrote:

Maybe we should drop the complaining topic and actually talk about what this topic was originally created for, how to make cars...

You're forgetting that this thread came about because Mike couldn't be bothered to wait for the developers to release info or tools for car creation, which was in itself a complaint in a way.

cx2
-----

2006-02-08 19:41:29

ya. well, we don't want the complains so i suggest we are going to talk about the tracks and cars...
well i created this extremely long track. there are a lot of hairpins, and at one point, there is a 300000 straight line so you can speed up your car. and after that.... revenge! a hairpin! so you can crash because you're at full speed. you can only pass it if you're really careful. also in the beginning, there is a hairpin right, and a hairpin left right after it.

2006-02-08 23:09:37

Why doesn't someone create a long track, with only small turns, so that we can test the top speed of our cars. I've created two cars so far, but I can't get to maximum speed because just at the quarter speed I would be hearing turns in quarter second intervals.

2006-02-09 07:41:09

well America is pretty easy... also I've made a track called the speed test which is just straight, so you can test it. it's just i don't have a server and can't upload them.

2006-02-09 12:10:53

Hi,

We're thinking about (mirror)-hosting mods for Top Speed 2 (like cars and tracks) in the Mods-section. If anyone has any mods, please send them in!

Greets,

Richard

2006-02-09 15:10:27

Hi,

We've added several mods to the mod-section:

http://www.audiogames.net/page.php?page … ed_2_Mods_

Send 'm in!

Greets,

Richard