2018-08-04 23:52:18

Hello all,
We solved our subtitle reading solution a little with pot player. Also Aple gives support in IOS 11.
But still we have a problem on netflix.
We can't read subtitles while watching something.
I am waiting for your recommends about it.
And, If someone can write this issue to NVDA's developer group, I will be thankfull.
finaly, If someone didn't hear pot player, I'd recommend them definitely to use it.

2018-08-05 01:39:52

Btw how canwe use that player to read subtitles? I usually use km player with help of SAPI TTS

2018-08-05 01:47:35 (edited by katil2008 2018-08-05 01:56:21)

Pot player is so similar to km player, If you are using NVDA.
Press f4, find accessibility. from tree view. continue with tab, first 3 checkboxes for TTS, and second 3 checkboxes affects screen readers for NVDA.
check this one. Provide screen readers access to the movie subtitles comprised of text
with this feature: You can use subtitle files, also watch a video from youtube which contains any subtitles.
to open a youtube video on your pot player, copy the link, press ctrl u on your pot player and paste there.

2018-08-05 11:01:54

yeah that doesn't work for watching subbed movies or anime legally, you can't just copy a link and paste it there, sadly.

Greetings.
My twitter

2018-08-05 18:15:25

Hello folks. I managed to read subtitles using Netflix. You'll have to read it manualy though. The text shows a bit above the pause button, so you'll have to go up and down everytime a character speaks. It's far from being ideal, but it's better than nothing I guess.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-08-05 21:03:13

Same thing can be done with youtube if subtitles are available within the site itself, not embedded to the video.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-08-05 21:53:27

Sadly, that seems tocurrently be the only way to read them using NVDA. I should see if I can't make that into a user script, will need to look at the HTML some time. iOS reads netflix automatically though.

2018-08-06 03:54:53

I think iOS also reads imbedded subtitles from netflix, because I have subtitles turned off for the most part, and it still manages to pick it up when something is subtitled.

Unless of course, netflix don't do imbedded subtitles?