2018-08-05 19:42:48

So, I don't know if it's just me, but I don't like the way Apple did Braille Screen Input with the fingers being in a v formation. This is very odd, in my opinion and not natural. I think they should have taken the same approach that HumanWare did, and make the dots conform to where your fingers are placed on the screen.  In the time that I used a BrailleNote Youch, I was great at touch braille, but several years down the line, I still can't type in Braille Screen Input to save my life.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-08-06 00:15:48

I just tried Braille screen input on my iPhone 8 Plus for the first time, and it is interesting. I need to read the manual, though. Haha. I had no trouble positioning my fingers naturally on the screen. It was a bit hit and miss at first, but I think I figured that out.

2018-08-06 00:59:20

You can type in screen away mode then lock the screen in that orientation by swiping down with 3 fingers. It will only lock while in the thing, so you don't have to worry about it refusing to flip if you use certain apps in landscape. Screen away doesn't do the V thing, only table top mode does.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-06 01:15:18

post 1. that makes one of us, and it was rather interesting to read your comment. in my opinion, humanware failed at touch braille miserably, and should have taken the apple approach. I don't remember the last time I calibrated, and I don't miss the 8 dot keyboard at all. plus since I've always used my index finger for the space key, using my thumb, and or losing calibration on the touch every 20 or so seconds, was beyond frustrating. I use table top, uncontracted, and can go faster than on my PC.