I'm not sure how similar this is to the orphius ruse or some of their other crime or paranormal stuff, but fans of mobsters and mages might enjoy this.
As usuall for those who don't know Choiceofgames, index here, are a set of gamebooks, all with stats and interactions, playable from the choiceofgames website, via the Ios ap, on Android through the google play store or even on Steme for those who want to mess with that.
Very accessible and lots of fun, I need to sort the omnibus ap out for myself and how purchiced games translate into it.
Anyway, for the time being here are details blood money:
We’re proud to announce that Blood Money, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, Android, and on iOS in the Choice of Games Omnibus app. It’s 33% off until July 19th!
By the power of your blood, you and your ghosts will take over your crime family!
Blood Money is a 275,000-word interactive novel by Hannah Powell-Smith. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
When your cousin murders the city’s most notorious crime boss–your mother–a power struggle erupts across the criminal underworld. As your sisters Octavia and Fuschia vie for control, you alone in the family possess the blood magician’s power to summon and command ghosts. They hunger for your blood; if it’s blood they want, then blood they’ll have.
Will you take over the family business? Remain loyal, go it alone, or defect to a rival gang?
• Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, or ace.
• Embrace your unearthly gifts and build connections with the dead, or banish ghosts to the underworld to protect the living
• Look for love, or manipulate your friends and allies; Betray those who trust you, or maintain family loyalty no matter the cost
• Fight a gang war for your family, defect to your rivals, or reject a life of crime
• Negotiate volatile family relations: resolve squabbles, fall in line as a loyal lieutenant, or sharpen your knife for backstabbing
• Influence citywide politics: exploit the Mayor’s office for your own ends, or use your connections for a greater cause
What will you sacrifice for freedom, and who will you sacrifice for power?
We hope you enjoy playing Blood Money. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)