2018-07-15 23:14:10

hi devinprater, thanks a lot for the guide, it's really helpful for sure.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-07-16 23:48:15

If anyone has any tips of defeating Garland, please let me know.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-07-17 01:50:04

the only way to beat him is try dashing in to him, hitting him with BRV, then try to hit him with HP attacks. I suggest when the X core is full, use your L and square button to activate your X-burst and hit him with it.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2018-07-17 02:26:46

Okay, so here's how I managed to do it. Gosh, my fingers are stiff from holding the controller probably too hard. Anyways, the warrior of light has this projectile attack, which is:
2147C
The way that works is, you start your joystick movement in the down position, then circle back then up a little, and press... gosh I hate these buttons, the button on the right of the gamepad, the one BlazBlue labeled C. The one to the right of the triangle. Did I mention I haven't gotten the hang of PSP button labels, or probably XBox ones either. Anyways, keep him at bay with the projectile attack, and when the chance presents itself, grab the two needed X-things to fill up the bar, and then hit him with that. Also, are you sure it's L+BRV to do the X-burst? I just hold down R, for use with dashing towards opponents, then I press R+BRV to have some kind of flashy attack, where at least the warrior of light talks about how he'll put all into this sword. I do wish there was a training mode.
Also, I found out how to turn off music! So, on the main menu, press Up, then ... Uh, X, to select the options menu. Then, using OCR, whatever option you're on will be *described* at the bottom of the window. All the options are in one menu, but it is a list so don't worry about grids and such. if you need exact key presses, how many presses down and such, I can do that later.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-07-17 16:38:04

Okay, so I've gotten to Sephiroth. Turning down the music has also helped a lot to make the game more enjoyable.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-07-18 03:07:04

Also, if anyone knows how to activate auto-x mode, please let me know. I think getting the X-bursts right will help a lot in making battles easier.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-07-28 06:21:36

ok so, still stuck on naruto ultimate ninja heroes 3.
I'm actually in chapter 2 mission 8, with might guy as the character. in this part, it says that I need to reach a checkpoint. the problem is, after dealing with the enemies, I reach a place with some kind of fire trap and about 2 or 3 enemies there.
I jump up the trap, kill the enemies, but if I go right I can't advance. what should I do? should I go back to the left again or should I jump somewhere else near the trap?

2018-07-28 08:46:56

Jump back left. That mission is tricky and if you use emulator, savestate may help a lot. The mission after that one is even more annoying.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-07-28 08:52:27

Double posting again, sorry: I just discovered how items and characters are arranged in Riviierra. If anyone struggle and have problems with that, I can may be give some tips.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-07-28 09:39:39

wow that one would be cool. I'm confused in that game when it comes to items and changing formation. if you have a tip for that it would be interesting to read.

2018-07-28 10:16:29

Yeah, I always thought it was arranged by when you got the items, which is hard since you never know what you're getting after battles, and it's hard to know what you're throwing away.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-07-28 11:55:38

So items are arranged like this, everytime you battle, you pick four items out of the list, and the items are automatically saved as:

1 9
2 10
3 11
4 12
5 13
6 14
7 newest

There may be more but the newest item you obtain after each battle is aalways up from your first curcer on the item screen, and your latest used items take up the first 4 slots from your curcer downward. The previously used items that you selected for the battles before, but not the latest, go to 5-6-7-8 before taking up the other side of the screen. Like for example, if you selected the ruby stave as one of the items for battle A, but then take it out and change to black scythe, the ruby stave will be down from your forth item. This doesn't apply to item orders, meaning whatever items in the list do that.
If there's a force selection of items in a battle, notably stage 1 and 2, the forth item will take the fifth slot instead, and the first will be replaced with the force selected item.

As to formations, when you first enter battle screen, your curcer will be at melee, down once and you'll be at magic. After selecting formation, characters are arranged downward as follows:

Ein/Ecthel
Cierra
Serene
Lyuri/Lina
Fia

2018-07-28 12:50:00

ok wait, 4 items? , is that mean every characters shares the same items?

2018-07-28 14:04:04

Not everyone can use the same items. Only certain characters can use certain items. Choose wisely.

2018-07-28 16:46:11

hmm, I see, so for example...
I pick ein's sword, the bow, and 2 healing items.
on the battle menu, each character have to select one of that 4 items to use, right?

2018-07-29 00:14:27 (edited by mata 2018-07-30 11:23:38)

One for each, or pick ones that many characters can share. Lina, Fia, Serene and Cierra can use rapiers, for example.

Here's some general guidelines of what items what characters can use. You can try to remember how each item sounds by learning as your game progresses. I'll post what I remember here too, just in case. The same item lines share the same sounds, +additional elemental damage sounds in case of some. So if you pick up two rapiers, you won't know what is what unless you activate an overskill that tells the difference,. The easiest way is to use level 3 overskill, because characters will announce the moves.

Item : sounds : characters
Einherjar: that "thrash" slash sound most of you are probably familiar : only Ein.
Lorelei : three slow combo, followed by whoosh and a single thrust : Available for Ledda only in stage 1. This item is mandatory for that stage.
Rapier : fast three hit combo, or fast three clang for Cierra : Ein (level 2), Fia (level 3), Serene, Cierra.
Bow : a slow single thwap : Ein, Fia (level 2), Lina (level 3), Cierra.
Scythe : a single thwap faster than bow, a clang for Lina : Ein, Lina (possibly level 2), Serene (level 3).
Staff, rod or wand : two thwaps for ein, healing ring for Fia, two clangs for Cierra : Ein, Fia (level 2), Cierra (level 3).
Spellbooks : a thwap followed by occassional elemental damage for Lina, healing ring for Fia, and an elemental damage sound for Cierra : Lina, Fia (level 2), Cierra (level 2).
Orbs : a single zwing sound for all, a whoosh, plunk, follows by occasional elemental damage for Lina : any characters, but mostly Ein, Serene and Lina may be able to use overskills. Different orbs are skillable by different people, unlike other items.
Clock : some tick tocks and whoosh, high for forward timing, low for backward timing : all characters. clocks usually don't have overskills, but if so, possibly only Cierra can learn it.
Special swords : A whoosh followed by several thrust and push attacks : only Fia can use these. They're available in stage 4 on, and only at special places where you need to pull them out, like Zantetsu. You'll know if one is Fia's sword if there's an option for her to remove it by herself. These don't include dragon killer lines.
Dragon killers : a whoosh followed by a thwap, a slash or something along that line (I can't remember how the last one sounds) : only Ein can use these. They don't have the option for Fia to retrieve them.
Spears/lances : two slow thwaps for Ein, two slow clangs for Fia and Serene, two faster thwaps for Lina : Ein (level 2), Fia, Lina, Serene.
Magic broom : delayed and slow healing ring for Fia, a quick tick tock and whoosh for Cierra, a whoosh and a thunk attack for Lina: available after helping Nana mop the floor in stage 5 something. Fia, Lina and Cierra can use, but only Cierra can learn overskill.
Black earrings : two powerup whooshes : any characters. No overskill.
Potions : healing ring : all characters.
Brewable herbs : silence for most, a zip and a bling for Fia : only Fia can learn the overskill and change it to potion. It'll stay in its slot after being brewed, and there's no need to rebrew it again in the next battle.
Eggs : wet cracks for most, the same zip and bling cook sounds for Cierra : Anyone can use, but they'll just waste the usage and don't really do anything useful with it. However, Lina can waste the egg by throwing it at someone's face as an overskill. Cierra can make more use of it by frying as an overskill as well.
Steaks : Fia will return a bling, after may be a comment of her not eating meat. The same cook sounds for Cierra : Anyone but Fia  and Cierra can eat steaks raw. Cierra can learn a skill and turn it into a cooked steak with more healing potency which all  but Fia can use.
Ribbon : a bling for everyone, a bling and a whoosh for possibly Fia or Lina, or just Lina : given by Nono when you talk to her for the first time after stage 1, anyone can use it, but it's pretty useless except for Lina who can learn a skill to tangle someone weakly with it. I usually get rid of this as soon as possible though.
Cards : a magical hum and then a clang or several clangs, depends on how much power it can draw : this is a nifty item that can draw power from enemies and transfer back to you. Anyone can use it.
Holy orb : a bling for everyone : the normal skill is useless. Only Lina and Fia can learn overskills from it. This item is the exl for Fia, meaning she can learn a level 3 execution level overskill from it. The skill is Banishment, a powerful destruction attack that kills every enemy on screen that comes in contact with the skill. Doesn't work on bosses or enemies that can't be killed though.
Claw items : three fast thwaps for Lina and Serene : this item line is quite powerful even though they don't have level 3 overskills. Lina can learn level 2 from them I think, and Serene can learn level 1. Only these two characters can use this item line.
Whips : three slow thwaps for Lina and Serene, two faster and one slower thwaps for Cierra : Lina, Serene and Cierra (level 2).
Spider webs : a whoosh, a slide and some zoom+tick tocks : anyone. This is a binding item with no over skill.
Slime balls : an egg sounding wet squishy cracks, then whoosh and tick tocks : another binding item available to anyone.
Smoke bombs : a plunk : these unskillables are to decrease enemies' chance to hit us, available for anyone.
Seneca qui : a whoosh and healing rings for fia, a whoosh and fire blast for Cierra : obtained from ripped book pages in stage 4. Only Fia and Cierra can use it.
Naga fang : a whoosh and a thrash for Lina, a whoosh and a zwap for Ein : Ein and lina can use this one. It's gotten from killing a naga in stage 1. Only Ein can learn a level 1 lightning over skill from it though. Lina can bind someone with its successful attack.

Tips for using these items : anything you do moves your character, from scrowling to executing skills. If you have savestate, using save after each successful attacks or before executing several healings is advised. If you use an item on someone and miss, reload the state to before that round, move your curcers up and down slightly in the different ways than the first time you do, for example, if you hit down once, change to hit up twice, or down up down, or down up down up down etc. If that doesn't work, try changing your position in the select menu. The position changing doesn't have to be successful. Even a failed one moves your character. Try repositioning and go for ups and downs combination, or open an overskill then close, then execute that item again til it hits.
Also, powerful mobs with full overdrive Gage can break out of your bindings, even if it's a successful hit.

There're way more than this I can't think of right now. I'll add later if I find any.

2018-07-29 06:14:33

wow, thanks for the explanation.

2018-08-12 19:49:09

Great news! The way to gain abilities for characters is to play more, literally. Use the simple battle menu option, which actually has an accessible character select system when using OCR, and level up your character. At level 15 or so, you'll get the beginnings of the x-burst automatic system. Just keep playing. Also, the online play, at least the lobby part, is accessible with OCR. Lol, do people just not even want to do online play with PSP games? I mean, MK Unchained has the ability, and there are, at the moment, 80 people, spanning quite a few games, including the DBZ games, on pro.coldbird.net, the network PPSSPP uses for online play, so its not like we'll be the only ones there.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-08-13 04:04:29

What game is this?

2018-08-13 12:27:44

I think it's for dissidia FF.

2018-08-13 12:29:32

I think the option to reassign new abilities to your character slots is there when you press the character menu. I don't know if it works with ocr, but so far I just mash random buttons til mine change lol.

2018-10-07 14:18:00

I found out which sound to listen for, to get EX-cores. It begins with a magic-chime-like sound, and continues for about two seconds, but the ex-core is still there, so just press L, and dash for it.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-10-07 16:05:49

I seem to notice that too. Wonder if characters have more than one x burst or just one.
And heck, I love firion and zidane

2018-10-08 15:40:00

I like the warrior of light, and Laguna in Dissidia FF. Thank goodness I figured out how to turn off music. Have you figured out how skills work? I've gotten Warrior of Light to like level 40 or so, but don't notice that much of a difference. Also, chasing works like this.
First, hit your opponent with a bravery attack, usually using their sword or whatever less flashy attack is, with button 3, in BlazBlue terminology. Then, continue pressing 3 until the combo is complete. Right afterwards, press 4, or X on the gamepad. I get confused with Square and Circle so yeah. After pressing 4, you can press either 1 for an HP attack, or even better, 3 again for another HP attack. If your opponent isn't smashed against a structure on the stage, you can follow up with 4, then 3, or 4, then 1, to round things out a little, ending with an HP attack. Beware, though, that your opponent can dodge, then chase you back, but you can do the same thing. Press 4 to dodge then, then quickly choose and press if you want to do HP or bravery.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-10-08 17:06:10

It doesn't always have to be that combo though. as soon as you get them in your combo chain and manage to hit them continuously with hp attacks a few around, followed by a successful bravery, power item has a chance to drop. If you have it in your possession, that's x burst for ya.