2018-07-22 21:29:10

I know I know, this has been brought up before. However I feel like this needs to be addressed. As we currently stand, RS has issues. Large ones, to be precise. Starting from being able to track afk people but not being able to hit them, to cheep kills with weapons that can hit you at 40 tiles away, all the way to creating a team and dominating the entire game. As it currently stands, SCM has the control of the board. They constantly have people online, killing anyone who comes on the battlefield, and generally forcing the comunity to stay on kg or the arenas. This is fine, but it also blocks off most of the features implemented into the game. I've been talking to the folks on the game, and I was told that, and I quote this: "Sam didn't make the game to be fair, he built it for this exact reason, for some team to always have the upper hand." End quote. I'm not gonna wine about it, not gonna complain about scm, even though most of them are assholes, I'm just gonna ask: Hey Sam, Carter, guys. Are you planning to fix these balancing issues? Or are you satisfied with the way the things stand. Are you gonna keep adding things and ignore the large holes in your product which favors a certain group of players? Or are you working on re-balancing the game.

2018-07-22 21:45:50 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2022-04-26 01:46:30)

My thoughts exactly. I have no idea how you wrote this post with as much control as you did. Gold star for that.

Quite frankly, RS is a mess. If you so much as step on the battlefield for 3 seconds, you are annihilated by someone with 30000 health, 600 shields, and an M82.

Then, you have people who spam the chat system in other languages. Seriously, why can't separate language chat channels be implemented?

Thirdly, teams are unbelievably powerful. Way to powerful for a game like this. Take SCM, for example. They've been in power for over 2 months, and they have loads of resources. They're not going down any time soon.

And those are just some of the issues facing this game. And I'm just about sick of it. Sam, Carter, either fix this or let someone else take control of the game. Enough is enough!

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2018-07-22 21:55:01

This is an issue indeed. I've played redspot myself and I'll be honest. I've gotten 175 kills with no issues what so ever. There are some very serious balancing issues with this game. This is why I've stopped playing recetly. Yes, I'll pop in from time to time, but I don't really play most of those times due to the combo spamme and people with tons of other stuff.
Also, invisibility shields. These are to make you untrackable, but the thing is that you can easily buy 450 of these and put them on one before the oother ends and be untrackable forever. So divide 450 by 2 and you get 225. This means that if people continue touse shields it restarts timers but if they use it before the prev timer runs out, they'll be able to go around for way over 200 minutes. Not that someone would want to, but I'm posting an example here. Something needs to be done.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2018-07-22 22:06:09

I don't know, they should either hand it off, or take it down.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-22 22:22:11

ironcross32 wrote:

I don't know, they should either hand it off, or take it down.

Hand it off, I say. Sam and Carter have proven they can't run a balanced game, so...

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.

2018-07-22 22:44:06

this exactly is the reason I left redspot a loooooong time ago. I'm quite frankly done with all the issues it has, from over powered teams which I sometimes experienced first hand as a member, to the lack of response or iniciative from either sam, carter, or any other of the admins. To say things clearly, I don't play any of sam tupy's games anymore, all I usually do is pop in about once a month to check the current MOTD, if that. This probably won't change unless they, and their games do.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-07-22 23:22:35

This is an honest question I'm about to ask here. Why do people keep playing these games? They'll play, find something wrong, complain on this forum, start a bashing session, it'll turn into a flamewar, and the cycle is repeated. Why don't people just stop playing these games/writing forum topics completely? Continuing to play their games/call them out  via forum posts only feeds their need for attention.
Also I'm not sure what your aim is, because it's clear they aren't going to hand over control of their games anytime soon, as seen by the many many topics created before this. Again, not trying to start anything. Just my thoughts.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-07-23 00:15:31

@post 7:
As sad as this is, RS is the only online fps that's good. I might be contradicting myself here, but let me explain.
RS has decent sounds, which is a plus for it, because stuff like DM or city mass just lifted sounds from all other projects. Furthermore, DM or city mass didn't bring anything new to the audiogaming scene, while rs did. Another plus in my book.
RS is in English, which makes for another plus in my book believe it or not. DM or CM have very shoddy translations, the ladder just being a clone of another game.
RS has original ideas added to it on top of the old beetem up game, again, another plus in my book. I'm always looking for something original.
And finally, RS has the competitive edge to it, which the other games seem to lack. I mean come on, prove me otherwise.
As to why I'm bringing it up, I care about the game. I like it, and I hate it at the same time. I like the concept of it, and I hate how it's being designed. I like the competitive nature of the game, hell I don't play anything that's not competitive, and I  hate how the game is reliant on how much stuff you have. I'm not screaming for total realism here, no, in fact if Carter added realism to the game I'd be the first one to say this shit's too hard, what I'm wanting here is the same equal chants to reach the top. Now, I dare you to tell me that a normal player can go and be just as competitive as someone like SCM. Hint, the person who said that a normal player has that chants is wrong.

2018-07-23 01:15:38

First of all what makes you believe that after years of work on the game they're gonna go and say here it is, selling the game! Or much less give it out for grabs. Second, I agree with post 6, you guys just complain about the game over and over, but there you are logged in 30 hours of the week, killing and dieing. The only thing I like about redspot is the melee arena and the combo arena. KG is cool from time to time as well. I dont' really go on battle field a lot.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-07-23 02:01:26

@Post 9:
I don't know where you got this idea, but I'm not on rs 30 hours a week. I rarely come on it for an hour a week. The reasons as to why have been mentioned above

2018-07-23 02:45:31

Wasn't directing that twards you. I'm talking about the people who post these topics in general or contribute to the forum about this.

Ivan M. Soto.

2018-07-23 02:49:34

I'd say SCM got power in a period in which the community wasn't really active, and they've basically grow up without anyone that could stop them, which actually turned out to getting that team OP, that's not behing unbalanced, that's simply behing over powered. Plus if no one tried to kill them in the mean time there's nothing we can complain about. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just saying
Plus, the new weapons that got introduced while SCM was gaining power made it more hard for people to rebel to them. There's not really a way to stop them, but I did notice there were other teams which were getting over powered as well, not sure if they're still alive. If they're trucing with SCM expect the thing to be more fucked up.
I did notice, the bitcoin flow has a complicated balance, because the only 2 places where you can get many bitcoins from are the sky island, and the killing ground. You can grab in the killing ground and get pack of bitcoins, plus killing would actually give you some reward, hell I remember geting more than 80 bitcoins by doing that.
The real problem comes when you have to maintain a base, and when you have to find mates that do not share base's location or back stab your team like most happened in my case.
And if you do want really to stop them you have to be active like or more than they are. Not saying you are forced to do it, but just saying what I think.
I honestly have a fucked up grammar, so if some one didn't understand what I said feel free to criticize

Paul

2018-07-23 04:06:16

what about survive the wild? is it the same way? I haven't played that game in six months or so.

2018-07-23 08:11:34

Nothing new in stw.

2018-07-23 09:11:57

Ok so get this, i was playing redspot about 2 hours ago and then I see projectiles coming, no, it's not like spamme or lag, it was just like 4 or so. So then, the launcher of these projectiles starts running, and then decides to go afk. I was on tt at the time and someone called one of the devs and apparently the dev said something about being busy coding or some shit like that. The issue is that this person told the dev  about the problem before he said the code thing. Then, the dev comes online and updates the server a few times. This shows that the devs care more about updating their games then players cheating.
Honestly if this is the case, why the fuck is rule 4 a thing. It's annoying when you tell the dev something and you know he heard it, oh yeah, and he could of used his forceafk command to like fix this issue but no, he cares more about his broken updater. Talk about trying to balance a game but then let's let everyone on it cheat and only ban players that were banned before.
Anyways, I'm done ranting for now. Have a very good day people.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2018-07-23 09:54:34

not trying to defend anyone here, but why did the guy contacted the dev directly, if there's an admin team for a reason.

Paul

2018-07-23 10:27:04 (edited by Jod 2018-07-23 10:37:02)

this again! OMG some noobs! 
every game, i mean every game is like this.     even mainstream games,  most of them are like this.      you just have to gather pro players  and make your own good team and destroy scm.  and it's very easy.    i know why they complain, because most of  redspot players are noobs coming from stw to redspot.   i can see on kg,  no one even know's how to fight good, only a few i can say are good. there are some players who complain on redspot, and i think, they are just ment to be killed.
oh and about scm, the reason    they are overpowered is because they add everyone who tries to destroy their team.       once me and a few guys    assembeled a team,  we were   near destroying scm but then the team backstabbed me because   they added someone who has  personal   problems with me  and they were saying give your items to him or be removed.       we were near destroying scm completely, then  lucy the beast came from somewhere and invited me to their team.    just when they had 2 bases and because the prev team i was  on    removed me because of another person i helpped them,   this didn't happen only to me, but a lot of people too.   a lot of you guys were near     wiping  scm out completely  but then they added you and  you  joined it instead as  trying to destroy it.

2018-07-23 11:23:36

@9 I feel like I have to address your remark because you referenced my post. I don't play 30 hours a week. I play maybe 2 minutes per month, if even that. Because that's about how long it takes me to open the game, log in, and find out it's still the same old shite. I'll just hope ghorthalon releases his web fps some time, then we might have an actually well designed and thought out game to play, for free, with good sound design to boot.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-07-23 15:20:34

So something also happened a few hours ago, well maybe now about 12 hours ago. Someone got extremely mad at a player for destroying their base, so the player attacks them and kills them. What does the player do in return? They comone online and start sending the eloquence crash codes. Honestly Redspot's administration team seems to not bee very good at actual administration, just actually giving a damn when they're actually online playing the game.

Ivan M. Soto.

2018-07-23 16:19:05

scm should be distroie, like u k a, and etc big teams distroied

2018-07-23 17:40:40

ivan_soto wrote:

So something also happened a few hours ago, well maybe now about 12 hours ago. Someone got extremely mad at a player for destroying their base, so the player attacks them and kills them. What does the player do in return? They comone online and start sending the eloquence crash codes. Honestly Redspot's administration team seems to not bee very good at actual administration, just actually giving a damn when they're actually online playing the game.

Oh yeah. That happens a lot.

2018-07-23 18:09:33

The problem is that scm is a team of doosh people who sit AFK all day

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2018-07-23 18:17:37

Agreed with post 7. If redspot is that bad, why don't you just leave it all together? Or are you trying to get the devs, who really don't care about the game any more, to do something about it? Plus, if that as I like to call it hardcor part is unbalanced, then play on the kg, and if you're very much like me and are sick of the security 6 revolver, then there are the arenas. Yes they have their problems as well, like being able to use combos in the melee arena and some seriously op combos, but it's standable. And even if that's too much, well. Leave redspot. Anything else to say really? Wondering how haven't people got this a while ago.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2018-07-23 19:01:23

Hello,
Thankfully, there is at least one good alternative to Redspot now: The Killer.
Yes, yes, you are going to rage at how much of a clone it is and shit like that but it has developed into a very good game which is no longer a nest for cheaters and everyone else who got banned elsewhere.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-07-23 20:00:12

I don't particularly understand the point of this topic other than simply venting your feelings about a broken game, but I'll play along.
I honestly see both sides here. I'm not going to sit here and uselessly defend points we all know are valid. SCM is overpowered, no question, the reason primarily being bitcoin overabundance. I don't know why indica aisle was ever thought up. At the time it was to appease a group of stoners, but spawning 5 bitcoin packs an hour was one of the worst decisions in the history of the game. I've been badgering Sam to get rid of that pretty much since the day it was added, and he finally thwacked it down to spawning only packs of 4 bitcoins last night. We also plan to make corpses spawn only a fraction of the bitcoins a user was carrying so there is some penalty for dying again, because as it stands right now, the dominant team can hunt down any items they've lost to up and coming teams and have them all rounded up in time for dinner. We're hoping these changes will cause SCM to burn their store down to something more manageable by the rest of the players.
In the end though, SCM isn't going anywhere unless you guys do something about them. And I mean really try. Gear up on KG for an hour, build a base with invis shields, make a hidden team, gear up more and attack. Most of SCM is a few mindless drones collecting and doing whatever Lucy tells them. The only reason they're so powerful is because they took advantage of the game's terrible bitcoin balance issues, and because they have so much time on their hands, and people left them alone for so long, they were able to gather an absurd item stash in relative peace. When SCM was pretty new, not Sam's sCM but Lucy's copy, I spent a feverish night working them down. A lone player, I raided three big fat bases, chased an overpowered guy around for over an hour before finally defeating him, and took out a couple more drones before going to bed and letting a few others finish the rest. I woke up to find SCM had disappeared from the list. That wasn't an easy thing, but it can be done. Three or four decent players could do some serious damage to them in just a few short days.
And finally, I'll address @15: of course the devs are more interested in coding, did you miss that they're devs? I understand the frustration with afk abusers, but please don't bother the devs directly about it. Send your cheating stuff to [email protected], which is both a skype and email account. I'll also take this time to point out publicly that afk abusing is and always will be a very difficult thing to nail people for. Yes, people use that as a means to avoid fighting or losing items, but no one really knows what the player behind the keyboard's true intentions are. Things come up, and there's no way to truly prove someone's guilt. What we watch for is repeated reports. If we get several in a row from the same name, that's where we'll check it out. I also have a few tricks up my sleeve, and I'll sometimes ask you guys to help me catch them red-handed. But again, realize that it's a difficult position we're in, and we can't just press the administrative buttons whenever you ask.