2018-07-19 04:08:34

Hi all,

Getting back into Crazy Party again, and curious how to unlock gems?
First of all, I've completed The Valley and haven't got a single perfect. I was hoping at least to get a perfect in Protect the Duck but only got 11 points! I was close to the duck for pretty much the whole time! Do you have to center it?

Then only getting 18 points in saling across the Lake? What? How could I go wrong there?

Basically, I have to get perfect 20s to unlock gems right?

2018-07-19 04:20:33 (edited by defender 2018-07-19 05:51:08)

No, in the adventure mode, you get gems for every 100 points in your final score for that world, once you've completed it.
You can also get them from the reward boxes scattered throughout each world.
Getting perfect 20's on some games gives you a higher chance to unlock a bonus box, as that can open up extra paths.
You'll know if completing a game will unlock additional paths if it has a small click mixed into the normal two tone bling when stepping onto a game square.
Sometimes getting a perfect score in a game can also unlock the path to a bonus game, where you can wrack up allot of extra points, hence, a better chance for more gems when that world is completed.
Oh, and rarely, at random on some sidescrollers, you can find a teleporter that will take you to a special path above or below the normal game area that's got several gems to pick up.
Their are allot more ways to gain gems too, but that's later on.

2018-07-19 05:44:14

Oh, so that's what the click means. Cool I didn't know that.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-07-19 06:37:53

If either of you want to be added to the Crazy Party Skype group, where you can get help easier, just give me your Skype name.

2018-07-19 09:58:48

Wait, what other ways are there to get gems? The only other way I know of is to do online stuff. If you come first, you get as many gems as there are people in the party. I think up to a certain point you still get some gems though too.

2018-07-19 13:31:31

You can also get gems as gifts when playing in board mode as well, particularly in boards like the mischievous castle that have a lot of bonus gift squares.

I will say I wish there were both more things to unlock with gems and indeed more ways of getting them in single player, since once you've unlocked all the boards, hard mode and six party battle, the other unlocks cost several hundred gems each.

It'd be nice if prices for things were spread around a bit more evenly, also it'd be nice if you got more than one measily gem for each 100 points completing a zone, actually with the amount  gems you need for certain unlocks, and the fact that some things you can buy with  gems such as a pass to the unlock games world are rather expensive, imho it should be one gem per 40 points in single player, but hay, at least it gives something to work for, even if it'll take a lot of work, especially if your a more casual player.

Then again, I confess I've fallen off myself in the battle mode recently as I need to redesign some decs, so haven't played online battles for quite a while, and  believe online battling can earn you more gems than minigames.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-19 20:57:18

I'm terrible at battle mode, having never been into Pokemon or any other card collecting games really, so I doubt I'll get far enough to collect more gems that way. It's been interesting figuring out how it works with no prior experience with such things, that's for sure.

I've never seen one of those teleporters. How often do they show up?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-07-20 02:20:32

didn't even know about the teleporters at all, so that might explain how rare they are. But also, I'm frankly not that good.

as for getting gems in multiplayer, you get them in reverse order to how you place overall, and I think also one for every 100 coins you have at the end of a party. for example by what I mean about reverse order, if there were 5 people playing together in an online multiplayer game, the person in last place would get 1 gem just for taking part, the person in fourth place would get 2 and the person in third place would get 3, with the guy who won getting 5, but I can't remember for certain if that is how it works. And then of course there is also what you get for getting more than 100 coins. Multiplayer is the best way to get gems because even if you get a low score, you'll at least get one. You can't say that for several of the single player modes. I rarely get gems from single player games except for the quiet woods board because I play long games and rock at the mini-games that that board gives you and also in the handful of worlds where I can find safe deposit boxes, I can get ahold of some sometimes, though even though I often finish worlds with high scores, I rarely break 100.

2018-07-20 02:38:33

I think some teleporters only appear in a certain cituation.

2018-07-20 02:47:36

The deep water is my favorite. I can easily get over 200 points with that board. There are a few games which trip me up in the deep woods. The main one being that stupid hunting ants game. Ugh! Also, the bank can really screw you on that board if you're not careful.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-07-20 04:25:38

I haven't seen these teleporters either, but then again I haven't played crazy party as much as I might have done online or off it.

with getting gems in single  player I can usually earn one on most zones, though some zones are still tricky,, for example the planes I only barely completed thanks to the difficulty of some games, and if I have a bad run at others I can finish with few coins, though there are other zones like the Castle that I can always guarantee to ace fairly well.

The one thing I do wish, is that Pragma would finally! give us something to do with those coins we get "in our box" since it doesn't make sense to keep picking them up and have nothing to do with them, indeed I don't really get why things like playing an unlocked minigame cost gems instead of coins, imho temporary things like playing unlocked minigames or launching a solo party should cost coins.

I think board game wise Mischievious castle is best for gems since it has so many gift boxes, actually I'm really looking forward to seeing the board game mode expanded with more boards and square types, imho its one of the most interesting aspects of the game and hasn't recieved enough attention in the updates recently.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-20 04:31:15

Agreed about the coins. It does feel rather cheap that we have so many, and can't do a thing with them. I get that using gems as currency adds a certain difficulty factor, but what's the point of racking up coins exactly?

2018-07-20 14:15:38

the coins are basically our XP and it determines our level, but right now level I don't think is displayed publicly and even so it seems to be simply bragging rights. I wish level meant something such as eventually you got special rewards for getting to certain levels or you could then buy things in the rewards rooms for  a special price.

2018-07-20 19:05:23 (edited by defender 2018-07-23 22:47:22)

here are the games we've found that it can happen in so far.

Sometimes on the following minigames, teleporters will spawn that move you to a special path (or room, if it's a 2d game) with gems to collect!
In games with multiple levels, like underground or water, they can spawn at the bottom too.
If your playing online, their will be rubies their instead.

Wasps lake
Haunted forest
Windy peak
The fireclouds
jellyfish bay
jumping penguins
Boreal Forest
The Chasm's Cave
The flying boat
Underground facility
across the sewers.
The Hedgehogs path
Glacial Lake
The diamonds mine
The clocks of the village
The hidden palace

2018-07-21 00:56:28

Cool, I hope I can find it, then. Although I'm not going to torture myself by playing the flying boat any more than I have to, lol.

2018-07-21 03:27:40 (edited by defender 2018-07-21 03:29:20)

I love the flying boat, but it's a hair raiser!

I also just found out that you can get teleporters in 2D games as well, it takes you to a special room rather than another path.
I updated the list in post 14 with 3 more games, the last one is a 2D game.

2018-07-21 20:04:15

I got a teleporter thing in the fireclouds one time, then I went back to play it again and I didn't get it.
Then again, the second time I went as fast as possible rather than doing many other mini games first.

2018-07-21 22:12:13

Good to know, thanks!

2018-07-22 06:05:41

@19
done.

2018-07-23 14:18:08

Interesting list there defender.

I do remember finding a  somehwere out of the way in  wasps lake while playing an online game at one point, though I assumed that was more to do with random ruby placement than anything which might happen in single player mode.
I'll have to keep a watch for these teleporters in single player mode.

2018-07-28 21:42:34

The one I found was just like a ladder where you pressed the up arrow key to climb it.

2018-07-28 23:35:21

I've been thinking about this more, and I'm pretty sure I did encounter one on the hedgehog's path when I first started playing. At the time I was more concerned about racking up points, although I remember thinking, huh, that's odd, there shouldn't be a way to climb down in a pure sidescroller like this. I could kick myself now, though, because I haven't gotten it to show up there or anywhere else again. But at least I unlocked the castle board now, and it seems like you can get a decent amount of gems, because about halfway through the board there are a bunch of gift squares that will sometimes give you some. And since I usually get good scores on most of the games there, I end up with 300 coins or thereabouts.

2018-07-30 02:36:38

I'd like to see a bigger gem bonus every time you beat a gym in the battle mode, and more than just one gem for beating the Grand Council. For those of us who enjoy that sort of thing...well, those battles take a fair amount of time, and they don't murder your hardware the way the minigames do.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-07-30 07:46:24 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-07-30 07:47:36)

well no one mentioned it yet, but an online micro game party (i go there and host them as juancholoco) can give you gems relatively quickly. You could play 5 of those in about 10 minutes.  Never ever encountered the portals though.
I am too bad at many of the mini games so I have not been even able to unlock much yet. It just irritates me some people go online and have this ridiculous amount of objects and gems which makes it just unfair for everyone else.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-07-30 10:16:28

I still haven't sorted out a propper deck since the battle mode has got rather overly complex with so many different card combinations and new type rules, in some ways I actually preferd when it was a single element game, though I can understand why that was changed, still I've now got loads of cards and no idea where to start with deck building, so even though I've beaten all of the gyms my battle mode playing has fallen off considerably.

Then again, I seem to have unlocked most of the minigames other than those which are hyper frustrating such as the walking bombs and bouncing penguins, so I seem at a miner dead end with the game at the second.