2011-07-24 23:15:07

Hi all,
I am the owner of MTGames, where I make audio games. This will be my first true game I and a friend have written. It is called Easter quest. So without further delays, let's get into the game!
The goal of this game is to pick up as many eggs for as many points as you can in the allotted time period. You get 4 minutes, along with whatever extra time you may accumulate during the game. There are three types of eggs, which can increase the strategy of the game, as they are each worth a different number of points.
"But wait!" I hear you cry. Isn't that just like super egg hunt? My answer is not quite. There is no way for an enemy to attack you or anything in this game, but there is a dog that will try to bury your eggs, making you lose points, and worse, time. That is one difference. However, I think the major difference is that there are multiple types of eggs, as I have already said, each with their own number of points. Also, instead of having clocks, the eggs will occasionally give you extra time. I leave it up to you to decide whether you think this game is too much like super egg hunt. However my goal was not to replace super egg hunt, simply to offer some more options and flavor.
Now, to where you can get it. You can get this game at the games page: http://mtgames.org/games/. If you want a direct link for some reason, that link would be: http://mtgames.org/games/easter_setup.exe.
I hope you all enjoy this game and stick along with me in the years to come, as I develop even more audio games. Hang on, it'll be an interesting ride.
Sincerely yours,
Michael Taboada, MTGames.

2011-07-24 23:49:08

hi
i thinks dis game its
funny

2011-07-25 14:50:59

hi MTGames,
I have to say it's a really nice game. I downloaded it and played it perhaps three times. It's really funny! Good work!

Janagirl!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2011-07-25 15:11:10

Hi,
Wow, this game had me express the word "awwww" at the sound of the dog. The funny thing is, this game is a lot like super egg hunt, but it has a much more relaxed way about it. It's like you and the dog are really playing together, the dog doesn't sound annoyed at you, it's/his/her barks sound really cute, and, for some reason, the game has a more realistic feel about it rather than arcade style.
Thanks for this game, and, also... really loved the logo at the beginning, for some reason, it sounds like the sort of thing you might find in an adventure game, which seems to make me think that it could be what this all might be leading up to.

2011-07-25 16:07:43

this game is fun!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-07-25 18:27:50

Hi all,
Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm glad y'all like it! And yes, I do plan to make an adventure game in the future, but can't give much away yet as I don't know much myself! *grin*.
Thanks,
-Michael.

2011-07-25 19:30:32

Hey anyone played the adrian's doom game? it's the second one on that page and it's also accessible. And I like how on the easter quest thing it actually has a person saying the numbers instead of sapi

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-07-25 23:03:24

Hi stewie,
yeah, I know adrian's doom, too. And it's funny, too.

Oh yes, this I forgot to say, too. It's really cool that a person is speaking again. It's better than sapi and it's sad that the most games are only with sapi. Really, nicely done!

Janagirl!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2011-07-31 07:18:21

Hi all,
Just wanted to let everyone know that Easter Quest version 1.0.1 was released just now. I noticed that someone on our scoreboard was able to get nearly 1000 points, which made me think about the fact that we had no sound for 1000 points or higher. You can download it at the same link, http://mtgames.org/games or http://mtgames.org/games/easter_setup.exe.
Enjoy!
-Michael, MTGames and Kevin, Kevin A Games.

2011-08-04 04:02:38

Hi all,
I would like to announce that MTGames and Kevin A Games have just released Easter Quest version 1.1. There is more information in the change log in the readme, but in short, there is now a way to check the current time remaining, your score and the dog's score is now separate, and you can now turn off the background sounds. As well as that, your music volume settings and the background sound toggle now saves and is reloaded each time you run the game.
Enjoy,
-Michael, MTGames developer.

2011-08-04 11:21:51

hi MT games.
you create this game with BGT?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2011-08-05 00:38:46

I indeed did.
Hth,
-Michael, MTGames.

2011-08-05 11:18:45

hi michael.
in your website, you are planning to create a game called the status!
anyway, what's this game that you are working(the status)?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2011-08-05 17:48:52

Hi MTGames and KAG,
Kudos for this release. This is one of the more worthwhile games to download and play and you did a nice job on it. Keep up the great work.

2018-07-17 15:57:09

Hello,
The link to this game is broken. I was talking about this game. does anyone have this game?

2018-07-17 16:07:28 (edited by janagirl 2018-07-17 16:09:16)

Try this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpvbccm4wdogk … p.exe?dl=1
Hope that helps!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2018-07-18 07:41:54

Holy crap! You actually still had the set up from 7 years ago? LOL that's awesome!
I'm going to upload this to the audiogames archive so it doesn't get lost again.

2018-07-18 13:41:16

Hi,
Definitely upload this to the audiogames archive!

2018-07-18 16:36:26

@Defender: Yes, that was a game for which I immediately knew that I have the setup. My husband is playing it on my pc often since I show him some audio games and he sent me the setup to my laptop and there I copied it on different external hard drives. There, I for a long time made a folder called "audiogames" where there are many many audio games. But uploading would be very super!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2018-07-18 17:47:41

I wonder what other old and long lost games might be in that folder.

2018-07-18 18:54:11

Yeah, me too, I wonder what is in that big folder.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-07-18 20:19:25

I wonder as well...

2018-07-22 00:49:14

Easter quest is now available from the various developers page on agarchive.net:
https://agarchive.net/pages/devs/misc.html

@janagirl:
I too would be interested in seeing what else you happen to have in that folder. If you're interested in trying to get any of it on the archive, please do shoot an email to [email protected].

2018-07-28 21:44:31

Just got it thanks.

2018-07-28 23:48:14

Nice one, this is an audio game I actually hadn't heard of, and I'm a sucker for the classics. Considering all the positive feedback it got, I imagine I'm going to enjoy it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.