2018-07-22 00:28:36 (edited by burak 2018-07-22 00:29:53)

Hello,
I had a bluetooth headphone which stopped after the battery ran out. I tried to charge it but it still didn't turn on. So I changed the headphone with warranty and got a new same model. I deleted the pairing of the old headphone from my computer.
Toshiba uses it's own software called bluetooth manager to manage connections. When I  try to add that headphone to my computer, after authorizing connection it says "setting up audio device please wait", then says "failed to connect to a remote device". Is there a way of disabling this software so I can do it  the windows 7 way? I tried downloading drivers for my computer from toshiba but one of the drivers completely corrupted bluetooth so I did a system restore. The headphone works fine on my brother's windows10 computer and my iPhone.
Thanks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-07-22 17:34:33

hi, toshiba bluetooth stack works super cool. when it works. so it may be that it got itself confused.
are you willing to try with the stack? or do you wanna go windows way. you'll have to uninstall it if you do. what version of windows are you running though. either way, i'll be happy to try and help you, if you wanna keep the software. or uninstall, either which way. you could also reinstall the same stack but choose to tell it to delete all settings, then reinstall it and retry the set up

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-07-22 18:21:44

Hello,
As you have said, I think the best way would be resetting all settings and setting it up again from the start. Can you please help me?
Thanks.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-07-22 19:23:42

sure thing, i'd be happy to. lets first get on the same page, and try the obvious stuff? then we will go digging in. kindly do the following for me.
before you begin, please go to its bluetooth connection menue and in the list, unpare all devices. if any is pared.
after this, please do the following.

1. go to its uninstall option. but this time, if it asks if you are sure to delete all bluetooth parings. please say yes. to all. or, yes.
then the uninstall will begin,
2. reboot pc please.
after that, get back to me, that is when the fun stuff starts

2018-07-22 20:10:01

Hello,
I have done what you said. Let's start the fun stuff.

2018-07-24 16:43:09

okay, before I begin.
my little disclaimer as usual.
Know 2 systems are the same, what may work for 100 of you mite not work, for a few of you.
if any thing breaks and your pc turns in to a cat, and begins to meeuw. I am not held responsible.
Now with that little note of fun and sunshine out of the way. lets dig in!
1. reboot pc and disable any anti vyrus you are running.
next,  create a restore point.

2. insure that only your internal drive is plugged in and that the toshiba file is coppied to the desktop
the setup file that is needed to install the stack.
switch off bluetooth headset if it is on.

3. please download the following ap with the link I provide.
4. important!
if you are running a 32 bit version of windows. use the 32 bit app. if you running 64 bit, then use 64 bit.
do* not* use 32 on 64 bit windows.
5. all files is found inside the folder i provided. after extracting it to your desktop. run the appropriate 32 bit or 64 bit file.
6These  apps are free ware and all credit goes to its author.
link is here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/12vknn66lvza5 … p.zip?dl=1

explenation.
this appp looks at all the USB devices that was connected in the past. and if not currently connected, will remove them from the pc.
this meanes that you must run the app as admin with full admin rights. do not worrie about what devices is in the list. but select all and hit delete. hit refresh, and check if more is in the list. if not. move on.
7. reboot pc.
8. after rebooting, rerun the app. if no usb devices is present acording to the app
then moove on.
now. reboot pc. and install the setup file.
remember to keep antivirus disabled while dooing this.
If windows pops up a driver warning, make very sure you tick the box that says, allow all software, or. trust all software from toshiba.
10. after setup. reboot pc.
Important, even if toshiba insists this is not needed. go ahead and reboot any way.
11. now. go to bluetooth settings by right clicking app icon in system tray and insure that, discover my device, or. find my device, is checked.
12. now go to bluetooth connections and make sure there's nothing in that list.
switch on your headset. and start the paring process.
14. if same mesage that it does not no what service this remote device has, or cant connect? comes up? get back to me

2018-07-24 18:16:07

Hello,
Unfortunately the same message appears.

2018-07-24 19:29:13

okay, go to paring options. but in sted of using express bluetooth settings. use, custome, select headset from the list, but un check hands free. if all this does not work, let me know. and i'll post another option for ya

2018-07-24 19:34:56

Hello,
It shows audio sync and handsfree. As you have said I have selected audio sync. Unfortunately it did not work.

2018-07-24 20:50:24

alll right, let me do some digging, and i'll be back with ya. there's one more option i wanna try. but i need a few things. and they reside at my ofice. i'll post back tomorrow with more options for ya. in the mean time if, ya wanna try and experament with windows own built in audio you can do so by uninstalling the stack, and use windows bluetooth devices, turn descovery on and go from there. but i'll post more bluetooth stack options tomorrow. i've seen this message also happen due to the fact that earlier versions did not wanna see the headsets but later ones did.

2018-07-24 21:06:06

Ok then, I'm waiting for tomorrow.

2018-07-25 15:33:08

okay, as promised. I'm back.
now, please follow instructions carefully.
as usual, I need to give my usual disclaimer.
If your PC suddenly turns in to a angel with wings, and begins to sing, boot, boot! boot boot. i can't boot. then kindly do not kill the messenger. laughs.
okay. now that this ray of sunshine is out of the way. lets dig in!
1. uninstall your stack.

2. reboot pc. and now run device clean up app., that  I've provided yesterday,  reboot pc again.
disable antivirus if any.
3. please download the reprised v9.0 stack, app I've included in the following link.
Warning, this is not meant for non Toshiba devices. attempting to use this with them, is done at your own risk. you've been warned.

Failing to heed my warnings can and will result in corrupted drivers. unstable systems and more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8zjl4xiev6w7 … d.zip?dl=1
once downloaded, manually create a restore point.

once at your desktop. please extract this file. once done. disable antivirus if not yet done so.

now, start bluetooth  setup. after you extracted the folder.
please pay close attention. to the prompts. if at any point the windows driver unsigned pops up asking you to trust this software. please do so. be careful because there is about 3 of those prompts. some systems will not have the, trust all software from Toshiba. but will rather let you have to tick this box each time the wizard tries to install the driver.
if you fail  to miss one of these prompts it will affect the installation since not all required drivers are signed.
symptoms may include, but not be limited to,
1, error finding Bluetooth, 2. finding Bluetooth but paring failures.
after all is said and done. the setup will stuck for a long time on. configuring Bluetooth services, or, installing Bluetooth. this is very normal.
eventually once setup is done. reboot pc.
now. 1 of 2 things will happen. either 1. the stack will tell you that it is not permitted to run with your Bluetooth install. witch is not true, since you have a genuine Toshiba Bluetooth laptop.
with the required Bluetooth chipset. for witch this stack was made.

if this happens. get back to me please. and I'll instruct you further.
2. if this does not happen and you can go to Bluetooth options and tick the box that says allow my devices to be found by all devices. then we good to go.
now turn on your headset and attempt to pare it.
3. if the software still fails. uninstall this stack, and then.

i ask that you do a system restore point all the way back, back, back to ware you first had your stack.
before you even tried to download the corrupted drivers that corrupted your system drivers.
I need u to go all the way back, when your pc still worked.
to the time when you had your other headphones.
if you can do this. I ask that you go to that point. but remember. to copy away my little setup file to a flash drive since system restore will delete it from your desktop.

remember also to keep all important documents since system restore may affect them.
if you now at this stage ware you did restore all the way back. because the current instructions failed to help. you will now find your self with  the original stack that you now have. and it thinks, that it still has pared with the old headphones. the ones you send back.
you now need to un pare them.
unpaire all devices.
uninstall the stack. reboot the pc.

run my little device clean up app. reboot pc. and re install my v9.0 stack.
if all this does not work. let me know as well.
there's allot of things I asked you to do here. so if all this does not work. and you tried every thing step by exact step.
Try to use windows native Bluetooth audio. by uninstalling all stacks, and let windows take over your Bluetooth device.
and again, tick the find my device by all devices option.
then add the headset and see if windows will allow you to use it.
I hope that all this helps.
if at any point you get stuck, please do get back to me.

2018-07-25 17:02:48

Hello,
Unfortunately, installing the stack you have provided did not solve the issue. I have done everything you wanted step by step up to that point. One issue I have is there is no box called allow this device to be discoverable. I have looked at the security level which says it is discoverable. I even paired it with my brother's laptop which succeeded. Can you please give me instructions about how to use bluetooth with windows audio?
The thing is, when I uninstall the stack, I don't see any signs of the computer having bluetooth. Thanks for your your instructions

2018-07-26 17:56:56

hi burak, I do find this very odd that it does not work. how ever, I did personally come across this. I had a old nokia phone, and I had this  same exact frustrating situation. however, when I did introduce the new version. it worked. I would have loved to experament further with your security settings. however, let me see if  I can get your windows to work with your bluetooth stack. that you asked for.
sorry to here you having such difficulty with the headset.
please tel me, what version of windows u are running?

2018-07-26 18:31:07

I am running windows 7 64-bit professional.

2018-07-29 20:45:34

i will try and have a look and see if i can come up with a answer for you. its tricky due to it being win seven. it often does not have native drivers. due to toshiba being so unkind. to not implement a standard interface to their chips.
I'm sorry my methods did not work out for you, though if I do have more. i'll be happy to share.