2018-07-19 13:20:35

hello, I have a question i want to get started with a virchal privat server but i am not sure where to start. Is there any servis you would say is good for a starter like me? also how would i set up servers on the vps?

Have a lovely day.

2018-07-19 18:45:07

@1, I see your new to Linux smile. Digital ocean would probably be your best bet, I think. Best prices, and great support. big_smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-07-19 20:21:35

Linode is pretty good to. All kinds of docs there and great support. D.O and linode are exactly competing at the same specs for their servers too.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2018-07-20 07:41:39

i think localhost is good if you want test it offline

2018-07-20 08:29:19

Hi.
I'll say Linode. That's what got me started, both regarding to servers and regarding to learning Linux. No, I'm not pro, not at all. But I have got things up and running, got a lot of experiences with Linux and servers in generel.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-07-20 09:20:35

cool I will check them out, I   no abit about linix because i have been playing with Ubuntu

Have a lovely day.

2018-07-21 12:41:06

will , as post one saed, i recommand you buy a one from Digital ocean , the're online 24 hours for support, about the type, maybe you can start with debian or send os, or eaven Ubuntu,

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw