2018-07-20 13:15:47

Can I advocate for the free safeguard every few levels to come back? Maybe it can be a feature you unlock after getting the achievement where you beat a pack without using safeguards, but for packs that have 20+ levels and difficulties that bounce around a bit (Crazy Party, Vocalloid), those few free safeguards gave you the chance to get through. I can understand you don't want the game to be too easy, but if we earned the privilege, like with the save setting, you could consider letting us have that back? The same with insurance. The current save setting isn't really worth using if failing means you lose your save. I know what you're trying to do, but there can be a fair middleground, can't there? Say, you buy an insurance, and those beatcoins aren't coming back. If you buy safeguards after getting the insurance, or change packs, you lose your save, but you get to try from that point every time until you beat the pack. There's challenging and there's I-will-go-insane-if-I-have-to-play-through-all-these-damn-slow-levels-one-more-time.
Also, being able to adjust the volume of the tracks would be nice, or have it so by default, the prompts are louder than the music by enough that you can hear them over it. The DBZ pack is a prime example for why something has to be done about this issue.
You can take my feedback or leave it, but I'd ask that you at least consider my suggestions for the reasons outlined above.

2018-07-20 14:15:12

You can adjust the music volume with page up and down.

2018-07-20 15:08:51

Yeah, and that lasts until you leave the main menu. I tried that multiple times and the DBZ pack's music was still just as loud when I started the game, and when I lost, the menu music was at full volume again.

2018-07-20 15:38:29 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-07-20 15:39:06)

Okay, person who suggested the Manamon pack, are you a sadist? Level eight is too fast! I can't keep up! Same with the STW pack, only with level 4!

2018-07-20 15:58:00

You do it when you start the game, not in the menu. Of course in the menu it will only adjust the menu music volume.

2018-07-20 16:45:28 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-07-20 16:49:20)

I tried to adjust the volume once the game started and it wouldn't go down.

Edit: ... Well. It just worked when I tried it. It wouldn't do it at the beginning of the DBZ pack during the intro, though. Maybe that doesn't count as game music.

2018-07-20 18:58:41

Of course, I thought it is pretty obvious that intro is not game.

2018-07-20 19:14:20

Well, now that part's been sorted out ... does anyone have a solution for the phenomenon where I have a pile of safeguards ready, and then make a few mistakes and suddenly my fingers are pressing all the wrong keys even though I am able to keep up with the rhythm, thus wasting safeguards needlessly? Because there comes a time when the prompts are coming so fast that I either slip up or it takes time before I can keep up, and then I'm whacking the wrong keys every time and I ultimately run out of safeguards instead of levels.

2018-07-20 19:46:29

I mean, how can there be a solution to that?

2018-07-21 04:56:28

@149
Try the Adventure at C: pack, ironically not that hard, the chiptunes pack, the Hopsin pack, the Dubby pack, and the Mario pack.
Bopet Tempo is an easy win if that's what you want.

2018-07-21 05:41:00

Well, no need to be an ass about it. That happens to me too, and while I wouldn't actually ask for advice, because I figure it's user error more than anything, it's not an invalid question.

Unfortunately, I really don't know how to answer that query, not because I don't want to, or because I like being arrogant, but because I really have no idea what to say. It happens because you're flustered, which is kind of obvious, and if I said don't stress about it, I'd sound just as crappy as the person who told you there was no solution.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-07-21 08:12:31

Sometimes the things just get too fast and I can't react in time, which does definitely fluster me. I know it's supposed to be hard at higher levels but sometimes the fast levels aren't the highest ones, AKA, level 6 of Manamon, which has 30 levels, and level 11 of Crazy Party, also with 30 levels.
I think at this point I need to rack up a few hundred thousand beatcoins and buy a massive pile of safeguards to get through certain packs, which is again why I'm advocating for free safeguards for things like Vocalloid or that 60-level Christmas pack, which I am sure aren't the only ones to be so large.

2018-07-21 10:00:55

@161 Nah I was not trying to be rude, but that really isn't a game issue and I am not sure which useful advice anybody on the forum can give to that. It is just a matter of personal skill, and also practice. The more you play the better you are at it, though this thing where when you lose a safeguard you make a few more mistakes happens to lots of people I know playing this game.

2018-07-21 11:41:19

Hi all
The reason why when you lose a safeguard you make more mistakes is because your mind wanders off to the lost safeguard and strays from the game itself.
it happens to me all the time!

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-07-21 22:54:23

So about that documentation... I would really like to know some of the new keystrokes and methods of doing things in this version.

2018-07-21 23:58:02

So... I got an update alert when I opened Beatstar, and clicked on it, and it's gone quiet for over half an hour. I'm hoping it's actually updating but is it supposed to be taking this long?

2018-07-22 15:10:32

@ogomez92: Nope, I'm on 64-bit Windows with the latest Creator's Update.

What baffles me is that the music in the unlocked music part plays fine, but in-game it doesn't. Are you playing the music any differently in-game versus in the menus that could be triggering this?

What do you use to play the music? OpenGL? XAudio? Good old DirectX?

Also, I'm using the standard Microsoft drivers for my sound card since the latest Windows update deleted the manufacturer's drivers due to compatibility issues. But I've never, ever had a sound problem. Not even with Lone Wolf which uses DirectX 7 (or 8, I can't remember now.) Either way, even with a game like Lone Wolf, written about 20 years ago, I have no sound issues.

2018-07-22 19:43:47

defender wrote:

So about that documentation... I would really like to know some of the new keystrokes and methods of doing things in this version.

Yes; out-of-game documentation would be a good idea.  After fighting Windows Defender on the original BGT version (and, I hope, actually beating it) I discovered the new version when I went to re-acquire the game executable.  Having downloaded and extracted it, I had basically no idea what i was doing to get this going--there is no indication of the fact that there was a language shift on the site, nor is there any mention of a total interface overhaul.  Thankfully, this topic existed.  I am still hoping that a workaround will be implemented for the the q and p keys when downloading packs--perhaps tab for preview and escape for q?
P.S. Is it only my imagination, or has the main-game ballooned in size since the rewrite?  I had originally assumed that the 400+ MB of disk space in the game folder included whichever packs I had downloaded;  but based on all available evidence, this is not the case.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2018-08-08 02:14:57

hey guys, i have an issue, the link to describe everything is below:
http://anyaudio.net/listen?audio=GqDhlB8QV8n, please help!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-08-08 02:16:32

Sooo, I'm trying my hand at pack creation. The problem is, the bpm for my first level isn't syncing properly with the music. I've tried over a dozen times, hitting the space right on the beat, but when it plays back, the timing of the sounds is slightly too early. I tried to cut the loop right on the beat and keep the first word distinct, as I'm not sure how I would cut the intro bit or even if I should have one. Can anyone give me some tips?

2018-08-08 03:27:55

Was there a recent update? I just launched it today after not playing for quite awhile, but a few posts ago someone mentioned an update. I didn't see it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-08-08 04:05:45

It does keep saying "A new version is available! You have Version 2.0, Version is available" or something to that effect. The last time I tried to run it, though, the app just hung.

2018-08-08 18:21:29

Huh, that doesn't happen when I launch it, that's weird.

2018-08-08 18:36:32

hi
the message about new version is a problem with the old update that shows this message even when the server hasn't been yet contacted to see if there's a new version

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-08-09 04:47:07

Hi Oriol,
I can tell you through repeated experimentation that you have a rather odd bug lying around.  At least one pack, when started, causes the app to hang; in this case, I am referring to the pack that was themed after bop-it beats.  I cannot confirm whether or not there are any other packs that do this, but none of the others I have so far tried will.
As a P.S.: I've noticed that this version of the game seems to make the length of each level in each pack static, but I cannot decipher the mechanism for this.  How is it done?

Best Regards,
Hayden