2018-07-19 13:19:55

@22: Wow, that's a really harsh thing to say to someone who's just learning this stuff. Remember: there was a point in time you didn't know what a CLI was either, so the fact that karate25 should "just know it" is absurd. I don't like arrogance.

@karate25: to run your program, go to the Windows Search box and type

cmd

and press ENTER.

When the Windows command prompt appears, type:

python "e:\music\python hello world.py"

In other words, first you need to launch the command prompt by bringing up cmd. Next, type Python, followed by the path to your script.

We put quotes around the path because you have a space in the path name.

The Python interpreter will load, run your script, and then close. To exit the command prompt fully, type

exit

, or you can press ALT+SPACE, and then go to "Close".

2018-07-20 02:43:42

Man oh man. I really think I've chosen the right programming language for me since I'm getting all manner of sound advice and wonderful meat to chew on. With all of that being said, has anyone here heard of a program called jupytr notebooks? it sounds like another kind of program like notepad that'll run your python programs for you. Just how accessible is it if at all? the reason I ask is because I've found an organization called edx that has free courses that teach you how to use python, and one of the things they mention using is this program called Jupytr notebooks. If it's not accessible then I won't use it. But are you certain that notepad will be able to debug my code effectively enough? and Ronand, how about you and I keep in touch since you really seem to want me to succeed and are so happy to help me out. I can use all of the help I'm able to get so if you'd like to email me, you can reach me at [email protected] if you so wish. Have a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing from you all soon and thanks so much very sincerely for all of your help. And for all of you nay sayers out there and smart mouthed people, I'm going to say this very politely. I fully intend to bring revolutionary content to this community if I'm able to work to that point and I'll play it right down the middle and be as fair as I can. So if you don't like that and you haven't got anything kind to say then don't say anything at all. We were all newbies at one point and I'm no acception. Math was never ever my best subject at all, but I finally believe with all of my heart that I've found the right language that I'll be able to pick up and use. I might even have to find someone or a group of people to actually work with me and tutor me so to speak with some of the more complex stuff, and if that's the case, then so be it. If that is what it takes for me to bring the kind of revolutionary content that I'm wanting to bring to this community then I will do all in my power to make it so. I am karate25 and I've approved this message. Lol.

2018-07-21 02:29:52

Hi there Munawar, karate25 here. Thanks so much for your help my friend. I didn't know you knew how to write in Python. That's pretty cool. I've begun doing simple math calculations with python now and also know another person who is blind and writes in python and he's given me a whole list of resources that I can work with to learn to code with Python. I can't wait until I start making games. And if I came across kind of heavy yesterday, I meant to in order to put the nay sayers in their places but this by no means that I don't still want help with learning Python. I'm actually starting to find it entertaining to mess around with as far as printing stuff on the screen and anxiously await what else I'll be able to do with it. I'm also going to work on artificial intelligence when I reach that point too. I'm very excited actually truth be told.

2018-07-21 03:34:47

Hi Karate25.
Well I'll tell you, there are some bad people on here that would insult and mock you for being a beginner. That said, there are just as many good people on here that are willing to help. I have a little programming knolidge, and one thing I've learned is don't get discouraged. While your programming you'll make mistakes, create really troublesome bugs, but the fun part of that sort of thing, is figuring out where you went wrong and correcting it. Or at least that's a lot of fun for me.
Don't be afraid to ask for help, everybody needs to have help when they're really stuck. Keep working at programming until you can create the next hero's call. Just be careful with doing artificial intelligence, you might succeed, and destroy the world with a really smart AI ROFL!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-07-21 03:50:58

Hey there guitarman, love your sense of humor brother, I needed that. And yes indeed I understand completely that I'll get bugs and make mistakes in fact, I'm fully prepared to do that. And I absolutely know there are plenty of good folks on here that are pulling for me and it sounds like you're one of them which I'm happy to hear. I'm going to share with you right now that the kinds of games I intend to create are open world ones and are more like living and breathing worlds that unfold around you in real time. That's all I'm saying for now but it is going to be fun just don't you wurry yourselves about that. Have a wonderful day my friends and I'll be talking to you.

2018-08-02 02:26:54

Hey there again guys, karate25 here. Man, I must say that I am having quite the fun learning journey on my path to game creation with Python. I've learned that pygame might be the best gaming library to use for my creation of games and worlds, now I just need to figure out how to install it. I've also heard it said that the python community is the most helpful and friendly community of programmers you'll meet because they want to help us newbies learn the language and how to make wonderful creations. And believe me, I can believe why this is all true. I've got more help right now than I know what to do with and I could not be happier. My progress is coming along slowly, but I'm able to do very basic math on python and by basic math, I mean stuff like 100+100 and so on. But hey, that's farther than I ever got with BGT so for me that's a technological advancement. I noticed that with BGT I felt more nervous and like oh man, do I really want to do this after all? is this the right language for me? but with learning Python, it isn't like that at all, rather it's a journey and I'm figuring out how to put all of my tools together and what tools I'm going to need to be successful. In fact, speaking of tools, you might try an accessible editor for python called EdSharp. It's completely free and it's accessible by its very design. It even runs with jaws window eyes and nvda. Just do a search for EdSharp and it'll come up. And I'll also go and grab the direct setup link and post it here for those who'll get use out of it like I am. Have a wonderful day to you all and I'll keep you posted.

2018-08-02 02:37:12

All I can say is don't do Pyglet if you intend to allow for controller support, it don't work with its pyglet.input class. The axes always show absolutely zero. I created a text label to show me the value, using str(), I was able to convert the I think its a double representing the position, to a string so the label could show it. I then ran the thing and moved the stick and nothing happened. I tried the X and Y axis of the stick, and the POV, all to no avail. It's not even saying 0.000972 or something, just 0, which tells me that its not even registering at all. The joystic was the only one pluggged in, and was the only one pyglet.input.get_joysticks() found, so opening that one should do the job, but no.

I wish you luck though man, every time I try something with Python, I end up wishing I hadn't and I get to the point wher I'd like to throw my laptop across the room and see how many pieces I can break it into.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-02 02:41:20

Hi Karate25.
Never fear, installing packages is easy! I am a novice programmer, but you can easily install packages with pip. I forget what version of python your using, but both the current versions of python 2 and 3 have pip available when you install them. Change your system variable to point to python 27 or python 36, be careful doing this though, then run command prompt or windows powershell, then when python is running type pip install package name. For example pip install libaudioverse or pip install jango. Pip stands for python installs packages, and it collects packages from PyPi the python package index, which has everything you'll need. I don't know how to install packages manually, but I'm sure that can be done as well.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2018-08-02 03:19:42

Hi.
I actually did know about EdSharp, I didn't know it was accessible though. I just downloaded it and tried it out, it seems very nice, I can't wait to experiment with it.

Guitarman.

2018-08-10 04:09:14

Hello again everyone, karate25 here. I just wanted to give you all an update on my progress with python. I've gotten pygame installed, and I've upgraded my version of pip to its latest version all of this with the help of a sighted buddy of mine who also knows python. He gained remote access to my computer and he helped me get all of this put together where it should've been. Now, I really feel as though I can get coding. The only thing wurrying me is I hope I don't have to get too much into algebra if at all when I make games, because I failed miserably at algebra and math in general. I'll give this an honest shot and I won't discuss any games until I know I've reached a point where I feel comfortable enough to build any. So there it is. The latest update on my progress with learning python and how I enjoy it. Incidentally, guitarman, if you don't mind, is it okay with you if you and I keep in touch? I'd like to see what knowledge you have and see just what you're able to teach me, being another blind python user. Let me know my friend and I look forward to hearing from you and everyone else soon. Have a wonderful evening to you all.

2018-08-10 04:42:58

Programming tends to be pretty heavy on algebra actually, case in point:

a = 5
b = 4
c = a - b
print c

These kinds of things apply to concepts like health bars, x/y movement, bullets, inventory management, entities, etc. The complexity of algebra, or physics, etc. required though really depends on what you want to do. I would probably consider programming to be a form of Applied Algebra as opposed to textbook algebra, since you can use trial and error to get your desired results and experiment to help understand it in a more practical sense. Ultimately you may find it easier to help get a hold of algebra than you did before, but if you need any help, descriptions, or examples feel free to ask.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-08-10 07:49:52

hello nice and really helpfull topic . plese keep posting how do i install pyp pygame and libdiverce >? so nice to here  someone  trying to  lern code .

2018-08-10 09:49:37

Hmm, I think that having someone install everything for you is not a great thing to do. The reason being is now you have no idea on how that all works, how it comes together. Learning that stuff is every bit as important as coding. Also, learning about python modules and how to install them is very important, as is how to manage multiple dependencies in a project, and using something like virtualenv to keep things in one place, and sandboxed from the rest of your python. For instance, OK, you'd probably want NumPy and SciPy installed globally, but something like twisted, you might not need globally, so you use virtualenv.

I would highly recommend that you don't take any such shortcuts in the future, it won't help you, it will only hinder. It will feel great at first, because you jumped a hurdle, but you actually didn't. You ran, and someone came along and swept it to the side for you. I'm not saying don't ever ask for help, I'm just saying, you have to take your learning into your own hands, and every single thing involved in the process is something you should know how to do, because you probably will have to do it again at some point. Like here's a thing, what if he installed python 64 bit, and now you want to use Tolk or UniversalSpeech, did you know that those two modules are not 64-bit compatible? Yeah, neither did I until today actually. So I had to install 32-bit python alongside my 64-bit version. I know it doesn't seem like every step matters, but it really does. You may not see the benefit right away, but you will. This is one of those things young people don't understand, no offense. They don't seem to understand the whole concept of do this thing now and you won't be left in the lurch some day, older people do though.

On the algebra thing, yes you will need to know it, but you don't have to write out every calculation the computer does to check its work or something. If you suspect a formula is going wrong, then you dig down and examine things a bit deeper to see where the issue is.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-10 16:46:43

Hey there guys. Thanks so much for the extra help. Ironcross, that actually makes lots of sense about asking for that kind of help and how it's not very effective if at all. I understand it completely and believe me I wouldn't have even asked for it if I didn't really need it. I was really stuck on how to upgrade my libraries and upgrade things to the latest versions. And as far as the algebra is concerned, I don't really know it, in fact I had lots of help in college and in high school and had to be tutored and have one on one work done with me rather than trying to work with a whole class during college. This is how bad my math skills are. Math for me is like criptonite to superman. I will give all of this a try though but I'm telling you right now, I'm going to need help when it gets into the more complex stuff about health and inventory and other things like that. My games are going to have a lot of that stuff in them. If I even have to find other python coders to help me pick up the slack, I'm even willing to do that too if I must. I'm just going to come out and say it, and excuse the language please. I don't normally talk like this but god damn it all, I want to bring revolutionary content to this community just about as much as I want to be able to play main stream games right alongside my sighted counterparts and I'm glad to see that game companies are slowly beginning to wake up and take notice of us and see that we actually do exist and that we're capable of playing games just as well as sighted people do. Have a wonderful day to you all, and I look forward to hearing from you soon. By the way, absolutely nothing you say here offends me at all, in fact quite the contrary, I look at all of your advice as extremely valuable even if I might not always want to hear it. I want to learn this stuff and I'm glad you all are being so very honest with me but not being hateful either which is nice.

2018-08-10 17:05:32

Well if the person that helped you showed you things as you went along, that's one thing, that's teaching and its helpful, if they went and did it for you, that's not at all helpful. Let me tell you the story of a fishing day at summer camp I had when I was 14. We were on the lake, not on a boat or anything, just all along the shore. We had partners for those who needed them, though, for some reason, this older gentleman decided I did. Keep in mind I've been fishing since I was 5, I know the ropes. This guy proceeded to take the rod from me and do all the fishing, really only letting me do anything when there was a fish on, and only minimally. I explained to him that I knew how to fish, to no avail. He was too busy fishing himself, and smoking cigars all day to care anything about me and whether or not I was having a good time, which I wasn't.
SO you need to surround yourself with people who can teach you, and are willing to do so, not old guys smoking cigars doing it all for you.

Right now, you have everything you need, but what happens when you want to download another Python package. You will, at some point. You can do basic stuff with pygame, but pygame is not a fully featured audio engine, its an all-in-one package. That's why I say lear it all, because you will need it. I don't like that stuff either, I hate dependency management and all that junk, I'd just rather write code, but that's the way of things and you have to manage that aspect of it just as you have to write and debug your code.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-10 21:55:13

Wow ironcross, you're really making lots of sense with me so far my friend. To share a very similar story with you, this one involving my church I used to go to, when ever I would ask to be involved with anything at all, I would usually get variations of one of these two responses. People would either say to me, oh Daniel, you don't have to do anything, you can just come and sit and be a blessing, or they would say oh you don't have to do anything you can just come to what ever the event happened to be and just say one of your eloquent prayers and we can all just enjoy your presence. No, I've got a fully functioning brain and I'm nobody's aesthetically pleasing wallflower. Give me something to do. I now have changed churches and these people absolutely love me for who I am, and my blindness and my prosthetic leg aren't even issues, and on top of that I'm even allowed to help out with things. We recently had a carnival celebrating our 25th year anivursery and I got to hand out the prize bags to the kids for the games we had set up. I said all that to say this, that I completely understand where you're comeing from and this man did do it for me but afterwards, he sent me back a set of instructions as to how I needed to do it in the future, so now I'll have them. And I'll learn and read how to do it all myself too. What I'd like to find are some free accessible books on how to build games with python. I know I have to learn it all but what I'd really love to have in my python learning library are some books on how to build different kinds of games with python. And not just simple games either. I know that's probably an impossibility but hey, I just thought I'd throw it out there. Have a wonderful day and thank you all for your sage advice.

2018-08-11 02:16:27

Don't do like I did, because it screwed up my programming education. Do the menial crap you don't want to do like split strings left right and center, practice concatenating strings and arrays and tuples, etc. Do all that stuff in Learn Python The Hard Way. You do that stuff until you could do it in your sleep, then start building programs that sort things, etc, then start moving from there.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-11 04:00:40

ah. Well see there's the problem. Money's kind of tight right now, so I don't want to spend 30 bucks on learn python the hard way as of yet. Right now, I'm reading a byte of python and it's a pretty cool book actually because you can read it directly online. I do plan on learning everything eventually though, slowly but surely.

2018-08-11 07:15:03

Also use notepad++, didn't know there's an NVDA addon for it though. Can anyone tell me where I can find it?
Someone asked about PyCharm, it wasn't accessible last time I tried it. LiClipse is though, you can use it with the PyDev package.

2018-08-11 13:19:26

You can find that here.

End racism
End division
Become united