2018-07-15 22:39:59 (edited by cj89 2018-07-15 22:44:14)

I haven't listened to the gameplay since that podcast, but the podcast seemed to do it's purpose for me in informing me what to expect. I wasn't impressed from that demo, so yeah that's already a no from me. I will say though, I don't think it's fair that the game is being roasted for not having a playable demo. It's not a given in the mainstream gaming world that you're going to get a playable demo. If you're on the fence that much about it, wait a while and see what other people have to say about it. There have been three or so people here that have reported bugs that to me sound like they easily should've been picked up in testing. Yes, it's possible that absolutely no one on the team experienced these bugs, but who knows honestly. Again if you think the price is too steep, I'd encourage you not to buy it. There are those that will to give it a fair review, so you can't say you don't have that to look at as well. Again, thank you to these people.

2018-07-16 00:15:21

While listening to game play can sometimes work in place of a playable demo, no two people will play the same game the same way, and no two people will get the same feeling about what they think of a game or how well it fits into their style of game play. That being said, nothing can be an adequate substitute for a playable demo you can play with yourself to determine if a game suits you or not.

A lot also depends on who made the game play recording being offered in place of a playable demo, if it was the developer you can be fairly sure that they will avoid the games issues or those areas that aren't as well developed as others. Their focus is going to be on enticing listeners to buy the game so anything negative will be left out or glossed over.

It's far better that a player with no stake or interest in how well the game sells create the game play recording. You'll get a more balanced approach which will touch on the games low and high points.

A playable demo wouldn't be that hard to create. Just pick some point in the game no more than a fifth of the way through the game that is a choke point that every player has to go through, when the player gets to that point, don't allow them to continue on unless the game is registered, but at least allow them to save the game so they can continue after buying and registering it, if that is what they choose to do.

2018-07-16 00:44:10

I would like a recording for this game so that I can decide if I want to buy the game.
the reason I would like a recording for this game is because I would like to hear how the sound is designed so that I can tell if it's in either in mono or stereo as well as the cutscenes.

2018-07-16 00:49:14

Nick, I know the thread is getting long, but you may want to step through all the messages because there has been mention of at least one player recorded sample of the game's play. I believe Liam made one. You might also try going to youtube and searching for "echos of levia soulbound" there, to find the recordings.

2018-07-16 00:54:38

@Orko I actually don't disagree with that, but regardless I still think that a good demo will still inform you of what to expect. At least, it did for me and maybe that should be the point I need to stress here. I also wasn't one of those people that really followed this game after I saw that podcast.

2018-07-16 01:40:54

I can't seem to find liam's recording about echoes from levia: soulbound.
I went to youtube and it's not on the site.

2018-07-16 01:46:22

I think it was in the part of the archive lost. He's redoing it as we speak though, so yeah tune in and give it a listen or catch it on the archive.

2018-07-16 03:04:49

Heard Liam play this on his stream earlier and think it's pretty neat. One question though. Why the heck does the spirit in the beginning sound like a cyborg?

2018-07-16 03:11:57 (edited by x0 2018-07-16 03:15:08)

I unfortunately am a late arrival to this so I don't actually know what the preffis is for it. The extra cost on paypal may be their you do currency conversions so we'll add extra on top of it! Bit. I would think that a system where I bought the game for iOS, then somewhere in the app I made it generate me a license for windows using the iOS purchase, so since I've already bought it once I would be able to play it on windows without the paypal overhead thing would be nice. I wish there was a playable demo of some sort, because I have never been able to do podcasts, I have some reflex delays with my brain and so I really can't know if I'm gonna be able to play a game until I sit down with a demo and go through some levels and see all the different types of mechanics it can offer, combat, puzzles, whatever there is. Also I don't busy myself with listening to letsplay streams, since they are of really no use to me. Just one or so of each, ya know, but yeah. Feel me? And since this thing accumulated this many posts in literally a day I haven't read them all, if I'm gonna lay down $23 on it how much gameplay am I getting. What should I expect? Is it a grinding type rpg, is it pure linear like papa sangre or a blind legend, what kind of environments will I be faced with, what challenges does it sport etc? I have to go through my parents and we're tight on money so I need to know that this thing is absolutely worth it. Preferably it would be receiving updates with either more story or extra postgame or what have you.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-07-16 03:13:44

True, she does sound like a machine.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-07-16 04:47:20

I don't know what the PayPal total would be but at current conversion rates, 24.95 Euros is about 29.14 US dollars.

2018-07-16 08:10:29

Hi.
I do understand those who are asking for a refund for the game, since as mentioned in my review, it's difficult to call it a game. Personally I'm glad I have supported the developers by buying the game, because it's not all that bad out from my opinion. I hope the developers will consider all our advice, and do their best to update the game to at leased fix the issues. Having bought such expensive product, I will at leased expect the issues to be fixed. If I ask for a refund, then I can't expect anything at all. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-07-16 13:11:04

Liam streamed it again last night and in two places, I heard a bad click / interference in the sound that honestly sounded like a bad mic cable. That's unacceptable.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-16 17:27:41

That's odd, because I really haven't had any issues with the sounds. But I, like SLJ, am glad I supported the developer. Do I wish there could have been more to the game, certainly, but I'm certainly not going to roast Cloverbit over the coals. This is after all their first title.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-07-17 01:03:43

After finishing the game I am unhappy that the game play was so short...

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-07-17 01:57:36

what's so short about the gameplay?

2018-07-17 02:10:45

I just bought Tomb Hunter's preorder and had zero problems with PayPal, it worked as it should. So for a sanity or reality check I tried it again to see if it was working here too, and even if I had wanted this game, I still couldn't purchase it because PayPal still told me that something isn't working right.

The true test of a developer is how they handle problems like this plus all the problems others have reported about the game. Hopefully they will address these problems and release an update, but only time will tell that story.

2018-07-17 02:23:58

hi
  I want to request a refund: What is the team email?: i send to ([email protected]) but i'm not sure

2018-07-17 05:09:37 (edited by Jeffb 2018-07-17 05:10:01)

@Nick I can't really say with out spoiling it but it ended way sooner than it should have.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-07-17 08:02:02

abdulla-dubais wrote:

hi
  I want to request a refund: What is the team email?: i send to ([email protected]) but i'm not sure

May I ask how much time you have spend reading their website?
Spoiler
Don't read the rest if you don't wanna have spoiled how to contact Cloverbit:
Go to their website which is cloverbit.com, go down to the heading called "Contact us" and fill out the contact form. Yes, it is really that easy. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-07-17 22:08:26

I got the email from the purchase letter. I forgot to search in it haha: and The refund process was completed

2018-07-18 01:56:09

Hi.
I was excited to check out this game. Probably next month I will check it out. It's amazing that they got the game to work on so many platforms, I wonder if they were using xamarin to facilitate this?

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-07-18 18:45:16

Hi all i believe if i am not mistaken that they rote some wear that sole bound is only the first chapter of echos from levia and i did not find the audio so bad thus far and after all this is there first audio game so i think we should be more forgiving.
kind regards

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2018-07-18 19:26:03

Well, it's not their first audio game, if the rumours about a conection with ticonblue is true...

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-07-18 22:21:49

I don't know if I should be scared or not about the connection to ticonblue.
I still haven't decided yet if I should get the game or not, from what i am reading I don't feel like playing it, but I wil check out the existing streams and see what the others are thinking about that.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.